• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone else hate their type's profiles?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
So do you think Black Cat's fluffy kitty avatar is just an attempt to fit in with the other INFPs?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So do you think Black Cat's fluffy kitty avatar is just an attempt to fit in with the other INFPs?

I think BlackCat is at least IxFP, but has a fair bit of J in him so comes off differently than most IxFPs.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The types at What is Best-Fit Type? are pretty accurate (They're at the very, very top of the page)... every time I show a type profile to a friend that isn't familiar with MBTI, they always say it's them to the Tee

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like my type description a lot. Pretty accurate overall. Its the extra ridiculous stuff on here that pops out of people's butts that I don't like sometimes.

heart

heart on fire
I had no issues with that profile except it is heavy on strengths and doesn't go into the weaknesses enough. Faith is not just about theistic religion. Faith is central to my being. I wasn't raised in ANY religion. It's not about religion, it's hard to explain and I am fairly cynical about much of the world but there are things that I have faith in. Fi seems ready made to have faith, it is a sort of faith all on its own. Faith in feeling.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
The types at What is Best-Fit Type? are pretty accurate (They're at the very, very top of the page)... every time I show a type profile to a friend that isn't familiar with MBTI, they always say it's them to the Tee

That's like me, the only problem I have with it is it's one profile written by someone who appears to be a businessman. Not everyone's a businessman/woman so there needs to be a little more variety, maybe some more profiles. I guess it's fairly good as is, though.

But I concur with some of the people in this thread. People can be so different even within one type. That's what's so great about it, you can have common qualities that tie different people together in the same type.

Has anyone read the Keirsey descriptions? They're really good, I've always loved them the best.

You can find extended descriptions here (click "Type Profiles" on the left side).

I think Keirsey's explanations work best because they give a reason for why there are 16 different types: there are four basic temperaments to start with, which have been described since ancient times, and these are further divided into four different roles: coworker, initiator, responder and contender.

Makes perfect sense to me, at least.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Again, what?

Nevermind cynical, being rational contradicts that idea. Unlike faith in a religious sense (debatable, I'm sure), that is merely childish behaviour. I was like that as a kid, anyway. I doubt it applies to most INFPs.

I start with Fi:-
Carl Jung. "Psychological Types" Book. CHAPTER X (General Description Of The Types). The Introverted type.

Add Ne etc.

It's the most accurate description I've seen for me. Probably because it excludes things outside of type.

I have to go with this too, now. Both profiles and even function and function role (archetype, etc) descriptions are often loaded with stereotypes.
So we come to define the types and functions by behaviors that the function may lead to, though it originally did not start with behavior.
Sometimes it's good to go back to the source.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s/1416-archetypes-functions-6.html#post748446

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Thank you for sharing that. I have just brought one of the books online.
Best description i have found so far. :)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for sharing that. I have just brought one of the books online.
Best description i have found so far. :)

:D I only have one book right now (Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code by Berens and Nardi), but I love it! Let me know which one you get and what ya think :)