• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which types recognize the most strategic value in which types?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your type and which other types' natural abilities do you see as most useful/wish you were better at?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTJs. Can totally appreciate their determination and skills to break things apart into sizable and approachable chunks. Makes the tasks ahead so much less daunting

STPs. Absolutely envy their 'What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger' attitude. I'll gladly follow their lead and trust their instincts.

SJs and their ability to notice every detail and keep it mind. They're able to put the finishing touch on things so easily and keep things going smoothly. SFJs with people, observing the niceties and not forgetting small meaningful touches, and STJs with practical details so things don't get bogged down by one stupid thing you forgot. I don't constantly have to worry about forgetting these things when those people are around. They'll hand me the right detail at the right time.

NTPs for their out of the box thinking. Means I've always got a new pov to explore in a ton of subjects.

Though NFJs have a lot in common with me, I appreciate them keeping the group together. I'm capable of it myself, but it costs me a lot more energy and I have to make sure I don't get distracted.

Have to admit I don't have as much experience with SFPs so cannot comment on that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP- SPs but especially ESTP and ISTP. Plus XXTJ.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm ENFP.

Envy ENTJs. They are like a version of us that finishes things.

And ISTPs, because they are one of the best combinations of skill and logic you'll see.

Also ISFPs for their creativity. Their work is so different, but also precise and complete.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
I am an ENTJ. I recognize strategic value in any type. That's my normal mode of thinking, looking for potential and actualizing it.

I wish I was better at understanding very complex theoretical stuff like INTPs. I mean I'm not bad at it but INTPs are the only type that has managed to amaze me.

Also, I envy the ENFPs empathy and kindness. It's almost unbelievable that such people exist. They help people asking absolutely nothing in return and they can find the good side in everyone. And on top of that they will say "he's a good man" for someone who is not even half as good as they are. They are a combination of genius and naive.

Frank

^
Ditto that. I usually have a way to put anyone to good use.

I also really admire the logic and analytical skills of those proficient in Ti. Not just intp. I always think I could be just as good at it if I had the patience and my focus was not always on steps and tasks to move forward towards my goals, but I am most likely just fooling myself.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What is your type and which other types' natural abilities do you see as most useful/wish you were better at?

I wish I was better at the other types' natural ability to recognize that they are not their emotions...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ENFP.

Envy ENTJs. They are like a version of us that finishes things.

You do mean ENFJ, right?

And ISTPs, because they are one of the best combinations of skill and logic you'll see.

Also ISFPs for their creativity. Their work is so different, but also precise and complete.

Indeed, smart ISTPs really impress me with their pragmatism.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an ESTJ, and I admire:
- INTPs for their objectivity,
- ENTJs for their leadership ability,
- NFs for their ability to read people, and most of all,
- ISTJs, for having everything that I appreciate about ESTJs, without the explosive emotions, and without most of the really annoying bits. I wish I was an ISTJ detective. How cool would that be?? :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
STJs for their attention to detail
STPs for their physical daring
NFPs for their ability to empathy

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

INFJ.

xNTJ - Better at getting things done, contingency planning, etc.

ExFP - Ability to socialize, persuade, connect, network, etc.

ISTJ - Better at taking care of details and keeping everything working.

If I could incorporate all of those qualities into my being along with my current abilities... why, I'd be almost unstoppable.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
"Who notices strategic value in others?"

I got the feeling this question was tailor-made for ENTJ.

Somewhat similar, but different kinds of abilities are exercised by the ENFJ, who make a notice of a person's influence, and the ENTP, who notes what a person "can do", and what can be made "with him".

Then there's the ESTP who focuses on what they can do, and with whom they can do it with.

Who notices strength in others?

INFJ seem to find spiritual or philosophical strenght in others.
ENFP seem to find in others the ability to connect the dots, non-conformity and the ability to free one's mind and the spirit.

Lightyear

xSTPs for their pragmatism and ability to deal with anything their environment throws at them smoothly and calmly (while in an emergency situation I normally have to tell my emotions to shut the fuck up and try to suppress feelings of panic, focussing all my energy on my Ni-Ti problem solving skills)

But I think I could also find strategic value in anyone and put it to use, but in contrast to a major Te user my Fe would probably propel me to put the person before the task instead of just seeing others as pawns.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
As an INTP, I admire the following qualities often exhibited by the following types:

ExTJs - their ability to "get it done" in the most efficient way possible
INxJs - their almost "psychic" powers
IxFPs - their quest for inner harmony and purpose in life

That being said, I admire those qualities in any individual, regardless of type.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
ENTPs, for their rather strange abnormality of not only being able to stand other human beings but ENJOY them being around.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ If you let Ne out of its cage more often, you may find that people can be a very entertaining source of ideas to play with in your head.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SJ's for their ability to follow through with the goals they set for themselves - no matter how daunting.

SP's for their laid back approach to life and utter unflappability in the face of crisis.

NF's for their superb ability to have the utmost patience with humanity and the fact you generally like people...how do you do that? ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That's mostly ENFs. It's an E thing.