• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Internet and Introverts

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Meh. Real life is overrated.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Takes more time to discuss something in the internet. Limited use. If I'm sick and have to stay home, then internet is great. If I feel I must discuss some obscure topic thru, then it's internet time, as it's hard to find any conversation irl, if the topic is rare enough.

Internet is great for finding information I need in my work, couldn't live wihtout it. I'd rather not use internet for other purposes tho, if I feel active enough to do other than to surf the web.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
you know I kind of have a love hate relationship with the ole world wide web.
I'm an INFJ.

I love being able to talk about things at any momments notice- and be able to socialize with people with total control of the confrontation or interaction. If someone says something I don't like- I just stop reading and can turn off the computer at anytime. It feels very safe. I have time to collect my thoughts and I can edit things I say and add things. I tedn to think out loud in real life and also it takes a while for me to collect my thoughts.

But on ther other hand- sometimes it seems too impersonal- too safe.
If it seems like all my social life is on the computer then I will feel empty. I have a need for seeing people's facial expressions and there is so much that I feel needs to be said through talking outloud- things that are missed through typing. I like to give a voice to my thoughts and feelings literally and feel resentful of the world if for too long it is muted by typing. Plus sometimes I get sick of reading. I am not a big reader in real life anyway.

But then again- on the other hand- there is so much that can't be voiced and things that I may be too passively aggressive or all over the place to say in person that is best expressed through typing where boldness comes so much easier and one is forced to be more organized in communication- there is more structure.

I need a good mix of having opportunities to connect with people and discuss ideas in REAL LIFE and also do the same in forums or on the web.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
ladypinkington, I know you say you're not, but you really seem ENFJ-ish to me.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
ladypinkington, I know you say you're not, but you really seem ENFJ-ish to me.

I know I may seem like it because I am more intense and lively then most introverts some say to me- but being around people definately drains me!
I am a bubbly, high energy introvert. I have a good amount of E in me but the I is defiantely dominant.
If you knew me in Real Life- you would see that being a walking contradiction is standard for me. But believe me I am definately an INFJ, my dominant function of Ni is definately used to it's dominant capacity and actually makes my Fe more intense.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I know I may seem like it because I am more intense and lively then most introverts some say to me- but being around people definately drains me!
I am a bubbly, high energy introvert. I have a good amount of E in me but the I is defiantely dominant.
If you knew me in Real Life- you would see that being a walking contradiction is standard for me. But believe me I am definately an INFJ, my dominant function of Ni is definately used to it's dominant capacity and actually makes my Fe more intense.

I believe you. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know, I've heard that ENFJ's are some of the more Introverted Extraverts. That would explain why proteanmix spends so much time on a message board compared to a typical Extravert. They usually have better things to do, and so many real friends they don't even need or want this kind of interaction, it would bore them.

So I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Also, the most common Extraverts I've seen on here are ENFJ's, with only a few ENFP's and ENTP's, and I think one or two ENTJ's.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You know, I've heard that ENFJ's are some of the more Introverted Extraverts. That would explain why proteanmix spends so much time on a message board compared to a typical Extravert. They usually have better things to do, and so many real friends they don't even need or want this kind of interaction, it would bore them.

So I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Also, the most common Extraverts I've seen on here are ENFJ's, with only a few ENFP's and ENTP's, and I think one or two ENTJ's.

Shucks...I thought no one would notice that. :(

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My ENFP friend won't join because last time I got her onto a message board she got addicted and didn't want to do anything else which she thinks is unhealthy or something :rolli: *sigh*