• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you wary of Te?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, I cant say what I am thinking, cause that would prolly result in a kickban. But I am with Über on that one :D

I don't know what the forum rules are and I'm too lazy to read them, so I don't know if I'm allowed to say what I'm thinking either.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just read the golden first sentence a nurse can give you to start a flirt with you of the year 2009 ! :D

"I could wash you" :rofl1:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Te is the function that I butt heads with the most. I think that unhealthy Te types are the least likely to realize that they are unhealthy. The mentality is something like, "Hey I work hard and have achieved a lot, so that gives me a license to be an asshole." Also Te tends to be very conventional, and I revel in being unconventional.

Of course there are plenty of people out there that use Te in a healthy way, and I usually appreciate these people a lot. Te can be really good at earning people's respect, or it can be really good about alienating people. It really depends on the person with the Te.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
These folks aren't using their Te very well. If they were then they'd be aware of the inefficiency of that tactic.

Yeap.

I dislike Te. I feel Te users are mean, dangerous, and sadistic.

Can you wxplain this is more datail or give some explanation ?

Te is the function that I butt heads with the most. I think that unhealthy Te types are the least likely to realize that they are unhealthy. The mentality is something like, "Hey I work hard and have achieved a lot, so that gives me a license to be an asshole." Also Te tends to be very conventional, and I revel in being unconventional.

Of course there are plenty of people out there that use Te in a healthy way, and I usually appreciate these people a lot. Te can be really good at earning people's respect, or it can be really good about alienating people. It really depends on the person with the Te.

I disagree to so degree since Te is just a process nothing more. So there is alot of differences based upon the source that is powering it.

Te can be quite unconventional but it has a tendency to be efficient. What can reduce a level of unconventionality if it is clearly ineffective.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
it's about the only function I use in the external world considering our Se is virtually non existent. And so yes, sometimes I wish I can let go of it, maybe that's why I like solitude, then no unwanted external stimulation is necessary.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I disagree to so degree since Te is just a process nothing more. So there is alot of differences based upon the source that is powering it.

Te can be quite unconventional but it has a tendency to be efficient. What can reduce a level of unconventionality if it is clearly ineffective.

Well my comment is more about ExTJ's since they have Te as the dominant function. Your statement about the "source that is powering it" shows that you are thinking more of Te as an auxiliary function. Te as a function deals with conventions, but Ni is so unconventional that INTJ's don't appear particularly conventional. However the efficient method is the generally the proven conventional method, so Te prefers to stay with what is conventional.

Lightyear

Just wondering: How exactly do you know that you have a lot of Te?

Especially at work I love being efficient and getting things done as quickly and in an as efficient manner as possible, I don't like slowness and I tend to see the bigger picture, how each person and task are interconnected, who is best for doing which job. I can also boss people around quite a bit if necessary however I always try to consider their feelings and am in general careful not to unnecessarily offend them (since people that are pissed off are much less likely to do a good job) Is there any Te in that... or is that just Fe working as a leadership function instead?

deleted
I've tested very strong in Te, however a lot of times I test higher in Fi.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Just wondering: How exactly do you know that you have a lot of Te?

Especially at work I love being efficient and getting things done as quickly and in an as efficient manner as possible, I don't like slowness and I tend to see the bigger picture, how each person and task are interconnected, who is best for doing which job. I can also boss people around quite a bit if necessary however I always try to consider their feelings and am in general careful not to unnecessarily offend them (since people that are pissed off are much less likely to do a good job) Is there any Te in that... or is that just Fe working as a leadership function instead?

The first sentence sounded like Te, then all of a sudden you turned back to your normal self. If you want to get a real feel for Te, then stop thinking of people as people, in fact don't use the word people, start thinking of them as tools at your disposal. lol. a pawn on a chess board if you will.

This is not to say you will achieve a better working environment, we're not exactly people persons ya know, but if you want to get to know Te then that's what you have to do.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I've always considered Te to be my efficiency function. I use it for getting the job done sooner, better, faster, or with less resources. "Time is money and we don't have an infinite bankroll." Of course, being the first of my "shadow" functions, I have to be careful that I don't make all other functions a slave to it. While extensive use of the function will result in streamlining the system that is my life, I will likely, (and ironically) streamline away the core of my life. (namely, my personality)

lamp

All of this post may be off because I do not have much of a feel for or understanding of T.

I am wary of Te. I often find that I prefer Ti solutions to Te ones (though I generate Te solutions unless I go through the day trying to mimic my ISTP friend). Ti seems very minimalist, low-profile and elegant. Te seems very much like a machine that requires a certain environment to function; I like that Ti seems to be able to function in a vaccuum. I also wonder if Te feels more judgemental compared to Ti, thus making me more uncomfortable about Te.

My Te almost seems like a joke-generator. Often times I draw absurd-feeling conclusions that are more amusing than anything else.

My Te is interested in consolidating some sections of this forum, to make it easier to track new discussions. But I wonder if it is simply better to basically ignore certain sections and let them die and achieve a similar result without having to go through all the hassle of redesigning the site's organization.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have a question for TJs.

Can you describe your view of the difference between Te and being rude ?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Te is really predictable to me. Much more so than Fe and Se.

Although I fear none of these! Cept Fe.