• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and Inferiority Complexes

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to Dr. John Beebe, people have inferiority complexes surrounding the use of their inferior functions. The feeling of inferiority that results from having limited facility with a function results in a drive to overcompensate. A person will be sensitive to criticism of their inferior function use and will feel the need to "make up for it."

I am curious to know how others experience their inferior function, and if they experience the sort of complex described above. So, do you? And if you do, what does it end up looking like in terms of your external behavior?
Interesting. Hadn't thought about it this way, but it seems to fit my experience with Fi.

One near-guaranteed way to hit my Berserk Button is to call me unfeeling, cold, uncaring, selfish, or another variation on that theme.
Quenk's Was That Really Me is all about this.
:wub: Love that book. I relate to her Te-dom descriptions more than any others I've read.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm... I'm calling bullshit, at least in my own case anyways :cheese:

I'm most afraid that someone will be better at something than I am... I REALLY hate any coworker who is more competent than me and I wouldn't ever let them know because I know that I shouldn't and therefore feel kind of guilty about it :blush: I also always disliked other students who could also knock out an A paper in a couple of hours, people who could defeat me in a drinking marathon and anyone who's dessert got more praise than mine at any family event :doh:

maybe I have issues, but I sure as hell don't think that they have anything to do with inferior functions... those areas of my life are rather less interesting! :laugh: