• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Males and females of the same type- differences?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What differences does gender create? Gender makes a type pretty different from what I've observed, I can usually pick up on someone's gender just by how they post on here. In real life the males and females of the same type are very different from each other yet very similar in ways.

Is there a pattern to this? Of specific differences in types? Anyone?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Well I would have to get to know another ISFJ enough to be able to tell major differences and things we have in common. It would be great to find someone who is in a relationship with their own type. Wish I could be of more help.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I can't really tell, since I haven't been typewatchign for long. I knew this other chick who might have been INTP. I personally thought that she was a slightly abrasive bitch, but when we talked, the conversations were electric.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, to me, you basically take the basic type, then layer in the results of biological and cultural sex differences, and.... voila.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think the gender difference is any more significant than all the other personality differences that just come from being different people...my enfp sister and i are different in a lot of ways...same type...parents and upbringing...a lot of the same friends...but very different.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, to me, you basically take the basic type, then layer in the results of biological and cultural sex differences, and.... voila.

This is correct. Otherwise there might as well be 32 types.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just don't feel any more like female enfps than i do males...except for possibly the fact that male enfps are most likely not very bubbly/smiley and maybe a bit more inclined to be storytellers/performers.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ agree

I know 2 ENFP males and 1 ENFP female and that is the major difference I see. But, it could just be these people.

Also, I was once friends with a male INTP and we got along but I thought he was arrogant and petty.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only know one ENFJ and it's a male. We get on great, and his humor is hilarious, but the two of left to our own devices would probably make the world blow up.

Accidentally.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is correct. Otherwise there might as well be 32 types.

MBTI type is not the sole dictator of one's individuality. Far from it. We are talking about behavior here. The cognitive processes are similar, but the behavior can differ substantially.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Thank you, Captain Obvious.

btw, the biggest differences are mainly just functions of societal gender role expectations. Male Fs and female Ts have the hardest time. Male Fs will sometimes exaggerate their manliness or prowess in order to compensate for insecurity about not naturally fitting into stereotypical "tough guy" gender roles. Female Ts (especially ExTx females) often have trouble fitting into that traditional "supportive and submissive emotional caregiver" role.

Other than that, though, there really aren't that many differences motivated by gender. Psychological type is a much bigger understanding barrier than gender, in most cases.