• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you get drained by posting?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So I was browsing another forum I belong to and I saw an interesting topic. An extravert explained how posting was draining for them and they wondered how people could possibly post so many posts per day. I find that I could go on posting for hours and hours. Do any of you extraverts out there feel drained after posting too much? Or even introverts for that matter?

heart

heart on fire
Posting is not the same as conversing because one can type straight from the brain and not have to worry about other's input until and/or if one reads them. One can pick and chose how much or how little to interact and more importantly when.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
yeah...it is

but i attribute that to thinking deep; as is the nature of discussions around these part

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh it depends on how much thought I put into the post.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not drained no, but I can get very, very antsy if I can't interact with people or connect with them.

Mole

Permabanned
I drain my readers.

For whatever I post, they laugh like drains.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
No, posting doesn't drain me at all. I could, and often do, do it all day.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I get drained by reading...

Too much of the same old discussion. Too much of stuff that doesn't make much sense.

Even reading is too much, let along posting...

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't get drained by posting my thoughts, but I can get drained by interaction, especially if it's an argument.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Not at all draining. But then again, most of my posts are usually short. Then again I'm a strong introvert.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. I'm an internet extravert.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I was browsing another forum I belong to and I saw an interesting topic. An extravert explained how posting was draining for them and they wondered how people could possibly post so many posts per day. I find that I could go on posting for hours and hours. Do any of you extraverts out there feel drained after posting too much? Or even introverts for that matter?

Writing is like birthing a baby for large projects and still takes effort for short projects. Unless the writing's complete fluff, it's an expenditure of energy as much as doing something physical is.

I think my writing stamina is stronger than some, I can write a lot once I get going and I think in terms of writing and have been doing it for so long that I don't have to burn as much energy as some... but it's still a depletion of mental energy, and after a certain amount of time, I become exhausted and have to go recharge somewhere. Tense discussions drain energy faster because I have to spend time both on informational content as well as considering all the possibilities for how a particular post might be read by lots of different people.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Writing is like birthing a baby for large projects and still takes effort for short projects. Unless the writing's complete fluff, it's an expenditure of energy as much as doing something physical is.

I take my previous post back. I'm pretty sure if all of my posts were as long and insightful as yours, I'd be drained too.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
It can be draining to write something that means a lot to me and then to get no response. Or is the word "discouraging"?
One of the two.
Or both...:(
If I wanted to have no response, I'd write in my diary...

S

Sniffles

I get drained by reading...

Too much of the same old discussion. Too much of stuff that doesn't make much sense.

Even reading is too much, let along posting...

+1 I often get drained from being online too long.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not drained by posting here.
On the other hand, I don't spend much time every day on Typology Central because I actually have a life outside of the internet, :huh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I enjoy it immensely which is why I post so often. However, if I stay on the Internet for too long in one day it makes me feel drained. I have to go outside and take a walk or ride my bike, or just do something else around the house, even if I don't have to go to work or anything, because staying on the computer for hours and hours isn't good for me.

Everything in moderation.

P

Phantonym

Posting is extremely draining for me. I'm not that used to wording my thoughts and I don't exactly write out everything that goes on in my mind during writing a particular post. It just gets disgusting after a while and...yeah.............