• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you get drained by posting?

S

Sniffles

Posting is extremely draining for me. I'm not that used to wording my thoughts and I don't exactly write out everything that goes on in my mind during writing a particular post. It just gets disgusting after a while and...yeah.............

Yeah really, there's so much going on in your head at once it'd literally take you years to explicitly explain it to others.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It seems to me that it takes INFJ an average of 10 minutes to make a post ~ 2 paragraphs in length...

Of which most of the time is spent, deleting and inserting words and rereading to ensure things make sense prior to posting.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm getting drained by all the inane INFJ threads. Not real ones...these other things...

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So I was browsing another forum I belong to and I saw an interesting topic. An extravert explained how posting was draining for them and they wondered how people could possibly post so many posts per day. I find that I could go on posting for hours and hours. Do any of you extraverts out there feel drained after posting too much? Or even introverts for that matter?

I don't feel drained after posting too much, but I lost interest in reading a long post or reading any thread with more than 50 posts.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm extroverted and don't get drained by posting.

I would rather meet all the Typologycentral people IRL than online but because I "feel" (not physically) the person better IRL.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh it would be if i ever posted anything with substance...i'm much better with those sorts of discussions in person.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems to me that it takes INFJ an average of 10 minutes to make a post ~ 2 paragraphs in length...

Of which most of the time is spent, deleting and inserting words and rereading to ensure things make sense prior to posting.

Oh God, yes!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do get drained from posting online. When this happens, I "drop out" of a forum for some time, until I feel restored enough to want to post again.

I've just come out of one of these phases on this very forum - after several weeks of staying away, I suddenly felt the need to reconnect with the typology community.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I used to get drained by posting, but now I only post on a topic which energizes me.

I would rather meet all the Typologycentral people IRL than online but because I "feel" (not physically) the person better IRL.
Sounds like your Ne is in the very early planning stages for the first TypoC meetup in Northern Europe. :D

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
no because I'm not being interrupted or overpowered which makes me feel like giving up and just drains me

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Depends on who's posting with me. If it's the right people on board, I could go on for far too long. If it's boring, I get drained pretty fast. Seems not much is going on right now, for example. Unless someone throws me a rope, I'm almost on empty :(

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Posting, not so much. This is because when posting on a forum, it's something I can do at my own pace and when I have all the time I need to respond to people, the fact that I communicate better through written than verbal communication shines through. But when it comes to DMs/text messages and people texting/DMing frequently there is a point when I get overwhelmed and run out of juice. I need a lot of alone time and it's almost like the person is right there in my house/personal space badgering me when I want my me-time.

There is a point when the ball should be in the reciever's court, but some people don't get that concept, then I pick up my phone and have a ton of text messages from one person because they didn't have the patience for me to respond to their original message.

Rather than thinking "So sorry for not responding..." It makes me more resentful towards the other person for rushing me and assuming I don't have a life beyond sitting on my phone all day and entertaining them. I have a lot of stuff that I'm up to thank you very much and it's nothing personal, but it will get to that point if people don't respect that.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Posting is one thing, I can never feel drained by it because I’m allowed to fully express myself that way. Dealing with people, on the other hand, is a different story. While I’m now able to speak up more confidently and appear more extroverted, I still feel drained at the end of the day and need my own company to retreat to. So yeah, anyone who thinks I’m anything but introverted has no idea... :mellow:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When there are fight, yes. When there are jokes, no.

Lark

No, this seems like an odd suggestion.

I'd only get drained when I think people are trolling or being deliberately obtuse, which I think happens too, along with shit posting.

Its unfortunately what online behavioural norms are at the moment, maybe its the amount of adolescents online, maybe not, who knows.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
No because I have control over what and when to post. Real time interaction can get rather draining for me though. I tend to only have enough "juice" for one person, and maybe a second at times.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Introvert here, and same as the above. Something I very much enjoy about online interaction is that it gives an avenue for new forms of communication: cross-group talk, and asynchronous engagement. It also opens a lot of avenues for discussions that are by nature very hypothetical or exploratory with the safety of no real-life repercussions, which hopefully and are indeed for the most part not abused- eg; people using online platforms to express themselves without actually feeling like they are holding other peoples' ears hostage, say, talking about being gay without the fear or risk of being ousted, disowned, bullied, fired, etc.