• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there such a thing as worst match?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really know the types of my friends, I can't speak from experience.
I know the types of the characters in my stories though...
Easiest to write: ESTJ - those consistent, down-to-earth types who have difficulties adapting, giving the writer the time to explain things to the reader :hug:
I've managed to write a quite nice ISFJ too, which is my opposite - but if he existed in real life, I would totally like to have him as a coworker or even a friend!
Best match to ENTP is... INTJ? Do I have an INTJ in my story somewhere...? Oh yes. With a bit of a feely side, too.
Worst match would be... ESFJ? I've got no important ESFJs running around... Maybe it's a sign. (I did NOT want the cliché mother bear in my story!)

Edit: I've got the "worst match" wrong... Should be ESFP. Yes, I've got an ESFP in the story. Not really important, not really an enemy but still an antagonist, as he's the rival of my ISFJ in love. (The ISFJ wins because of his loyalty!)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)...

Thoughts?
The Nemesis is an easy count. It is simple arithmetics.

ESFJ, ENFP, ISFP and ESTP 25 per cent.

INTP, ISTJ, ENTJ, and INFJ 75 per cent

ESFP 0 per cent

INTJ 100 per cent

ISFJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ISTP, ESTJ and INFP 50 per cent.

Be happy. Go lucky.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you count? The functions?
Which type did you use as reference?
Cause INTP vs INTP can only be 0% or 100% whichever thing you're counting.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs and I don't have any chemistry usually...it's the annoying sibling-syndrom. You wanna taunt em and screw with them, just not for the right reasons :doh:

Somehow, frustrating them isn't cute or amusing.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I understand well, you didn't use the functions, just the dichotomies. One different letter = 75% match, etc.
Am I right?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTPs and I don't have any chemistry usually...it's the annoying sibling-syndrome. You wanna taunt em and screw with them, just not for the right reasons :doh:

Somehow, frustrating them isn't cute or amusing.
What about ESTPs?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about ESTPs?

I much prefer their introverted cousin but, I tend to like 'em just fine, especially the enneagram 8 ones ;)

We do have chemistry and there isn't any annoying sibling :girlfight: stuff going on :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I much prefer their introverted cousin but, I tend to like 'em just fine, especially the enneagram 8 ones ;)

We do have chemistry and there isn't any annoying sibling :girlfight: stuff going on :D
Ahh, so would you say that you prefer introverted men in general?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahh, so would you say that you prefer introverted men in general?

In general yeah, with the exception of ENTJs..I like them being loud and blunt :blush:

But overall, I enjoy a man who's actually just on the edge..makes me work for his attention a bit at first, is somewhat a bit aloof even, but can be quite 'present' when need be...It's such a rush when those guys then start to initiate contact themselves with you, since it's not their priority to seek out others usually. They also tend to value your company a lot more once you 'pass the test' :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What do you count? The functions?
Which type did you use as reference?
Cause INTP vs INTP can only be 0% or 100% whichever thing you're counting.
Right.
The standpoint is ESFP. The Nemesis INTJ. Between them there is three grades.

deleted
They have matches in socionics, but as far as MBTI it seems less perfected in that sense, since socionics is about relationships. So I can safely say that some Fe dominant type is my worst match. However on a realistic scale, it depends upon the person.

I would not say that INTJ and ESFP are necessarily nemeses, since a large amount of INTJ are probably ILI in socionics.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)...

Thoughts?

Back when I thought i was ENTJ, I was sort of dating an ESFP
--similar energy levels
--fun times
--i dont think she could ever get over my strangeness (N)

However, I wouldnt say it was "the worst" match ever...then again Im pretty sure im ENFJ.

Theres a theory out there that supports nearly EVERY possible match! You just pick and choose, and you can justify any match. For example:

ENTJ and ESFP
Te Se
Ni Fi
Se Te

They could be a great match cuz they share eachothers tertiaries! it could be an energizing relationship!

other examples:
ENFJ ISTP could be great cuz they share the Ni-Se axis! Or ESFJ ISTP could be better cuz they share S! Or ENFJ ISTJ could be better because they cover up each others shadow functions rather than inferiori functions!. or ESFJ ISTJ could be better because they share SJ temparement.

It literally goes on and on.

BUT, my intuitions still tell me that these are bad: INTJ ESFJ and ESFP INTP. ENTJ and ESFJ. ESTP and INFP. Actually...I recognize a pattern here...

sophiabrown

I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)... Thoughts?

ESFP/ISFJ don't have the same inner functions.
ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
ISFJ - Si Fe Ti Ne
They're mirror functions.
The example you're looking for is INTP/INFP, ENTJ/ENFJ, etc.)

Again, ESFP/ENTJ don't work in terms of having the same outer functions (aka dominant and inferior functions) whilst keeping the same inner ones.
ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
ENTJ - Te Ni Se Fe
The example you're looking for is ENTJ/ESTJ, ISTP/INTP, etc.

ESFPs and INTJs are not "complete opposites". They both use the same functions, just in reverse.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I was with an ISTJ and it wasn't my worst relationship. I don't think he "got" me though.

I don't think he really "got" anybody...

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah. Me and my mother (extremely conservative ISTJ).

*snorts loudly*

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
i'm the worst match for everyone here because i'm istj

but seriously
.....hmmm

i'd vote intj + incompetence. it's always a shit match and intj is more likely to kick your ass.

i do actually like socionics intertype interpretations, tho. the description of ESTp and ISTp in socionics is like. accurate. we just dont really "see" each other eye to eye. and INTp / ISTp is like... yeah we're kinda alike. Less conflict, but alike,

In before MBTI INTJs start going "WHAAAT??? ALIKE?? ISTJ??? ME???" anyhow

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
ESFP/ISFJ don't have the same inner functions.
ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
ISFJ - Si Fe Ti Ne
They're mirror functions.
The example you're looking for is INTP/INFP, ENTJ/ENFJ, etc.)

Again, ESFP/ENTJ don't work in terms of having the same outer functions (aka dominant and inferior functions) whilst keeping the same inner ones.
ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
ENTJ - Te Ni Se Fe
The example you're looking for is ENTJ/ESTJ, ISTP/INTP, etc.

ESFPs and INTJs are not "complete opposites". They both use the same functions, just in reverse.

is probably duality in socionics ohohohohohoho

i wanna see them in action. anyone have experience with that??? an intj friend was really into estps for some reason. i think it's the Se.

But like once you date one you'll see why in socionics it's duality. Lots to overcome, but cognition wise there's a lot to offer, same functions means there's some level of understanding if both parties ar ecomfortable iwth themselves, etc etc

NOT to say that that ENFP match wasn't fucking terrible in other ways for me, if he was less of a shitty person I'd sing praises about it.