• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Making characters fit

ygolo

My termites win
I had another corny idea. If people will humor me again.

I suggest in this thread we do one of two tihngs:

1. Make up a description of a character. She/he can be a symbol for you, a type stereotype, a proxy for someone you know, a character in one of your creative works, etc. Give him or her a name unique in the thread so others can reference him/her.
  2. Identify ways in which a character described by someone else is a misfit to what you consider reality. Suggest ways to "fix" the character to fit what you consider reality. Then assume none of the "fixes" work, and create an ideal reality to make the character fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I had another corny idea. If people will humor me again.

I suggest in this thread we do one of two tihngs:

1. Make up a description of a character. She/he can be a symbol for you, a type stereotype, a proxy for someone you know, a character in one of your creative works, etc. Give him or her a name unique in the thread so others can reference him/her.
  2. Identify ways in which a character described someone else is a misfit to what you consider reality. Suggest ways to "fix" the character to fit what you consider reality. Then assume none of the "fixes" work, and create an ideal reality to make the character fit.

Wow, that's complex! Or do I just need to sleep first?

ygolo

My termites win
Professor Pompous Forgetful

Professor Pompous Forgetful

Professor Pompous Forgetful likes to ponder whatever strikes his fancy. He often neglects his duties, appointments and responsibilities due to his enjoyment of pondering things. When communicating with others, he pontificates based on the theories he holds dear, though the relevance is not always clear to others. He listens to others, and is usually quiet, but in listening he is skeptical. He treats almost everything he hears as a "statement" to be evaluated for truth or falsehood. He requires a strong argument to accept conclusions, and strong evidence to accept a brand new premise. He is usually not emotional, but believes himself to be kind and caring. He is "full of thought" to be sure, but not always considered thoughtful, since he can sometimes be insensitive or inflammatory without intending to be.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You don't come across as pompous to me. You seem like your standard "absent-minded theorist" type. No sense in being harsh on yourself.

(Taking yourself to task under the guise of "self-deprecation" rather than accepting yourself for what you are and living accordingly is counterproductive and self-defeating. Self-deprecation is an apology; never apologize for who you are.)