• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Relation between type and favorite subject?

What is your favorite subject?

• Total voters

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I don't have a favorite subject -- I like communication/writing, I like science, I like psychology, I like cultural/religious studies, and I like other subjects that all intermingle with those subjects.

There's no real separation of subjects in my head, since all of them impact the other in terms of getting a better understanding of the Way The World Works. (Maybe that last bit is a better description of my "favorite subject" -- the Big Picture of life.)
I like quoting people instead of having to type my own response. +1

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
I voted English. But for me it's a two way tie between English and Science. History following closely behind.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Math then science. Or science then math.

How about Thermodynamics II and Control Systems Design? (favorite college classes - I think that would be both?)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What's Science?Never had such a subject. Is it Physics, Biology, Geology, Chemistry...what?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What's Science?Never had such a subject. Is it Physics, Biology, Geology, Chemistry...what?

By Science, I mean Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, etc. all in one category because I don't have that many poll options.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I couldn't decide between science and maths, so I chose science since my college major was chemistry (nearly did enough maths to count as a major as well).

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol I'm the only NF that prefers science. I made straight A's in every science class I've ever taken... I love it, what can I say?

I would've chosen science since I really love organic chemistry and molecular biology, but I loathe inorganic chemistry, physics, and pretty much all other sciences. Oh yeah, and I want to see who voted :)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
English, although I love many other subjects too.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
By Science, I mean Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, etc. all in one category because I don't have that many poll options.

Well then I'd choose Science maybe. But I also like History quite a bit. Not the Si kind of history though. I take the Ne approach. For me it's what's NOT there that I find really interesting in terms of mental exercise. Connecting the dots and admiring it for it's subjectivity and not it's objectivity alone.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love English, but just the writing portion.

I've never been into traditional lab sciences, too much attention to detail and general annoyance. I find physics really interesting though.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
There's no real separation of subjects in my head, since all of them impact the other in terms of getting a better understanding of the Way The World Works. (Maybe that last bit is a better description of my "favorite subject" -- the Big Picture of life.)

This is probably true for me too when I studying independently. When I had to learn things as part of a class I found some classes more efficient than others in figuring the world out though. I ranked Math highest in the poll, but I would probably put Chemistry and Physics just as high though. On the other hand Biology spends a good chunk of time putting things into categories instead of just theorizing, and a lot of Psychology is just common sense. So taking Science as a whole I had to rank Math higher. I also found the quality of my History classes varied greatly depending on my instructor.

Don't get me wrong though, I find all subjects interesting but some seem like you are learning more than others.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I ranked History first (for being completely awesome), followed by Math (for being completely awesome up until I took AP Calculus, and failing to be awesome by then), then English (for involving reading some awesome books, despite the essay-writing part, which was the opposite of awesome), and then Science in last place (for only being awesome outside of class).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard for me to clearly answer to your question, but this site can help you, there's many interesting data in, Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs.

I've find this:

Academic subjects preferred:

ISTJ: math, practical skills
ESTJ: math, practical skills
ISFJ: practical skills
ESFJ: ?

ISTP: math, practical skills
ESTP: history, math, practical skills
ISFP: practical skills
ESFP: history

INFJ: art, English, music
ENFJ: art, English, music
INFP: art, English, music
ENFP: art, English, music

INTJ: science
ENTJ: English, science
INTP: art, science
ENTP: art, science

The commons characteristics between the types are:

S: pratical skills

ST: math, practical skills

Se: history

NF: art, English, music

ENJ: English

NT: science

NP: art

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP: History. If languages were one ofthe choices, then I would have selected that.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Poll should have been multi-option.

NT Science (Chem + Bio, NOT Physics) and English.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me as an ENTP my favorite subjects are: Music, art, math, science, English and writing, history, and languages.

I can't choose one! They are all so great!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's hard for me to clearly answer to your question, but this site can help you, there's many interesting data in, Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs.

I've find this:

Academic subjects preferred:

ISTJ: math, practical skills
ESTJ: math, practical skills
ISFJ: practical skills
ESFJ: ?

ISTP: math, practical skills
ESTP: history, math, practical skills
ISFP: practical skills
ESFP: history

INFJ: art, English, music
ENFJ: art, English, music
INFP: art, English, music
ENFP: art, English, music

INTJ: science
ENTJ: English, science
INTP: art, science
ENTP: art, science

The commons characteristics between the types are:

S: pratical skills

ST: math, practical skills

Se: history

NF: art, English, music

ENJ: English

NT: science

NP: art

That's a really neat link, thanks.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love history, all parts of it. Although sometimes it gets me all angry, especially when studying American history.