• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robotic Brains and Energy=Happiness?

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It seems to me that everyone has natural preferences for their lives. If you really observe people you can clearly see that they do the most mundane tasks in different ways.
Since most people don't suffer from self-consciousness, it is safe to assume that we do these "simple" tasks without even thinking about what we are doing.
Unless you implode your body with drugs and alcohol or your brain does a self-destruct in anger or fear and temporaily changes the ways it thinks, I think we cannot change most of our personalities.

I have tried being rebellious, logical, and perceiving only to wind up depressed, tired, and clueless. I simply find imbalance in disobeying rules and creating massive conflict with others.
I am sure that if any INTP attemped to become an ISFJ, they would have the same type of problem. It isn't possible to change yourself.

Call it God, call it nature or nuture, but whatever the cause, our brains work in different ways and their processes are cemented thick to prevent tampering.

If there is a way, tell me, so I can get rid of my F once and for all.

Otherwise I think we are seem to follow a straight line in which we are engrossed with our ideas, thoughts, actions, and behavior. This trend line is the DNA that makes up our being.

I have recently had success with using my Extroverted Feeling dominant function. I have not only opened up and became more extroverted, but I feel a extreme energy inflation. With this energy comes happiness and vigor.

Do other types have similar experiences when they use their dominant function more often?

And does using more natural energy = or create Happiness?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Umm... you don't wanna be a thinker. Trust me. As far as I know, I'm like 100% T, and while it makes me a whole lot less sensitive than an F, it also tends to make me hard to get along with and is sometimes even hurtful to the closest of my F friends. Believe me, if I could trade some of my T for your F, I would.

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Umm... you don't wanna be a thinker. Trust me. As far as I know, I'm like 100% T, and while it makes me a whole lot less sensitive than an F, it also tends to make me hard to get along with and is sometimes even hurtful to the closest of my F friends. Believe me, if I could trade some of my T for your F, I would.

All I know is that my F holds me back in so many things. I have problems using tools and fixing stuff. If I was in a war and had to load a rifle, I don't think I could do it. I sometimes suffer from a self-consciousness that deteriotes my thinking. I'd rather be a cold thinker than a scared and shitty feeler.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe you could accept who you are (regardless of whatever type you are) completely and wholly and stop trying to be someone you're not. I think that thinking of yourself in terms of a "scared and shitty feeler" isn't helping you at all. If you keep rejecting a part of yourself that is essential to you, you'll never find happiness.

And self-consciousness isn't a disease to suffer from, it's a tool that can be used most effectively to allow yourself to be completely aware of yourself at all times. Not just in that you're aware of when you make mistakes, but you're aware, in general, of how you think and what you think and what you do that produces results that satisfy yourself and others.

Usehername

On a mission

I'm a T. And very good at F skills. I just approach them differently. Plus, someone just posted somewhere that Ts apparently have higher levels of emotional intelligence or mastery or something?
The balance is what we should aspire to, anyway. We all have room to grow.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have recently had success with using my Extroverted Feeling dominant function. I have not only opened up and became more extroverted, but I feel a extreme energy inflation. With this energy comes happiness and vigor.

Do other types have similar experiences when they use their dominant function more often?

And does using more natural energy = or create Happiness?

Technically, Introverted Sensing is your dominant. Extraverted Feeling is your auxiliary. But yes, that is the function you should use to relate to others. Just don't neglect your other functions completely, and you should be fine. Okay?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I think a lot of people suffer from self-consciousness. I know everyone's experienced it. Sometimes I'm afraid of my authentic self. I've created an image several times before - usually of the tough-minded, assertive, well "put-together" person - thinking that that idealized self-image would be more acceptable than my authentic feelings and responses. But it's not. The only thing that is acceptable are your authentic feelings.

Don't be afraid of your authentic self. Be who you are, and then you can say that people have loved you for you and hated you for you. But above all, you can take solace in your decisions because they were from a place that you really felt. I think that's the most freeing and satisfying way to live life, and I agree with Kyrielle. I said what she did in a different way, I think, because I believe in it.

I think it's true that you can't change your type. I don't even think people should strive to strengthen their supposedly "weak" functions, because if you can't strengthen them enough to change type, can you strengthen them at all? I think everyone has intuition, sensing, feeling and thinking inside them, and the stacking of functions proves this, and I also think that if everyone allowed themselves to be who they really are, they'd see that they have strengths they didn't even know they had, that they're really well-rounded, because everyone is a kaleidoscope on a deep level.