• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Ni do you use?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ni

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them 0
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world. 0
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives. 0
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust 0
I see things as the ultimately can be. 1
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols 0
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings. 2

3/35 -8.57%

I am truly a retard when it comes to intuition. :/

Jaguar

Same. For me, Ni runs so unhindered most of the time that it's difficult to get out of my head sometimes.

Ever wonder why anyone refers to Ne as intuition, or is it just me?
When I think of true intuition, I think Ni.
I mean let's face it, coming up with possibilities for using a pencil (Ne)
is not really intuition.

I suppose I could start a pissing match thread about it,
but that is not my intent.
My intent is a desire for accuracy.

in·tu·i·tion

a. The act or faculty of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes; immediate cognition.
b. Knowledge gained by the use of this faculty; a perceptive insight.

sculpting

sorry jag, I'd have to disagree.

Ne makes the connections that allow for this instant knowledge as well.

Often the idea presents, then the connections come a few seconds later...then I have to stop and analyze the connections to see if they are accurate.

Many times the connections are sort of dormant-I'll connect lots of threads with various levels of robustness. Then out of the blue a new piece of input will trigger a cascade and suddenly a whole new concept is born.

But I see the concept first and only after the fact sort out the connections.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them[4]
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.[4]
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.[3]
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust[2]
I see things as the ultimately can be.[4]
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols[4]
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.[5]

Jaguar

Often the idea presents, then the connections come a few seconds later...then I have to stop and analyze the connections to see if they are accurate.

Stopping to analyze connections is a conscious act.

To me, it's conscious vs. unconscious.
The creation of a possible concept is right up Ne's alley.
It's all about possibilities.

Many times the connections are sort of dormant-I'll connect lots of threads with various levels of robustness. Then out of the blue a new piece of input will trigger a cascade and suddenly a whole new concept is born.

But I see the concept first and only after the fact sort out the connections.

If you notice, you are focusing on something external. A piece of input.
That's like a cue from outside yourself. Ni come from inside the self.
I don't buy that Ne instantly "knows" in the same manner as Ni.
At the risk of sounding redundant, it's conscious (Ne) vs. unconscious (Ni)
A conscious process is easy to explain, an unconscious process is not.

Don't take any of this to mean I think one is better than the other.
To me, the functions are like tools. Each has a job in which it excels.
That aside, I still stand by my original comments.
I think Ni is what a purist would call intuition.
Shoot me, I'm a purist.

:D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ni

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them (1) Once in a while, but I rarely rely on them.

I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world. (1) Rarely. It even sounds strange.

I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives. (0) Never quite makes it, I have to use other methods.

I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust. (2) Sometimes.

I see things as they ultimately can be. (1) I'm aware that I'm pretty bad at that. :blush:

I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols. (2) Not sure what that meant, so either 1 or 2, depending.

I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings. (3) I've started to do this more often.

Total: 10/40 = 25% as the most inflated estimate.

sculpting

Stopping to analyze connections is a conscious act.

To me, it's conscious vs. unconscious.
The creation of a possible concept is right up Ne's alley.
It's all about possibilities.

If you notice, you are focusing on something external. A piece of input.
That's like a cue from outside yourself. Ni come from inside the self.
I don't buy that Ne instantly "knows" in the same manner as Ni.
At the risk of sounding redundant, it's conscious (Ne) vs. unconscious (Ni)
A conscious process is easy to explain, an unconscious process is not.

Don't take any of this to mean I think one is better than the other.
To me, the functions are like tools. Each has a job in which it excels.
That aside, I still stand by my original comments.
I think Ni is what a purist would call intuition.
Shoot me, I'm a purist.

:D

I sort of see what you are saying-the trigger for the cascade came from external-for you guys it just pops up out of nowhere.

As for Ne "knows" instantly, you'd have to start a threat and ask. Please do, it would be cool. I have been watching Ne-Fi vs Ne-Ti and it is really odd I think and worthy of more inquiries. Sometimes I connect the webs like you suggest, but sometimes the web connects itself only after the idea pops up. I think often the connections are occuring subconsciously and sort of crystallize or bubble up through the conscious.

Awhile back there was a thread about Ne problem solving. There was some agreement that often when you stop actively "thinking" and just sit quietly for a few seconds, Ne just starts letting solutions bubble forth. It's like shaking the magic eight ball-I ask the question, "flatten" my thoughts for a few seconds, and answers bubble up...."yes, that one is the right answer"

I got 40% of the Ni test but I dont trust the results as I think I just Ne'd my way through the whole thing.

wolfy

awsm
Ni

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them 5
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world. 1
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives. 5
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust 5
I see things as the ultimately can be. 1
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols 5
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings. 1

Jaguar

I sort of see what you are saying-the trigger for the cascade came from external-for you guys it just pops up out of nowhere.
Well my Ne usage isn't too shabby. 31/40.
Don't forget, MBTI is nothing but a theory. Flawed, in my opinion.
Ergo, it's bullshit to me that if one is strong in Ni,
they would be deficient in Ne.
That's just too simplistic in thinking for my taste.

But to answer you, yes, Ni can indeed pop up out of nowhere.
Many a time it has scared the shit out of me. :D

Sometimes I connect the webs like you suggest, but sometimes the web connects itself only after the idea pops up. I think often the connections are occuring subconsciously and sort of crystallize or bubble up through the conscious.

And that may very well be what's happening.
Who's to say you are not using both Ne and Ni in your creative process?
Again, this is a chief complaint of mine re: MBTI.
I think it stagnates potential.
In my line of thinking, anything is possible in function order/usage.
Unorthodoxy is a key to innovation.

Awhile back there was a thread about Ne problem solving. There was some agreement that often when you stop actively "thinking" and just sit quietly for a few seconds, Ne just starts letting solutions bubble forth. It's like shaking the magic eight ball-I ask the question, "flatten" my thoughts for a few seconds, and answers bubble up...."yes, that one is the right answer"

I got 40% of the Ni test but I dont trust the results as I think I just Ne'd my way through the whole thing.

The fact that you brought up "stop actively thinking" and "quiet" sounds like what I do with Ni.
I have said for years, it's in the silence that all answers come.
I think some have become too complacent in accepting that Ne is their cat's meow.
For all they know, their unconscious Ni rocks, but they are mistakenly giving the credit to Ne.

Anything is possible.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them

I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.

I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.

I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust

I see things as the ultimately can be.

I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols

I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.

-----------------------------------------

Total Score: 31/35

88.5%

Frank

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them-4

I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.-5

I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.-5

I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust-3

I see things as the ultimately can be.-5

I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols-3

I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.-5

30/35 86%

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
is not really intuition.

in·tu·i·tion

a. The act or faculty of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes; immediate cognition.

What are you shitting about Jaguar. Is it one of your pathetic attempts to prove tyou are an ENTJ when all you have is Si?

Ne and Ni are two parts of the same mirror. If you have such ahigh Ni score, I doubt your Ne score is low. You seem like an ENTJ wannabe to me.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
is not really intuition.

in·tu·i·tion

Does it really matter? The preference is called intuition. All the functions are introverted and extroverted versions of its preference. Renaming one function, because its name doesn't fit the dictionary description of the word, would be ridiculous.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them 3 called the gut reaction, though I do doublecheck as wishful thinking and fear reactions can be mistaken for this as well. Very usefull however when emotionally stable
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.3 mostly during self-reflection, but also in my spiritual path
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives. 5
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust 2 too impatient and not sure enough about myself for that
I see things as the ultimately can be. 3 it happens, but I won't rely on it coz I can miss stuff if busy elsewhere
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols 5
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings. 4 depends on how much attention I'm paying to them. I'ts a conscious thing with me

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them: 5
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world: 2
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives: 5
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust: 1
I see things as the ultimately can be: 3
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols: 2
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings: 4

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them 3
I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world. 3
I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives. 2
I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust 3
I see things as the ultimately can be. 3
I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols 3
I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings. 3

20/35= 57%

Jaguar

What are you shitting about Jaguar. Is it one of your pathetic attempts to prove tyou are an ENTJ when all you have is Si?

Si? No one is talking about Si here.
Go have an eye exam since you can't read.
Cut the bullshit already.

G

garbage

Hooray!

I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them
4 - Unfounded hunches rule. I've only just begun to really trust them.. I've been better off as a result.

I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.
3 - Many patterns I see seem to be linked through my thoughts and my own perception.

I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.
4 - Yes.

I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust
4 - My hunches tend to be right, and I'm usually patient about what is inevitable, but I also doubt myself from time to time.

I see things as the ultimately can be.
5 - I never look at things as they are, but rather the potential they have, in the long term or in other contexts.

I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols
1 - I've never understood this one. At all.

I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.
5 - There's always something underneath.. I just seek to find it.

26, or 75%

G

garbage

Whoops, sorry to have interrupted the awesome and interesting and informative and intriguing tangent this thread has taken

You guys suck

:doh: