• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Ne do you use?

Qre:us

I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events
5...I am a firm believer that no thought can (nor does) exist in isolation.

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns
5...just like with my Ti, it sounds, with the hole-picking it affords.

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.
5...I so very need tidbits/scraps from outside, otherwise, I feel like I'm at the edge of a cliff...infinitely waiting.

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships
5..aka, improvisation.

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways
5...my funnest past-time. And, one that is pretty effortless for me. I call it Ne-ing out.

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.
4...I AIM to generate usable possibilities; but sometimes, in applications, I realize, in hindsight, doesn't always work as I imagined it to. Thus, with age and experience, I've learned to be patient and consciously curb this in certain situations.

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are
5...yes, this is my natural inclination, to stave off my perpetual boredom, but, sometimes I over-estimate myself (tied to above point).

I usually find something positive to see in most situations
5...I am a true-blue optimist.

39/40 = 98%
(interesting, as all other tests, my Ti had come out higher than my Ne, these current results is a reflection, prolly cuz I am naturally more wont to using Ne than the boring old Ti...an Ne perspective makes the world, to me, more alive, curious, fun and brimming with potential)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I notice people looking like other people in ways that no one else has ever understood. I've always wondered what it was.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 5

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns - 5

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 4

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 4

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways - 3

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. - 4

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 4

I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 5

Total - 34

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 3
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns - 4
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 5
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways - 5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 3
I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 3

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 4
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. - 5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 4

Total=37

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events [5]
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns [5]
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. [5]
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships [5]
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways [5]
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.[5] Am not always good at marketing them but yes, I do generate them easily.
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are [4] Depends on the interest - for things where there is little interest, maintaining is just fine.
I usually find something positive to see in most situations [4] Yes but I am also human.

38/40=95% Not surprised, usually 100% on every test.

So far: Ne>Te>Fi>Ti

Raphael

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns - 5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 3
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 5
I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 4

...36/40. :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 5
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 3
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships ? 2
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 2
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 1.5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 2
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 3 ('most' is the key word ;))

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 4
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 3
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 3
I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 2

Total: 29

Last edited:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 0 (I see the "growth" of Present into the future, more like evolution.)

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 2

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 4(I have an external awareness of events and how they will play out in the future)

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 2
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 0
(I see possibitlites , I do not generate them)
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better but I still like them as they are (5)
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 4

It is more like I see a relationship between my brain and the future. I also see how various processes play in that future. That future might have nothing to do with the current reality.

But then I also compare that future to the current reality, so I see a bit of both.

But then again, we could argue that there is no future, the only thing that exists in the present.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have seen people gettin stuck on Ne.. tho thats like the golden rule for every drug addict, dont get stuck on one drug

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I have seen people gettin stuck on Ne.. tho thats like the golden rule for every drug addict, dont get stuck on one drug

You are right, Ne is best balanced with Se and Te. But I think Se is good enough because you kind of live in the moment with it.

To me, the future is just a continuation of the present.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 4
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change - 3
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world - 5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 5

90%

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I have failed terribly on the test, so I will define my version of Ne myself:

sees connections between the present and the future
juggle multiple ideas at once
see information becoming reality in the future
puts an abstract idea into practice
able to see reality in a multitude of perspectives
streams of information about anything just flows to your brain
experience shifts between reality and a world of information

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I use NE a LOT!!

Whoops....I'm in NT area...

*backs away*

:D

Last edited:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 4 It almost causes me physical pain NOT to point out inconsistancies in the statements of others.

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 5
(I have come to shocking revelations about past problems in the middle of completely unrelated conversations, about 6 months after its too late :doh: needless to say I kinda need some kind of external stimulation(books, conversation, ANYTHING) to get internal wheels turning)

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 4 Im always brainstorming

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 5 perhaps Ne is responsable for 90% of all concept movies "What if you took DnD... And added ROBOTS!!!!"(an exageration but very similar to an Idea I once had and talked over with a freind.... It made more sense in my head than it did in words)

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 4
The problem is APPLYING them

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 3
My P-ness is so big it gets in the way somtimes...

I usually find something positive to see in most situations 3
I like my coffee black :coffee:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne

I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 4

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 3 *math sequential order; shutters in fear. let me know if i have the wrong idea. I don't quite understand what's being asked in relation to what*

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 5 * i could see that*

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 4

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 3

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. *3*

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are *3 depends*

I usually find something positive to see in most situations 5 :yes:

30/40.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne

I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 3
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. -5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships -4
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways -3
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. -2
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are -2
I usually find something positive to see in most situations -5

28/40

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are

I usually find something positive to see in most situations

Total: 10/40
LOL. Fail.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 5 - Particularly with sporting events :D
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns - 4 - Usually
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 4 - Quite often
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 1 - Quite rarely
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways - 2 - I can, but I generally don't - generally use tried-and-tested methods first
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. - 1 - Rarely, also lack confidence to bring such things up
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 2 - Sometimes, but lean towards 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it'
I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 4 - Usually see more negative than positive in most things though

23/40

Last edited: