• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Te do you use?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion

Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations

Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

TOTAL = 36

Geez. I didn't think I was such a Te-freak, I though everybody processed information in the same way.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Moving this from the other thread.

I'll do the Te one because BlackCat is bored.

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2]
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [1]
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [2]
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [4]
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5]
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [1]
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0]
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [1]

This time, I got 16.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 4
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 3
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 3
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 4
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 3
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 3
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 4

28/40 = 70%

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 0
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 3
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 2
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 0
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 0
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 0
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 0
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 3

7/40=17%

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 2

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 3

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 2

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 3 (It... kind of depends on the problem.)

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 5

Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 2

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 0

Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 0 (No. It has to be measured against the best possible outcome, always. I set reasonable goals and make lists because that's what I've been taught. Rarely do I follow those, because mentally I've got different standards. :p)

17/40 = 42%

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
So is this an important difference between Te and Ti?

Te= The logic used to organize plans and mobilize people.
Ti= The logic used to analyze and solve problems.

I consider myself to be more proficient than the INTJ's and ENTJ's I know at pure analysis but they are better at organizing and making long-range plans.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems = 3

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people = 4

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program = 3

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 = 3

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion = 1

Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals = 2

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations = 3 (haha the curse of being a parent)

Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards = 2

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 1
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 4
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 2
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 3
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 2
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 3
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 4

23/40 - 57.5%

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

Hmm not etirly sure what you mean.

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people

4 - Whenever I do any organizing thats more or less exactly how I do it.

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program

3 - Yeah I do that quite a bit. I know how to prioritize.

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3

3 - Yep. I do that a lot.

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion

5 - Thats the only way I convince people though I'd argue thats a Ti thing as well.

1 - I can do that but I normally don't.

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations

0 - No. Creating rules and regulations is totallyagainst my nature.

3 - Yeah I do that alot especially with myself as I'm very self critical.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So is this an important difference between Te and Ti?

Te= The logic used to organize plans and mobilize people.
Ti= The logic used to analyze and solve problems.

I consider myself to be more proficient than the INTJ's and ENTJ's I know at pure analysis but they are better at organizing and making long-range plans.
I think that's a great summary. I was reading NTJs discussing it on another forum, and they came to a similar conclusion about NTJ vs NTP talents.

wolfy

awsm
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 1
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 4
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 4
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 5

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 1
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 2
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 2
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 1
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 0
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 2

12 / 40

Frank

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems -5

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people -4

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program -5

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 -5

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion-5

Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals -3

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations -3

Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards-5

35/40 88%
Ni 86%
Ne 82%
Se 53%
Si 50%
Fe 38%

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
As nice as these threads are, there are... a hell of a lot of them, and they're kind of of peripheral relevance to the temperament subforums. Might I suggest they all be shifted to MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices?

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It's interesting how Ti says, "I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation," and Te says, "I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task or manage a program."

They sound similar... but Te seems to see things in terms of tasks to be completed, where Ti just organizes categories. They prioritize differently, but I wonder if they reach similar sequences.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 5

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 5

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 5

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 5

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 5

Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 5

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 5

Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 5

That may sound over-estimated, but I do all of those, a lot, on an every day regular basis. Clockwork, as they say. My friends have....referred to me as the "walking dictionary", and occasionally, "robot".

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 1 too much effort but will do it if really need to
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 1 too much effort, try to but can't do the follow-through
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 3 same as before though I enjoy the planning
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 3 only if it's worth the effort
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 3 only if I know nothing else works on them and I wanna get started on this project/task already
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 1 I try...
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 0 Rules?? Are you crazy?
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 4 I do this unfortunately automatically and it sucks

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 2.5
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 3
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 2
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 0
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 3
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 3
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 3.5

20/40= 50%

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 0
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 0
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 1
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 2
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 3
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 0
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 2

and I thought my Fe was bad...:shock:

Qre:us

5...I'm pretty good at outlining effectively the boundaries of a given problem, so that it's a manageable size

3.5....not so much others versus me, but more about goals (in general), and tasks/efforts (in general) needed to complete. If it pushes the tasks/efforts towards the goal in concrete fashion, then, I consider that measurable, and it's expected of everyone, not just me, or them. Dunno why I read too into that 'dichotomoy' there. Sometimes, I must say, I do evaluate people based on their skills and apply different people/skills to different areas of efforts to reach overall goal with the most efficiency.

5...hell yes.

3...sometimes I get to minutae with steps, like, idiot-proof, in outlining my steps, sometimes, I go to the next step without explaining because it just seems so evident to me. It's a hit and miss depending on my perspective of how 'convoluted' the task has the potential to be, and the misses are where others would consider it convoluted but it seems clear as water, hence, skipping steps.

5...Most definitely, most efficient as well.

4.5, I can't give complete 5 because even though it's an inclination of mine to do it as stated above, sometimes, my perspectives (many) on 'what is measurable'/'are we truly measuring what we're supposed to measure'/'is this the way to most effectively measure'....etc, etc, comes in and fucks it all up.

0...NO!

4...see Te6.

30/40 = 75%