• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Te do you use?

KDude

Same rules as the "how much Fe do you use thread" 0 if never ever and 5 if it is like breathing for you.

4Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
2Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
3Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
3Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
3Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
4Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
2Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
3Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Te

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 4.5 (how do I know if it's objective?)
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 3.75
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 5 (I determine the sequences, but that doesn't mean I'm diligent enough to stick to them; also, while I do actually do this at times, I also like just working in the flow of things and letting the pieces all come together as I go, so...)
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 5 (absolutely)
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 5 (mhmm)
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 4.5 (once again, that word "objectively")
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 4.5 (yeah, I do stuff like this, but I also tell my self to chill the fuck out about it and not overdo it sometimes, so...)
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 5 (this is not all I measure my goals against, though, so...)

37.25/40 = 93.13%

I dunno, just like with other cognitive function tests I've taken, I haven't been all too happy with the descriptions used for Te.

My problem with them is that Te is by no means all I use, so to say that I do these things, it would be like saying that I do them at the exclusion of the other things I do.

But I don't.

I use the above things when I feel they are necessary, but I most certainly do use them at those times, and feel like it's very natural and easy for me to use it.

I think some of the Te mannerisms described above sometimes conflict with my Ni's ability/desire to look at things another way, my well developed Fi's more feeling-oriented approach, or just my general work ethic.

As such, if there's any one function that gets understated numerically relative to my actual ease of use, it's probably Te.

But if the test is not testing simply ease of use, but amount of usage, then I suppose the number is rather accurate.

I just think that my actual usage number is lower than my ease of usage number, as I choose not to look solely through a Te box when I don't believe or feel it's necessary.

EDIT: Additionally, I feel that the problem with functional tests is that they test for the usage of a single function as if that function is used separately from other functions.

To be more accurate, there should be a second level of functional usage tests for once a person's type has likely been determined, that will take the particular use of each tested function into account with regards to how it generally interacts with the suspected type's other functions.

I know that, for myself, what I believe to be the principal use of my Te -- to sort out what is realistic from the possibilities generated by Ni (i.e., to either shape Ni's possibilities into realizable goals, steps, plans, or to simply judge Ni's possibilities as to whether they are actually realistic trends, patterns, interpretations) -- was not even mentioned in this test.

Last edited:

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems :2
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people :1
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program :3
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3. :3
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion :5
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals :1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations :1
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards :1

IT'S OVER 16.9999999.......

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 2 (especially for other people, in casu my students)
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 0 (I jump right in with all sorts of ideas)
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 0 (I wish I could do that.)
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 0
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 2

12/40

sculpting

Te
I dunno, just like with other cognitive function tests I've taken, I haven't been all too happy with the descriptions used for Te.

My problem with them is that Te is by no means all I use, so to say that I do these things, it would be like saying that I do them at the exclusion of the other things I do.

But I don't.

I use the above things when I feel they are necessary, but I most certainly do use them at those times, and feel like it's very natural and easy for me to use it.

I think some of the Te mannerisms described above sometimes conflict with my Ni's ability/desire to look at things another way, my well developed Fi's more feeling-oriented approach, or just my general work ethic.

As such, if there's any one function that gets understated numerically relative to my actual ease of use, it's probably Te.

But if the test is not testing simply ease of use, but amount of usage, then I suppose the number is rather accurate.

I just think that my actual usage number is lower than my ease of usage number, as I choose not to look solely through a Te box when I don't believe or feel it's necessary.

EDIT: Additionally, I feel that the problem with functional tests is that they test for the usage of a single function as if that function is used separately from other functions. To be more accurate, there should be a second level of functional usage tests for once a person's type has likely been determined, that will take the particular use of each tested function into account with regards to how it generally interacts with the suspected type's other functions.

I know that, for myself, what I believe to be the principal use of my Te -- to sort out what is realistic from the possibilities generated by Ni (i.e., to either shape Ni's possibilities into realizable goals, steps, plans, or to simply judge Ni's possibilities as to whether they are actually realistic trends, patterns, interpretations) -- was not even mentioned in this test.

It strikes me that this Te description is very relevant to an ESTJ style use of Te. In the original book under each catagory it actually broke out ways to improve how you use the function-by observing the authors suggestions, you could see contamination from other functions.

Also-the need for reality-that is Se correct?

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

7/40

So this seems to indicate that other than Ne I don't use extroverted functions...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It strikes me that this Te description is very relevant to an ESTJ style use of Te.

My description or their description?

I believe you were talking about their description.

If that's the case, I would agree, and would probably add that all the descriptions are probably a little biased to their manifestation in a dominant position.

This was probably the most obvious case, though.

Orobas said:
In the original book under each catagory it actually broke out ways to improve how you use the function-by observing the authors suggestions, you could see contamination from other functions.

I would really like to see that.

What book is it from?

Orobas said:
Also-the need for reality-that is Se correct?

You know, I've played around with that idea, but I've never really seen it discussed much, nor have I discussed it with others.

The only thoughts I've seen on the matter was some stuff Tater scribbled on Jag's (?) wall, about inferior Se informing dominant Ni, and inferior Si informing dominant Ne.

I certainly am highly aware of, fluent with, and interested in real world data (economic, primarily, but in general, too), but I've always figured it to be more of a Te thing.

I'd say it's driven primarily by two highly related motivations:

1. To have my thoughts be in accord with reality.
2. To be successful at whatever it is I'm trying to accomplish.

So, I dunno, what do you think?

Te? Se? Both?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 4
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 4
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 4
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 5
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 5
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 4
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 3
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 4

33/40- I did better with my aux over my dom? hmm.....

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
I use both objectivity and subjectivity equally, so I'll go with 5.
5 Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
Yep, I plan out the number of days, hours, minutes, etc. I will spend doing something. Likewise, I plan this out for other people too, if we're talking about students. When I tutored students, I told them the amount of hours they should spend studying each day to help retain the information better.
5 Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
I love efficiency. I like to figure out ways to make things run smoother.
5 Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
If this is speaking about science problems, yes. It is necessary to show the steps in a concise and logical format. I desire instructions to be communicated to me in this way so then I know the steps to achieve a desired goal. If it's all incoherent, I have no sense of direction at all.
3 Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
This is where I fail the Te test. Yes, I use logic to an extent, but emotions end up prevailing in the end, it just busts through like a soda bottle that someone has put in a Mentos. Fe is where I convince others to work towards a goal.
5 Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
I both subjectively and objectively measure the external world.
5 Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
Yep. If the system works, use it.
5 Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards
As a teacher in training, I love rubrics. I evaluate performance against measurable standards for certain. I also evaluate performance on a subjective level too. In other words, I use both Te, Fe, and Fi in this case.

38/40= 95%.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
5 Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
I use both objectivity and subjectivity equally, so I'll go with 5.
5 Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
Yep, I plan out the number of days, hours, minutes, etc. I will spend doing something. Likewise, I plan this out for other people too, if we're talking about students. When I tutored students, I told them the amount of hours they should spend studying each day to help retain the information better.
5 Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
I love efficiency. I like to figure out ways to make things run smoother.
5 Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
If this is speaking about science problems, yes. It is necessary to show the steps in a concise and logical format. I desire instructions to be communicated to me in this way so then I know the steps to achieve a desired goal. If it's all incoherent, I have no sense of direction at all.
3 Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
This is where I fail the Te test. Yes, I use logic to an extent, but emotions end up prevailing in the end, it just busts through like a soda bottle that someone has put in a Mentos. Fe is where I convince others to work towards a goal.
5 Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
I both subjectively and objectively measure the external world.
5 Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
Yep. If the system works, use it.
5 Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards
As a teacher in training, I love rubrics. I evaluate performance against measurable standards for certain. I also evaluate performance on a subjective level too. In other words, I use both Te, Fe, and Fi in this case.

38/40= 95%.

Do you believe your T and F are rather balanced?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Oh, just saw your signature.

That would explain the strong Te in an INFJ.

You're really an INxJ... :yes:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Oh, just saw your signature.

That would explain the strong Te in an INFJ.

You're really an INxJ... :yes:

That's for certain. Even though I'm quite sensitive and warm, I also desire things to make sense and be observable. I think it has something to do with my academic background in both the sciences and the performing arts. It's the best of both worlds. I like having my heart and brain in sync with each other; they make a good team. :)

Usehername

On a mission
4 Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
3 Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
2 Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
2 Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
5 Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
4 Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
4 Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
4 Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

Total: 28/40

NAPSTABLOOK22

MBTI Type
FUCK
Enneagram
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 3/5
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 3/5
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 3.5/5
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 2.5/5
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 4/5
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 1/5
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 2/5
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 5/5

Total: 24/40 or 60%

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems (1/5)
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people (2/5)
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program (1/5)
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 (0/5)
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion (1/5)
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals (1/5)
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations (0/5)
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards (0/5)

6/40

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems (0/5)
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people (2/5)
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program (0/5)
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 (2/5)
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion (2/5)
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals (3/5)
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations (2/5)
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards (2/5)

13/40= 33%

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems

2 Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people

3 Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program

2 Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3

1 Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion

1 Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals

3 Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations

2 Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

15/40