• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How much Fe do you use?

sculpting

Okay-in case you have missed out over in rainbow fairy NF land I posted an Fi and Ti (which now includes Te ) list. I wanted this one here to see how the entps do. But anybody can take it so enjoy.

Give yourself a zero if you never do the below activity and give yourself a Five if the activity is like eating or breathing for you. (Go check out the Ti thread if you want one that feels very natural) Zeros are perfectly okay. I get mostly zeros on this particular one.

I will find Ne too, but have to type it up.

Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

I have no idea why there are two Fe 2s in the above list but I left them there.

here are the other functions:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/18832-how-much-do-you-use-se.html#post724095
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18773-nfps-how-do-you-use-fi.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18817-how-much-fe-do-you-use.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18820-how-much-te-do-you-use.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18773-nfps-how-do-you-use-fi.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18833-how-much-ne-do-you-use.html#post724098
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18834-how-much-ni-do-you-use.html#post724099
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/18835-how-much-si-do-you-use.html#post724102

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Fe 2a: I internalize cultural values and make them my own

Fe 2b: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly

4 to the first part. 2 to the second part

Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people

Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs

Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.

Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

TOTAL = 28 / 56%

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are so fun! Lol. Look and see how much I fail at Fe!

Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms [0] Never crosses my mind
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own [0] I am myself, not much of me is determined by a group at large.
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly [2] Only when I realize it's integral to act a certain way will I do it.
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people [5] Of course.
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself [3.5] And by gaining info about them.
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs [2] I do do this, but my ways of establishing and maintaining relations are just different.
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony [0] People actually do this?
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior [3] It's a mixture of this and Fi ways of reading people.
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. [4] Of course... this is assuming they matter to me and it would be good to remain in said relationship/friendship with the person.
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms [0] LMAO
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. [0] LMAOOOOO

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 -- I look for and identify group norms [mostly so I can keep normalcy at arm's length]

1 -- I internalize cultural values and make them my own

3 -- I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly

3 -- Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people

5 -- I build relationships by disclosing things about myself

2 -- In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs

1 -- I organize the external world to support group harmony

5 -- I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior

4 -- I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.

0 -- I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms

1 -- I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms [1]
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own [0]
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly [4]
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people [1]
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself [2]
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs [2]
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony [0]
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior [3]
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. [3]
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms [0]
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. [0]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Crap I beat you with 19.5 outsider.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha, is that a bad thing? I seem to score lowly on most of these things.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - 3
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own - 0
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly - 3
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people - 1
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself - 1
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs - 2
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony - 1
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior - 3
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. - 4
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms - 1
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. - 1

20/55 - 36%

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I personally don't believe in the function theories but I'll gladly contribute to this activity.

(3)

(1)

Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly
(4)

(5)

(3)

(2)

(2)

(4)

(4)

(2)

(2)

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
That would be around 10. The only thing that strongly hits me is the thing about subsuming one's self for the benefit of someone important to one's self.

In instances like that, I don't know that I use Fe so much as it uses me. I wish I could quit it.

sculpting

The best way to compare across the different tests is to make them into percentages as each test has slightly different numnbers of questions. I think I left the book at work but when I get it I will add the Ni. Ne and Si, Se questions as well.

Here are all my results done this way:

Ne: 40 out of 40 = 100% (Did we really need to ask? Roarrrrrrrrrr!!!!)
Ti: 29 out of 50 = 58%
Fi: 25 out of 45 = 55%
Fe: 16 out of 50 = 32%
Te: 13 out of 40 = 32%
Se: 2 out of 40 = 5%
Si: 2 out of 40 = 5%
Ni: 14 out of 35 = 40% (concerns this is really Ne at work. I cant help but Ne my way through the different questions)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
20.. number 7 seems kind of Fi to me.

D

Dali

1 Lately, had to do a bit of this. Life ain't easy for a Dom-Fi otherwise.

5 I'm great at this; my INTP friend tells me I'm a super-perceptive freak of sorts.

4 Shite, I do this more than I should.

1 When it comes to my younger siblings. Done in an effort to make life easier for them.

sculpting

20.. number 7 seems kind of Fi to me.

The Fi quiz over in NF Lanf has the same question but it says " i understand others emo states by who it makes me feel" I think this is the massive underlying difference between Fe and Fi. As Fi, for me at least, I physiologically mimic the emo discomfort or hapiness of others on some subtle level. It's like an emo mirror, albeit with cracks and misperceptions sometimes.

Not sure what Fe does exactly but I dont think it does that.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The Fi quiz over in NF Lanf has the same question but it says " i understand others emo states by who it makes me feel" I think this is the massive underlying difference between Fe and Fi. As Fi, for me at least, I physiologically mimic the emo discomfort or hapiness of others on some subtle level. It's like an emo mirror, albeit with cracks and misperceptions sometimes.

Not sure what Fe does exactly but I dont think it does that.

I don't even understand the concept of understanding someone else's emotions based on my own.

So I'd agree that Fe does not do that.

G

garbage

Here's a thing with explanations too

1 - I've started to pay attention to this kind of thing. Sort of. Do I necessarily internalize them purposefully? Not particularly.

Overall, I'm polite, not necessarily appropriate.

2 - My girlfriend comes from a different cultural background than my own, so this is somewhat important to me. In no other situation do I actually care, though.

0 - I'm not well-cultured. I'm about to be, though. And I'm reading up on cultural expectations in the countries I visit.

1 - I don't base my life around building relationships and networking with others, but it's important for me to have at least a few close friends and several acquaintances. Too much involvement with too many people is just unnecessary drama.

4 - Vulnerability breeds trust. If I want to get close to someone, I find common ground and eventually share my own struggles to show that I'm human, too, and to hopefully help them with theirs. I don't really protect my ego, so this comes pretty naturally to me.

2 - I'm a good advice-giver, and I can meet the needs of a select few.. but, aside from that, I'm not too "community-oriented."

1 - I leave this up to others who are better at it. I can resolve conflicts between, say, a feuding couple, but I'm not the best caretaker.

4 - I'm somewhat good at this nowadays, and it's kind of necessary to get the "full picture" in a conversation. I don't expect people to communicate in a direct manner at all times.

4 - I'll go pretty far for people I care about.

0 - Not sure what to say about this except no. I judge my behavior by my own moral compass and others' in a situational manner.

0 - No. And it pisses me off when others attempt to do this with me. Screw "fitting in."

So.. what is that? 19? 35%?

The best way to compare across the different tests is to make them into percentages as each test has slightly different numnbers of questions. I think I left the book at work but when I get it I will add the Ni. Ne and Si, Se questions as well.

Here are all my results done this way:

Ne: 40 out of 40 = 100% (Did we really need to ask? Roarrrrrrrrrr!!!!)
Ti: 29 out of 50 = 58%
Fi: 25 out of 45 = 55%
Fe: 16 out of 50 = 32%
Te: 13 out of 40 = 32%
Se: 2 out of 40 = 5%
Si: 2 out of 40 = 5%
Ni: 14 out of 35 = 40% (concerns this is really Ne at work. I cant help but Ne my way through the different questions)

Do you have other threads on these other functions? Can you link them? :cheese:

sculpting

I don't even understand the concept of understanding someone else's emotions based on my own.

So I'd agree that Fe does not do that.

It is some weird shit. But I really need to confirm that I am not isolated on this so I'll start a thread over in NF land. My Fi is all bent so I'd like some confirmation on this one.

For me-if someone is in pain and I am watching it, I feel emotional pain, emotional suffering. My chest tightens, my heart breaks a little, I hurt for lack of a better term.

If someone seems very happy, then I become happy.

If they seem to love me, then I begin to feel love for them.

Like a mirror. It also seems to amplify itself a bit. It can become cyclical and sort of trap me so I have to be aware and step outside of that emo pattern rationally.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So are you gonna make a meta-thread when you're done with all the individual functions?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If someone seems very happy, then I become happy.

If they seem to love me, then I begin to feel love for them.

Like a mirror. It also seems to amplify itself a bit. It can become cyclical and sort of trap me so I have to be aware and step outside of that emo pattern rationally.
This actually sounds more like Fe. An introverted feeler tends to keep his or her feelings separated from those of others. There isn't a mirror process for an introverted feeler, but something more like empathy where you look at how you would feel in another's position. That sense of how you would feel in their place is often separated from the rest of your feelings: it's more a detached awareness than an intimate unity.