• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How much Fe do you use?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dude whats a meta thread??? :)

A single thread containing links to all your individual function threads. One, so it's organized. Two, so people can see the function patterns as a whole.

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms 4
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own 0
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly 4
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people 2
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself 4
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs 1
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony 0
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior 3
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. 1
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms 1
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. 1

21 - 42%

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly I may or may not act accordingly but I can do it because of Fe1.
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I good at noticing though.
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony. I don't believe in sweeping things under the rug so I'm not sure how to answer this. I think it depends on what type of harmony one is looking for. The ignorance is bliss kind/ignore it kind or solve a problem so it there's a true state of harmony and peace. I guess I believe sometimes you have to go to war to have peace.
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. Hell no. But this internal tension often makes for riveting TV movie drama.
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms I'm a cultural relativist so this isn't as rigid as it sounds.
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. OR, purposely not fit in. I know the rules, so I also know how to break them.

I'm a Fe-dom and I think some of these Fe questions seem like an outsiders perspective on Fe. The bolded ones I can mostly agree with. I find these to be close to the essence of Fe as well.

I'm very aware of the impact decisions have on people.
It's hard for me to distinguish my feelings from the feelings of others.
It's important for me to feel appreciated for what I do.
I feel responsible for the feelings of others.
I feel compelled to dispel disharmony and conflict between people.
I sometimes help people whether they want it or not.
I tend to crusade for social causes so everyone is treated equally.
I am emotionally expressive and feel comfortable expressing a wide range of emotions.
ETA: I like to draw emotional expressiveness out of others.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - (2)
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own (2)
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly (3)
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people (4)
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself (3)
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs (3)
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony (1)
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior (4) - but isn't that intuition???
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. (1)
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms (0)
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. (3 - i'm good at theory, you know...)

i have learned those things in the past few years. the hard way, i might add... still not great.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly I may or may not act accordingly but I can do it because of Fe1.
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I good at noticing though.
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony. I don't believe in sweeping things under the rug so I'm not sure how to answer this. I think it depends on what type of harmony one is looking for. The ignorance is bliss kind/ignore it kind or solve a problem so it there's a true state of harmony and peace. I guess I believe sometimes you have to go to war to have peace.
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. Hell no. But this internal tension often makes for riveting TV movie drama.
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms I'm a cultural relativist so this isn't as rigid as it sounds.
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. OR, purposely not fit in. I know the rules, so I also know how to break them.

I'm a Fe-dom and I think some of these Fe questions seem like an outsiders perspective on Fe. The bolded ones I can mostly agree with. I find these to be close to the essence of Fe as well.

I'm very aware of the impact decisions have on people.
It's hard for me to distinguish my feelings from the feelings of others.
It's important for me to feel appreciated for what I do.
I feel responsible for the feelings of others.
I feel compelled to dispel disharmony and conflict between people.
I sometimes help people whether they want it or not.
I tend to crusade for social causes so everyone is treated equally.
I am emotionally expressive and feel comfortable expressing a wide range of emotions.
ETA: I like to draw emotional expressiveness out of others.

I totally identified with so much in your post!!!

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms [2]
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own [1]
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly [4]
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people [3]
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself [3]
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs [2]
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony [2]
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior [4]
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. [2]
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms [2]
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. [1]

I guess I do go out of my way to check people's emotions, especially when I'm talking to them, and I do try to avoid social mishaps. Other than that, I really don't go out of my way to please other people at all.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - 0
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own - 2
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly - 3
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people - 0 I build relationships with people but not because I think it is intrinsically important. It is my preferred method of gaining information.
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself - 3 only because I find it encourages people to disclose about themselves.
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs - 1 only if they are not in direct conflict with my own needs.
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony - 1
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior - 3 it is a combination of this and the greater pattern of their behaviour and the information I have about them.
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. - 2 my "just about" falls well short.
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. - 0 this is laughable to me.

Well I have a fair bit more Fi than Fe.

Chloe

Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms 3
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own 0
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly 3
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people 4
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself 2
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs 0
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior 2
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. 2
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms 2
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. 2

20/50

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - 2
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own - 1
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly - 3
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people - 2
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself - 4
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs - 1
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony - 0
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior - 4
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. - 3
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms - 2
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. - 3

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - 0
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own - 0
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly - 1
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people - 4
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself - 4
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs - 2
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony - 0
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior - 3
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. - 1
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms - 0
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. - 0

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Fe

2 - I look for and identify group norms

0 - I internalize cultural values and make them my own

2 - I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly

1 - Because I consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people

1 - I build relationships by disclosing things about myself

1 - In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs

0 - I organize the external world to support group harmony

2 - I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior

0 - I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.

0 - I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms

0 - I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

9/45 - 20%

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

1: 1
2: 2
2: 4
3: 4
4: 3
5: 4
6: 1
7: 4
8: 2
9: 1
10: 3

total: 29

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms = 1

Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own = 1

Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly = Have no idea how to answer this because I know what is, but I will refuse to act according to it if it clashes or infact if it's the satus quo, I hate the status quo. maybe 2?

Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people = 1

Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself = 5

Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs = 2

Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony = 0

Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior = 2

Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. = 4

Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms = 0

Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. = 1

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own 1
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly 1
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people 3
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself 2
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs 0
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior 1
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. 0
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms 2
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. 2

Fe 8 is a damn weird question. I used to do that a *lot* but in hindsight it was extremely unhealthy to act in that way because I contorted myself into tight knots trying to do that, losing myself somewhat in the process. It seems like unhealthy behaviour in general, not healthy Fe.

15/50 = 30%

hommefatal

Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

44/55 = 80%

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own 2
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly 4
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people 5
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself 5
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs 3
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior 0
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. 3
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms 0
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. 0

25/55=45%

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Fe 1: I look for and identify group norms - 2
Fe 2: I internalize cultural values and make them my own - 1
Fe 2: I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly - 2
Fe 3: Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people - 2
Fe 4: I build relationships by disclosing things about myself - 1
Fe 5: In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs - 1
Fe 6: I organize the external world to support group harmony - 2
Fe 7: I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior - 1
Fe 8: I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me. - 0
Fe 9: I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms - 1
Fe 10: I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in. - 1

14/50 = 28%