• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you use Fi?

sculpting

Alright for benchmarking, see how you guys fare on Fi... (Anybody can play, not just feelers!) This would should feel really "right".

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
F3: I am aware of universal personal values
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
F1: (5) I subjectively know what is important to me. I love being subjective.
F2: (5) Life is an endless search for it. Whatever it is.
F3: (5) Of course
F4: (3) I feel strange if I go against my values, but sometimes rationalise that the value was wrong.
F5: (1) I know what is important to me, but the bigger picture and surroundings matter more.
F6: (4) I value all living things and treat pets like humans giving them credit for having complex psychologies. I don't feel bad about killing mosquitos and stuff like my ISFP sister.
F7: (5) I assess other peoples emotional states by empathetic feel. So yes.
F8: (2) I judge ideas on relevence, integrity, logic etc. I judge whether they should be done by taking into account the personal.
F9: (3) Only do it occasionally, unlike the more assertive Fi doms. It is normally quite scary and doesn't care what superficial things get fried in the process.

Well that clears up my wondering if I'm ENTP or not :).

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me [5]
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values [5]
F3: I am aware of universal personal values [4]
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values [5]
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions [4]
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5]
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. [4]
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [4]
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [4]

I got 40 total.

Last edited:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me [4] Yes but I do stop (in everything but matters of the heart where intuition rules) and ask if it makes sense, logically.
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values [5]
F3: I am aware of universal personal values [4] Yes and I understand this as a universal understanding of what's important in people's lives. Having gone to a really international school, the idea, for example that you put 300 16-18 year olds together from 80 different countries and they'll have more similarities than differences.
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values [5]
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions [4] I'd like to think I do and I try but don't always succeed. Also, I always stop and check in with the rational side.
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5]
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.[5] Yes
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [2] No. Depends on the realm, with friends and close relationships, perhaps. Certainly not with ideas.
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [4] Yes, if I have decided that the area is a priority.

38 Wow, I really am an ENXP

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah... much easier.

3 F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me After being punished for it as a youngin', I've come to fight the process.

5 F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values Hah! Especially annoying when I'm in a business meeting, thinking about if soul mates exist.

3 F3: I am aware of universal personal values. Yes, but there is so much I still don't know. Otherwise I'd put 4 or 5.

3 F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values Broken Fi. I learned to break values to fit expectations, and became miserable for it. I'm trying to restore it.

4 F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions Yes. In the moment this is where I turn, and I spend my down time refining this through other functional means.

4 F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity There are one or two things that can make me unfairly judgmental, but over all yes.

5 F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. Oh yes. I've talked about my internal 'resonance' with others before. I know what you feel because it affects me as well.

5 F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values It can't be helped, but I do so with the understanding that I may not understand everything and there's room for error. I can accept my ability to be horribly wrong, sometimes.

3 F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship The infamous brick wall. I give it 3 because it's not easy to reach that brick wall, though.

Score = 35

Last edited:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4 -- F: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me

5 -- F: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values

2 -- F: I am aware of universal personal values ("Universal personal values" is nearly an oxymoron.)

4 -- F: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values

5 -- F: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions

3 -- F: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity

5 -- F: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.

5 -- F: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values

5 -- F: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 - Much of what is important to me has been shaped by knowledge I've taken in. I often remind myself what needs to be my priority, even if my emotions are going in a different direction. However, my priorities are set by my values, but that doesn't mean I don't find it hard to live up to my own values.

1 - I know what's important to me already. I don't do much seeking. It just is. If it changes, I simply acknowledge the change.

? - I'm not sure what this means. This seems like a contradiction to me.

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
5 - Very much so. I have massive inner turmoil when I violate my own values. Most of my internal struggle is a sort of fight between heart & head. I think it's actually raw emotion vs. refined Fi values.

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
5 - Yes, see F1.

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity

F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
5 - I put myself in other people's shoes. I consider how I'd feel.

5 - yes, haha.

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
5 - always!

Last edited:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I use Fi along with salt & pepper to season many fine dishes.

So tasty.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm basically all 5's in everything, with the underlying knowledge that I need to be a hell of a lot more objective if I want to expand my horizons.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me5
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values5
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values3 - in theory, I'd like to do this more often
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions4 - sometimes I do decide that I "have" to do something, not just what feels right to me
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity5
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.3 - I guess, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea...
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 3 - usually, but I can also put myself in other people's shoes, I'm not that closed off to objectivity ;)
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 4 - most of the time, but I don't know that I'd actually die for anything

This is the fastest way to answer. BTW, where did the scoring come in, I didn't see it in the OP?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use Fi along with salt & pepper to season many fine dishes.

So tasty.

I see you read that book too. :newwink:

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me[5]
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values[2] I already know what's important to me...
F3: I am aware of universal personal values[5] Well yeah.
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values[3] I also adhere to my good friend Te/applied logic.
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions[2] I use Te for decision making.
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5] Sure.
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. [5] I'd give it a 10 million if I could.
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [3.5]- not really ideas.
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [3] This is too broad. But I do do that.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
F1: 3 - The search for what is truly important to me is a major aspect of my life but I keep being derailed in this search by what is expected of me.

F2: 5 - Well, yes. Once I realise what is truly important to be I will have a more satisfying criteria through which to make decisions.

F3: 3 - I try to be but part of me doesn't believe this is actually possible because I don't think universal values really exist.

F4: 3 - Only if my value system isn't in direct conflict with the facts of the situation at hand.

F5: 1- No. If I knew what was most important to me decision making wouldn't be so impossible for me. I try to break down the reasons why I should do things logically in order to motivate myself.

F6: 3 - I do in theory. In practice not so much. I do kind of believe stupid people should be ground up for fertiliser.

F7: 1 - No, why in the hell would I do that?! That makes no sense. It doesn't seem applicable at all. I come up with a series of tricky questions designed to confuse people into telling me the truth and then use those to gauge emotional states. Or I present them with as many diverse theories as possible until they cave in and tell me their feelings out of annoyance.

F8: 2 - I prefer to judge ideas based on their intellectual merit. If something makes sense then I like it. I judge behaviours based on my value system.

F9: 5 - Yes. If I believe something is right then it is my duty to myself to fight for it.[/QUOTE]

... Wow... maybe I am an ENTP....

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 1
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 3
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 2
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 2
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 3
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 4
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 1
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 2
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 1.5

19.5/45 - 43%

D

Dali

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

TOTAL = 15 / 33.333%

G

garbage

Let's do this one too

3 - Not emotions per se, but values. I guess emotions kick in when something doesn't "feel right," though.

5 - I live by this, after having ignored it for so long. I must live by what I believe is important rather than allowing external influences to shape this for me.

4 - I've read a lot of religious texts. If those ain't universal personal values, I don't know what is. I seek to figure out what's worked for others and incorporate what "makes sense" into my own worldview.

4 - They definitely influence my actions. When something I do goes against my own value system, I definitely feel it.

5 - I know my life priorities, but this is also from a rational standpoint. I know what I prioritize in a career, for example, so I seek to maximize those priorities.

4 - I usually respect others' views, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. They've got theirs, I've got mine.. what's the problem? Occasionally, I'll slip up, but this has been very big for me overall.

When my own personal integrity is threatened? I'm threatened.

3 - I've been beginning to realize that it truly is empathy that I'm feeling.

4 - I do so for my own ideas and attitudes; not so much for others. As stated, though, I occasionally slip up.

3 - I usually voice out against injustices, yeah, but I default to not imposing my own will upon others. I have also learned, unfortunately, that there are many situations in which there's not much that I can actually do. It's heart-wrenching, but there it is.

I guess that's 35, or 78%.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F3: I am aware of universal personal values 3
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values 4
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions 4
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 3
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 4
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 1
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 2