• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you use Fi?

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me

F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values

F3: I am aware of universal personal values

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my
deeply held values

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity

F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.

F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

42/45, 93%

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Isn't it interesting how similar the Fi traits listed here are to traits commonly (mis)understood as NF?

Qre:us

Of most interest to me...here goes...

0...I can't understand this statement, as what's important to me must go through a rational critique such that the conclusion reached is where it's what's most important (regardless of 'me') for anyone given the situation I currently am in, if they were to be in my place.

2...I wish I did, but, I have very few things that are immovable (there are a few) but nothing that I can say with certainty are not falsifiable.

1...I don't think anything is concretely universal, esp. personal values? Or I'm not understanding. Only thing I can think of is, compassion in humans. But, I don't know if that's universal as a personal value?

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
0...this would do the opposite of maintaining my internal harmony...being that deeply invested in *one* [set of] things. I'd feel claustrophobic.

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
1...what is truly important to a given situation, or a given goal, nothing really in terms of me. The only time the 'me' variable is relevant is in terms of being a catalyst by making the 'me' happy, thus, motivated, towards said anticipated results/goals.

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
5...YES!

F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
2, in some ways, yes, because I can feel when I'm bugging, or iritating someone, or someone was touched by something I said, and it's this feeling invoked in me (e.g., Q, you're being a pest), which I know is becuase I'm mirroring what the other is giving off.

0... my values would then need to be judged as well for it to be coherent. And, then, there's a question of who will do *that* judging, and so on, thus, I don't even bother in the first place.

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
5...but, what's right is again, what is right for the situation, not what is right for me.

16/45 = 35.5% (I failed!!) :doh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values

I didnt understand half of the questions: 76%

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 3
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 4
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 3
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 3
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 5
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 3
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 1
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 2
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 5

Total=30

Raphael

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me: 5
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values: 3
F3: I am aware of universal personal values: 3
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values: 2
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions: 4
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity: 2
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions: 2
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values: 2
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship: 2

25/45 = 55.6%

Ne 36/40 = 90.0%
Fi 25/45 = 55.6%
Ti 19/50 = 38.0%
Se 9/40 = 17.5%...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me 3.5
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values 5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values 5
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values 5
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions 4
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 3
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. ? guess 0
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 1.5
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 0

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 0
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 3
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 1
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values -3
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 1
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 5
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions - 3
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 1
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 3

44%

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me 5
2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values 5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values 5
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values 5
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions 5
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 5
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 5
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 5
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 5

45!! FTW :hug:

sculpting

These were my Fi results from when I did this awhile back. Not sure of accuracy but interesting observations at least. I downgraded ,myself a bit as when I first took this I did not have zero as an option:

Fi is worthy of special consideration. It is should be my auxiliary but the results were very odd and were less than Ti.

1 F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
1 F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
1 F3: I am aware of universal personal values
4 F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
3 F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
5 F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
4 F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
1 F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
5 F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

This was odd. The first tasks should be the easiest and then grow more difficult. Yet my trended backwards.

Values? What exactly are those? I had to resort to googling “values” on the crackberry. Then I sent out an email to six folks asking how they defined the term “personal values”. I throw it around as needed, but when it came time to list mine, I didn’t really know what it meant.

As an Fi, if you don’t understand what the term values means, you may want to work on that….

However do I fight to defend them, maintain personal integrity, and crusade for what is right to maintain those values? Hell, yeah! Hmmm, this could be a problem…
The exercises in the book that allow you to develop the individual items confirmed the above scores to some extent.

F1: I had a hard time identifying things I would die for, things I passionately care about, and feeling how others are feeling or naming my own emotions. I don’t really have any.

F2: I finally determined my values: Authenticity, honesty, empathy, individualism, creativity, intelligence are the things I value in others and myself. Other things like teamwork, caring for others, and so on could be reduced to these terms. However this was not easy. Many of these seem more Ne than Fi but again I am at a loss.

My Explanation: I repress and confine my emotions. So I don’t actually “feel” emotions much of the time. I know what I “should” feel, I have “tones” of that emotion that seep up and influence me, but I do not feel “emotions” strongly enough to give me definitive information about what is important to me. Fi is more like a deeply buried arrow that orients me subconsciously. I act on the orientation without really understanding the root. I will defend it and fight for it, but do so at a distance from the emotion itself.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me 3

F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values 4

F3: I am aware of universal personal values 4

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions 5

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 5

F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 5

F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 3

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 5

39/40 xDDDD woaza i'm a fi machine lol. *hmm? interesting*

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me -1
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values -3
F3: I am aware of universal personal values -0
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values -2
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions -4
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity -4
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. -0
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values -0
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship[/QUOTE] -1

15/40

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 3 - Depends
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me using my deeply held values - 2 - My values are important, but I'm not sure about actively seeking important things using them
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 5 - Nothing like ethical imperalism :D
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 5
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 3 - Depends
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 4 - Can be misanthropic sometimes, but I generally don't judge other people openly unless I'm in a bad mood
F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 4 - More often than not
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 5
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 1 - I would like to do this more

32/45

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me -1
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values -1
F3: I am aware of universal personal values -2
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values -2
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions -4
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity -2
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. -2
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values -1
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship -2

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.

32. A ha.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

.5... I suck at that :(

3- I'm guessing Fe values don't count... or Ti ones... :unsure:

:thinking: :huh:

1... oh no! something else I'm terrible at :boohoo:

0...:( I don't really know what's truly important to me, but I know what's important to others in a lot of cases!

3 :cool: finally, something I can agree with! I value it until it goes around stepping on someone else's toes, then it needs a sharp word :thelook:

F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.

0 :shock: I assess them by reading and analyzing THEM

.5... I'm guessing that logic isn't a value you're looking for... or "plays nicely with others" :doh:

0.... I crusade to AVOID tension and rudeness in most cases :doh:

I got 8... my Fi probably sucks :sadbanana:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me -3
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values -3
F3: I am aware of universal personal values -0
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions -3
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity -2
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. -5
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values -0
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship -3

21/40

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 3.5

F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values -5

F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 5
(what kind of an idiot doesn't?)

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 4.5
(i try to)

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions -3.5
(uhm, can't always make the right decision - sometimes i just want to be stupid and have fun)

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 5
(my dog is VERY spoiled)

F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 3.5

F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 5

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 4

(i won't give up on someone because they don't have the same exact principles as me because then, i wouldn't have ANY friends, so I practice tolerance and acceptance that not everyone have my principals, but that doesn't mean they are bad people, they are just not me. if it is extremely controversial, i may make a fuss. but if making a fuss won't do anything, won't solve anything and it is not like she believes genocide is good, i can let it go)