• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Ti do you use?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I thought I had a lot of Ti (Te?) according to different online tests I've taken which is why sometimes I test as ENTP or INTP.

I also love categorizing things and making lists - but it may be a control issue and a way to deal with overactive Ne. I once DJed with my INFP friend who is a professional DJ and she was really surprised and even laughed at how I made my song lists - I literally started writing down 6-8 categories with a kind of music and sorting appropriate songs into them. I think she thought it was overly much.

My Ti/Te comes out most when I am organizing an event or workshop and when I speak publicly and especially when I am angry or doing "business". I am very unsentimental when it comes to money and negotiating deals and such i.e. "work". And I am and always have been a good organizer of events - that's more Te though.

INFPs [that I have dated] and some other people have told me that I cut people with my words and they were afraid of making me angry because of what I would say to them. It has more to do about being truthful than being mean or vindictive. But I'm not sure how much of that is Ti? I get super exact and economical with my words so that I am explicitly clear. I speak like an unsentimental XNTJ.

I also do notice when things don't make sense or fit but I live my own life in a way that doesn't make logical or common sense.

I think my Ti while strong(er than average for an ENFP) is more a survival skill I had to ramp up quick on growing up in an extremely INTX and even NF hostile household and later going to a very SJ/NT and outright hostile (to me) school. In crisis situations, I think Ti must shine for ENFPs because supposedly we're good in crisis situations and I know from experience that I am. However, under regular stress I absolutely do not make any logical sense (and I'm hella scattered). I'm not even kidding. There is a horrible, horrible team leadership excercise we did in highschool that highlights this fact very well.

A group of about 40 kids took the MBTI test and we got our 'types'. Then we did this day long leadership workshop. At one point we broke up into teams of 5-6 and had to figure out a way to make the tallest structure out of flexible straws. I made myself the de facto leader for our group and got my team to do something absolutely nonsensical to the straws. Our building couldn't even freaking STAND up. It wasn't even a STRUCTURE, it was a sad, sad lump of broken straws that I directed people to put together in that way. Everyone else kicked our ass by A LOT. Our adult supervisor even refused to be in the picture with us at the end of the excercise because she was EMBARASSED by how poorly we did. So, um, yeah, I think that was poorly developed Ti/Te?

However, if Ti is a life skill, it's a life skill that every "feeler" has to become familiar with wielding to be taken seriously in the world. Again, that's my own experience speaking.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 4 - It helps more often than not
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 1
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 0
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 5
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 3 - But often sound vague, anyway
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 4 - More often than not
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - 0
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 3 - May influence the structure of a project, for instance
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 5 - Not looking the hypocrite is important
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 0

25/50

Last edited:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've never adhered strictly to frameworks and such. But I do aim to get a perfect description of the system. Internally I don't do any of the pondering and rigid technical things, but the output often seems like I do because I have a drive to understand, and help myself and the world see things clearly.

Same here.

I find frameworks extremely useful for describing and discussing things, but I don't embrace them dogmatically.

My insistence on "getting to the bottom of things" is motivated by a desire to understand, not to "be right."

One of the strengths ENFPs have is Fi gets used for psychoanalysis. It is actually a lot more powerful than people give it credit for.

I agree.

And it seems like ENTPs do a similar thing with Ne and Ti.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. -5
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies -4
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work -5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency -5
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints -5
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation -5
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles -4
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles -4
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life -4
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints -5

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. 5
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies 5
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work 5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 5
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 5
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 4
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 4
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 4
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life 5
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 4 (if this was "try to use precise language" it would be 5)

46/50

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not an NF, but w/e

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 5
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 3
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 4
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 2
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 3
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - 4
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 3
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 3
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 5

37/50 - 74%

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not an NF, but w/e

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 5
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 5
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 5
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 5
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 5
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - ?
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 4
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 1
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 1

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. 1
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies 5
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work 5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 4
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 2
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 4
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 3
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 2
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life 2
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 3

31/50

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It looks like a fair number of NFPs end up in the sciences or other technical fields. I found the below scale in a book called "Functions of Type" (which is only 12 bucks and really interesting). I took the below and ended up with as much Ti as Fi, becuase my Fi is kind of clunky. I wondered how other NFPs look in comparison.

Give yourself a 0 if you never, ever do the item and a 5 if you do it all the time, in your sleep, like breathing. (HINT: I got all fives for the Ne test but tons of zeros on the Fe test.)

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints

I'd like to see your Te score. :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think these results are interesting. It especially seems that many enfps are testing high on Ti (except Satine). I wonder if they'd test as high on Te, their supposed tertiary fallback. I haven't seen anything that has refute Jung's assertion of the Xi YeYeYe/Xe YiYiYi function order in this test (except cascade as well). If anything, I'd say it supports that theory over the Xi YeYiYe current function theory.

I will skip over and check out your Fe test.........:)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. 5
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 5
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 5
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 5
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 5
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 5
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 5 (This does not mean that it's precise in another person's point of view)

50/50 I'm a Ti pro lol.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 3
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 3
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 5
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - 1
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 2
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 5 (I want to be consistent rather than happy or loved. But I want to be creative FIRST. Why wasn't there creative question for the Ne one?)
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 3

37/50

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
50/50. Well, there's no doubt which is my dominant function.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
5 Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
5 Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
5 Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
4 Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
5 Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
5 Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles
4 Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles
5 Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life
3 Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints

46/50= 92%

Aimee

MBTI Type
ENFP
It looks like a fair number of NFPs end up in the sciences or other technical fields. I found the below scale in a book called "Functions of Type" (which is only 12 bucks and really interesting). I took the below and ended up with as much Ti as Fi, becuase my Fi is kind of clunky. I wondered how other NFPs look in comparison.

Give yourself a 0 if you never, ever do the item and a 5 if you do it all the time, in your sleep, like breathing. (HINT: I got all fives for the Ne test but tons of zeros on the Fe test.)

2Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
3Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
0Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
0Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
3Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
3Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
0Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles
0Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles
0Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life
2Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints

I got 13

sculpting

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints

As an edit to this old post-I mistook the way I use Te for Ti. I am a total Ti FAIL :D

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

1-5
2-4
3-5
4-5
5-4
6-4
7-4
8-3
9-5
10-2
--------
41/50

While I'm not ENFP this test really fascinated me. I've noticed I'm *very* internally analytical and organized. Everything has to have a place and put away in my workspace to focus. I view my internal world very logically and compartmentalize everything. I want structure, routine.

Interestingly, I hardly use Se/Si even though it's higher on the list of ENFJ fucntions.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories 4
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies 4
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 4
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 4
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 3
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 3
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 3
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 4

39/50= 78%