• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Ti do you use?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm not saying I can even pretend to possess the same function order as INTP or ENTP but I work in IT / computer programming. I set up project plans based on a logical framework of sequenced tasks. I seek to use language in the most precise manner possible, using appropriate terminologies.

This is all Fi based? Not Ti or is it Te?

Help, you have confused me!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rely heavily on Te, so part of my problem in replying was what's Ti and what is Te feeding into Fi.

My guess, Peacebaby, is that some of that is Ti, and some of that is Te. Your attempts at communicating with clarity and precision is sort of classic Ti.

What makes you INFP, though, is that you probably learned that skill using active effort in response to the requirements of work. INTPs, they do that type of stuff to relax... like how we might play around with what emotions might be motivating someone.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. (3)
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies(2)
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work(2)
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency(4)
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints(3)
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation(3)
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles(2)
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles(2)
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life(3)
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints(2)

If I would have taken this test first I would have realized how the scoring worked on the Fi one.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't use Ti much. Maybe these sometimes:

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would like to add the language used in this test is bullshit. A person would have to be fairly educated to apply it to their thinking patterns, and a person could use lots of Ti without having that particular level of education.

In fact, the only reason the language here makes sense to me is because I've studied some basic psychology and taken a few classes in education. The words "model" and "blueprint" and "category profiles" could really throw many people off.

This test reeks of intellectual elitism, not necessarily Ti.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Yeah, I thought the wording was contrived to seem "smart".

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would like to add the language used in this test is bullshit. A person would have to be fairly educated to apply it to their thinking patterns, and a person could use lots of Ti without having that particular level of education.

If it's true that Ti users "seek precision in [their] use of words and in [their] internal models, frameworks, and blueprints" and "use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints", then... ahem, well, you can guess the rest.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. [2] In a very primitive way.
Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies [2] Only when I feel that I need it.
Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work [5] Yep.
Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency [3] It's a process over time.
Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints [0] When I speak I'm making an impression on someone, I don't usually think of the actual words I'm using, they just come out.
Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation [0] I'm usually busy figuring out the most efficient thing to do in a situation.
Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles [0] My priorities are based on how I feel in my personal life, or the most efficient thing to do in impersonal situations.
Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles [0] Again, based on the most efficient thing to do.
Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life [1] Eh not much of a priority, only when it matters to me.
Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints [0] See what I wrote on question 5.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

In fact, the only reason the language here makes sense to me is because I've studied some basic psychology and taken a few classes in education. The words "model" and "blueprint" and "category profiles" could really throw many people off.

Hmm, I've been going with a pretty straightforward/intuitive definition for each of these terms. Am I missing some part of their meaning, as I've never really studied psychology outside of MBTI? What meaning do you, marmalade.sunrise, give to these words?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. If it's helpful, sure.

Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies. Um, yeah, I guess, but what are these marvellous models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies of which you speak?

Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work YES

Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency YES, that's why I can never decide on my bloody type.

Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints NOPE can't say that I do. I use appropriate words, sure, but all this define this, and "use a different word" crap is too much.

Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation When I feel like it, sure.

Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles What the hell do you mean by category profiles? Whatever dude, yeah I can make priorities. (Whoever made this did not use precise terminology, just for the record).

Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles Um, maybe? Still don't know what these category profiles are.

Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life. Yes, among other things. But I like trying new stuff too! Too consistent is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringgggggggg.

Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints. You and your bloody precise language. When you get some precise language, I'll try it out, too! If by precise you mean so ambiguous and obscure that no one can figure it out, like this Ti 10-step program, I'll go with a yes.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What makes you INFP, though, is that you probably learned that skill using active effort in response to the requirements of work.

:yes: :nerd:

INTPs, they do that type of stuff to relax... like how we might play around with what emotions might be motivating someone.

To relax! :shocking: :worthy:

Thanks Udog for the explanation. I didn't think I was pretending to do all that through Fi! BUT, I sure don't do it to relax, it is a very energy-out process - it is work and very much so.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

You know, I felt the same way when I read the questions. The Fi questions carry a heavy subjective application, and these smack of a supposed logical purity.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Seriously, if Ti isn't allowed to be the one function that does reek of logical purity, which one is?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I felt the same way when I read the questions. The Fi questions carry a heavy subjective application, and these smack of a supposed logical purity.

It is to some extent, but that doesn't bother me. The INFPs that are pure creatures of Fi are very subjective creatures, with an internal logic that can be frustrating to others trying to make sense of.

Anyway, we'd need a Te description - I bet alot of us would relate to that much better.

EDIT: Actually, Ne Monster - hope you don't mind me stealing this from your blog! Here's the Te description - I went ahead and removed Ne-Monster's scores out.

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

Yeah, I'd score much better on that one. I already see at least two 5s.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Seriously, if Ti isn't allowed to be the one function that does reek of logical purity, which one is?

LOL, I shall grant you that then! :smile:

Looking at Te, I definitely see much more of myself there.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll do the Te one because I'm bored. Why are there 8 and not 10?

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2] Kinda sorta.
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [0] Can't say that I do...
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [4] Yeah, when I'm actually put in this position.
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [5] Yep.
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5] Yep.
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [3] Somewhat.
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0] Can't say that I do this... I'm not put in the position to do this ever.
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [2] Somewhat yes... in my head.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm, I've been going with a pretty straightforward/intuitive definition for each of these terms. Am I missing some part of their meaning, as I've never really studied psychology outside of MBTI? What meaning do you, marmalade.sunrise, give to these words?

abstract, logical concepts that don't *actually* include physical models, blueprints, or cateloguing

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll do the Te one because BlackCat is bored.

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2]
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [1]
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [2]
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [4]
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5]
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [1]
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0]
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [1]

This time, I got 16.

sculpting

I'll do the Te one because I'm bored. Why are there 8 and not 10?

I dont know, some had different numbers. Fe actually two Fe2 qestions so who knows.

I am going to put the Fe one over in the NT section cause I want to make the entps take it. You guys can go take it to though..:)

I'll do the Te one because BlackCat is bored.

You guys need kids to relieve your boredom. I have two handy. I'll drop ship and cover frieght charges if you want one. Just PM me.