• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eck, getting very annoyed.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now what I ask of you is this. Can anyone help assess me, or perhaps take me to a quiz where the answers aren't so obvious? I still cringe whenever I see questions like "I'm intuitive" or "I use logic and rational thought to solve problems" because I could easily be so unconsciously biased towards one answer because that's how I want to be or want to be perceived as, but i'm not sure what I really am.

Even then, I find it annoying to be ostracized from yet another thing just because I was labeled with treatable disorders from a doctor. Even then, isn't the MBTI assessment more or less a label? It feels like a quantifier of what cannot be quantified; however, I digress, and in a way, I just want to be specifically and accurately typed just so I can have some sense of normality and stability.

Any help would be appreciated!

I feel like your going about this the wrong way. I mean, I think that the label is important only insofar as it's useful. Which is to say that if the shorthand of INFJ or INTJ is a pretty good summary of your strengths or weaknesses at this point in time then stick with it. This should especially be the case if you're looking to the system as a method of self-help. There can be as much value in being wrong in your designation as there is in being right.

I think you should ask yourself what your ultimate goals are and how a couple of letters really fit in with that. If it is self-knowledge then these forums aren't a bad place to ask questions and reflect on your own opinions.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what ? I got some experience with that, I just want to warn you

Uh huh, and as a German you wouldn't know a god damned thing about placing blind faith in corrupt leaders, would you dear boy?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That was the thing I was talking about genius

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Germans are so weird about the whole Nazi thing. I've hung out with a couple and there's always this odd point where you've spent enough time together that you feel comfortable with one another and they find someway to make some oblique, self-depreciating reference to wwii. Like theyre doing you the favor of acknowledging some obscenely large and heinous, genocide committing elephant in the room.

But it's never even crossed your mind because your associations have stopped after european, great cars, beer, and gratuitous handshaking. However, now that the connections made the damn thing can't be unmade. It's all you can think about. You're halfway torn between asking awkward questions or even more awkwardly trying to make them feel better about the whole Nazi thing because theyre so politely down on themselves and they weren't even there probably.

Meanwhile, conversations died down completely cause it's all anyone else can think about either. The whole damn night is reduced to a circle jerk about how much progress the economies made since the wall fell, how sorry we are about the whole Bush/Merkel back massage thing, and the infamous "Well, if you really think about it Nanking was waaay worse and no one talks about that."

The tragedy of it all is that German guys are so cute. They have this 'gentleman in the street, freak in the bed'-vibe which is compelling. But I'll never know. I swore off the whole German thing now, because as God as my witness I will never go on about all the Good Things Hitler Did just to get laid. And that's that.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pardon my misinterpretation then.

P.S.,

Who is making Eck so annoyed?

G

garbage

If you haven't gotten heavy into MBTI, the cognitive processes test is likely one you haven't seen, and it might be accurate for you. Your grasp of the functions might throw that one off, though.

EblingMis

Germans are so weird about the whole Nazi thing. I've hung out with a couple and there's always this odd point where you've spent enough time together that you feel comfortable with one another and they find someway to make some oblique, self-depreciating reference to wwii. Like theyre doing you the favor of acknowledging some obscenely large and heinous, genocide committing elephant in the room.

But it's never even crossed your mind because your associations have stopped after european, great cars, beer, and gratuitous handshaking. However, now that the connections made the damn thing can't be unmade. It's all you can think about. You're halfway torn between asking awkward questions or even more awkwardly trying to make them feel better about the whole Nazi thing because theyre so politely down on themselves and they weren't even there probably.

Meanwhile, conversations died down completely cause it's all anyone else can think about either. The whole damn night is reduced to a circle jerk about how much progress the economies made since the wall fell, how sorry we are about the whole Bush/Merkel back massage thing, and the infamous "Well, if you really think about it Nanking was waaay worse and no one talks about that."

The tragedy of it all is that German guys are so cute. They have this 'gentleman in the street, freak in the bed'-vibe which is compelling. But I'll never know. I swore off the whole German thing now, because as God as my witness I will never go on about all the Good Things Hitler Did just to get laid. And that's that.

My father lived in Germany for a couple of years and he knows the language and culture very well. He's east Indian in origin and he was welcomed with open arms. Contrary to what you mentioned, most of the Germans who were in his vicinity, who heard mention of WWII got a bit touchy about the subject. That was a long time ago though, so the guy you mentioned who made some self-deprecating remarks about WWII, I would consider positive, however a bit awkward. I think it's logical for a society to move on from whatever shocks and misfortunes they experience, lest they become consumed by guilt or persecution complex, depending on the side you're talking about. Of course, that's a bit of an ideal, universal way to think, and assuming that Israel becomes less suspicious of Arabs then there's a 50/50 chance of a lot of grief, considering what's been going on around there. Hmm, I ought to research into things a bit more actually.

Also, that cognitive processes test was exactly what I was looking for, excellent!

Snow Turtle

Personally you remind me a little of me... But perhaps it's because I haven't interacted enough with ITJs.
I'd be happy to go ahead with INFJ.

sculpting

Did this have anything to do with Eck, cause I couldnt figure out why he was annoyed....

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're just getting more balanced. How you mentally function can't change. For example I'm an INFP, no doubt there. But I regularly score as INTP and INTJ, just because I'm balanced. I'd say that this means you're getting in touch with your Ti more and more as you age (especially since you started when you were 17, your Ti should be more developed by now). Or your F side is weak, making you score T.

Don't worry about it. This doesn't change your MBTI type. If you agree with INFJ you're INFJ, simple as that.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here, but I am aware of the possibility that there may be German people who don't act like the handful I've met. You're awful literal.

Hmm, I ought to research into things a bit more actually.

I would recommend that before you launch into another vapid social commentary.