• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

reflection

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
...because there is no difference between there being all a line, and no line.

because it is not lines. it is circular---in that sense, there is in effect no 'side'---sides to take (perceptions) only occur, perhaps because people are at diametrically opposite ends of the circle.

but if one walks long enough along the line, if one explores far enough,it all leads back.

brilliant. thanks, wildcat.

Edit: yes. To play is greater than not to play. Plato was right: "You learn more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of work."
Exactly.
It all leads back to the one mirror.

The mirror only reflects what is.
Where?
In the front.
There is no side.
Except the play side.
The ludus.

Thank you, elfie

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
This thread reminds me of Lee:

Justificationism

Criticalism

:happy:
I wonder if Leechen would appreciate the Disney version of the Grimm tale of The Snow White. You know. Or whatever it is in English.

The Princess, the Step mother and the Mirror.

People always look back. To reflect?
Does the mirror look back?
The mirror always looks in the front.

Where do the ends meet?
At the center?
On the other side?

Yes.. there on the other side..
Where is there?

There is nothing behind the mirror.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Wildcat! You mentioned "I think, therefore I am". I am most disappointed :nono:

I think, therefore I think. It requires the I to be there in the first place and therefore is no indication of the existence of the I past that statement.

In terms of objectivity, there can be no true objectivity only compromise and probability. Plus all things reflect upon all other things, to my mind. If everything is interconnected (as is most often, if not always, the case) then is it not subjective to look upon only one thing?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Wildcat! You mentioned "I think, therefore I am". I am most disappointed :nono:

I think, therefore I think. It requires the I to be there in the first place and therefore is no indication of the existence of the I past that statement.

In terms of objectivity, there can be no true objectivity only compromise and probability. Plus all things reflect upon all other things, to my mind. If everything is interconnected (as is most often, if not always, the case) then is it not subjective to look upon only one thing?
Is the I there in the first place?
Indeed, is it there at all?

All is one.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Elfie! You are here.

munch munch.. popcorn is best with donald duck movies.
.. or alternatively.. with hot chocolate and lots of cream
.. or waiting for Sasha.

:violin:

i'll vote for the second option. and the violins. To play albinoni's Adagio in G minor. :)

ok, i am here, and now, i must be gone. dinner calls. :hug:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
i'll vote for the second option. and the violins. To play albinoni's Adagio in G minor. :)

ok, i am here, and now, i must be gone. dinner calls. :hug:

:yes: the spirit, elfie. :)
the spirit only of albinoni

Remo Giazotto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incidentally, my Uncle Paul studied violin in the mystery city. His father taught at the Conservatoire.
Odd pieces shift hands.
Or then not.

The Saxon State Library was destroyed by the Allies during the so called Fire Night. One of the worst mass murders in history. Giazotto received the original piece (the bass thing of Albinoni) there..
Or then not.

A something that had never showed up.
Curious
Ingenuine
Remarkable
Happy Ending :)

I saw the Welles thingie in 1962.
A baroque experience. The ancient railway station of the pearl city.
Elsa Martinelli and the Moureau woman. Welles himself, a fat cigar in his mouthie.
Some things you never forget.
The Adagio for Youth.

Anyway, on the way home from the cinema house, my father said:
- That Perkins chap was a great hero.
In reality, people are afraid. There are very few people.. ever.. who stand up. -

Aye. But there are some :)

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Incidentally, my Uncle Paul studied violin in the mystery city. His father taught at the Conservatoire.
Odd pieces shift hands.
Or then not.

The Saxon State Library was destroyed by the Allies during the so called Fire Night. One of the worst mass murders in history. Giazotto received the original piece (the bass thing of Albinoni) there..
Or then not.

A something that had never showed up.
Curious
Ingenuine
Remarkable
Happy Ending :)

I saw the Welles thingie in 1962.
A baroque experience. The ancient railway station of the pearl city.
Elsa Martinelli and the Moureau woman. Welles himself, a fat cigar in his mouthie.
Some things you never forget.
The Adagio for Youth.

Anyway, on the way home from the cinema house, my father said:
- That Perkins chap was a great hero.
In reality, people are afraid. There are very few people.. ever.. who stand up. -

Aye. But there are some
:)

You tell such wonderful stories, wildcat. :)

Yes, there are some. There will always be some. This is what being an anarchist means.

:hug:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Is the I there in the first place?
Indeed, is it there at all?

All is one.
Precisely. Also if the site would have loaded earlier you'd have got the response sooner!

I was just checking you weren't supporting a certain scientist pretender to the title of philosopher.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
The subject looks upon the object.
Does the object look upon the subject?
The object reflects upon the subject.

The object does not look.
The subject does not reflect.

Is the reflection differentiated from the look?

Only if you choose a side.

the subject may look at the object, but they do not see it, nor do they see themselves reflected in the object, but instead see light.

truth can be found in the source. in this case, a source of light. all else exists only as a venue for truth to show itself, through only partially.

simply because i think does not mean i am any more real than that which cannot, that is a false power that those who can think have given themselves. anything which reflects some combination of truths (although none completely) exists. without truth (light) nothing can exist (reflect and be seen)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
ELFIE ! SASHA IS BACK !

:hug: Sasha!
You came at last!

We were so worried.
We waited while we munched popcorn and listened to some strings.
Adagio in G minor. Good old Remo. You should try that sometime :)

Old Wildcat would support a pretender to the throne?
Naughty. Very naughty.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
the subject may look at the object, but they do not see it, nor do they see themselves reflected in the object, but instead see light.

truth can be found in the source. in this case, a source of light. all else exists only as a venue for truth to show itself, through only partially.

simply because i think does not mean i am any more real than that which cannot, that is a false power that those who can think have given themselves. anything which reflects some combination of truths (although none completely) exists. without truth (light) nothing can exist (reflect and be seen)
Light blinds.
You need shadow to see.
The object is ahead of the subject.
What casts the shadow?

Things exist that cannot be seen.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I wonder if Leechen would appreciate the Disney version of the Grimm tale of The Snow White. You know. Or whatever it is in English.

The Princess, the Step mother and the Mirror.

People always look back. To reflect?
Does the mirror look back?
The mirror always looks in the front.

Where do the ends meet?
At the center?
On the other side?

Yes.. there on the other side..
Where is there?

There is nothing behind the mirror.

If two mirrors meet, they fracture into eternity. I think we can be mirrors, ourselves, facing other mirrors. We're all images to each other. We can't look behind ourselves, either, but we can look within if we are self-aware enough. Some of us can focus on the first image of another, most of us lose ourselves in the rest of whichever catches our sight, flickering to another and another unless we regain focus. Even then, it's still our interpretation of that image.

Why is it bad luck to break mirrors? We no longer have the ability (or the access) to look clearly, we have to peer even harder at the pieces. How many bother though? Who broke them or are they really broken? We just replace the mirror...even if the mirror is our own... Heeeh. :D

*hides*

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Light blinds.
You need shadow to see.
What casts the shadow?

if light is truth, then only what has a truth can exist, the most basic truth being to exist.

that is why i say... the subject may look at the object, but they do not see it, nor do they see themselves reflected in the object, but instead see the reflection of many partial truths.

light is simply a metaphor, although a fitting one... we need light in day to day life to see things, just as we need truth to understand things. truth is the light of our perception, and those who have very little perceive poorly.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Light blinds.
You need shadow to see.
What casts the shadow?

Truth deceits,
Humility to see.

Observation -
To: categorize as to understand,
Reduces our vision of the object.

A necessary evil of our shared perceptual condition?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Truth deceits,
Humility to see.

Observation -
To: categorize as to understand,
Reduces our vision of the object.

A necessary evil of our shared perceptual condition?

perhaps to categorise for initial understanding is good; since humans can rarely deal with randomness.

but the goal thereafter is to surpass the categorisation, and to view it in the light of the whole, perhaps.

Most do the first by instinct. Few try the second because by then, sadly, they are so caught in the box that they fail to see the space without the box.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
perhaps to categorise for initial understanding is good; since humans can rarely deal with randomness.

but the goal thereafter is to surpass the categorisation, and to view it in the light of the whole, perhaps.

Most do the first by instinct. Few try the second because by then, sadly, they are so caught in the box that they fail to see the space without the box.

Exactly.

Thinking "outside" of the box is improbable.

Awareness of its very existence chains us to it.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Unless you were not aware of the box in the first place.

That's how 5w8s can come about, isn't it. ;)

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Exactly.

Thinking "outside" of the box is improbable.

Awareness of its very existence chains us to it.

My sis beat me to it. :cry:

Improbable, not impossible.
Nothing's ever impossible.
Once you've got that, there's no box. :hug: