• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P's advantages?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So Chloee is talking mostly about the workplace.

I was going to say again that "thinking on your feet" is a really valuable ability. My trouble with it is hitting me hard as I'm looking for jobs now...they would value such skills.

But the NJs want to claim that skill also, so I guess NJs have the best of both worlds. :D

Unique

My opinion is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit. What means that your J is much less rigid/concrete then J of SJs. Which is simply because we percive informations differently. Plus STJs have T to protec tjem a little.

While SFJs don't have any protection. On the other hand Fe probably creates more drama then there actually is in their heads.

Agreed with this

I was going to say again that "thinking on your feet" is a really valuable ability. My trouble with it is hitting me hard as I'm looking for jobs now...they would value such skills.

But the NJs want to claim that skill also, so I guess NJs have the best of both worlds. :D

NJs and SPs do ;)

Having the 'best of both worlds' can sometimes be too much though

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I agree about the NJ part.
Since modern society favours organization and complexity. (which are our territories). But we are most likely group to come as closed minded jerks that are treating people like pawns. (generally speaking)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P's... Advantages..

Gee, that depends entirely on the situation. The career choice and the life style..

Chloe

Are you sure you're an N???

Unfortunately, yes :(

lol. maybe i'll open whining thread for every letter :D

I've read somewhere that NFs really need to feel that their work will be helping people, and that it is not all just pointless jargon and procedure, perhaps if you keep that in mind you will devote yourself more towards your cause?

Lol, I'm not that into helping people either. Psssst, don't tell NFs, they'll maybe expell me from NF club (nah, not really they are too into people! :newwink:).

well, not into helping people but def in being in touch with them. Ah.. nvm, don't want to turn this thread into personal "tell me what to do for living :D"

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I've run into this wall several times during my careers. I do great with creative or non-repetitive aspects of a job ... but repetition gets to me and wears me down, especially when it is a mundane type of task. Fortunately, I've found a career in software engineering that offers a pretty diverse set of problems to be solved ... and I can automate much of the repetition. Still, the J does come in very handy and I'm glad I cultivated some J skills in the military. They don't come naturally, but they are very helpful nonetheless. For the really mundane tasks however, I have ritalin.

Yeah, in fact, I prefer the more repetitive, mundane tasks, I thrive more on them. As long as I know what I'm doing and I can do it well and I'm getting some kind of reward, then I don't give a hoot if it's fun.

NJs and SPs do ;)

No, NJs have the advantages Cimarron mentioned (that SPs don't have).

G

garbage

Are you sure you're an N??? lol, alright, P traits have some negative qualities (lazyness is not one of them), but being Perceptive is not all that big a deal. It seems like you think that it is unfair to be handed a P instead of a J. You know, lemons---> lemonade. The more you wallow in your problem, the less it will go away, you just have to apply yourself 100%.

Seriously. The whole "lemons to lemonade" thing is supposed to be a major (N)P strength, too.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?

I don't think it has anything to do with lack of maturity. It's just a different style of thinking and we have different gifts.

"Today's world" is overrated. It's too acheivement-based. There's more to life than just setting goals and making A's. J's need P's to balance that type of mentality. I think that's important, you know, balance.

I also second the person who mentioned childcare. I think that P's probably work better with accomodating a child's natural creativity and need to explore. J's can be too rigid and overstructure their children's time. I'm not saying that they all do that, because of course they don't, but do you see where I am going with this?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We Js need the Ps to leech their free-spiritedness off of.

My opinion is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit. What means that your J is much less rigid/concrete then J of SJs. Which is simply because we percive informations differently. Plus STJs have T to protec tjem a little.

While SFJs don't have any protection. On the other hand Fe probably creates more drama then there actually is in their heads.

Yeah, it kind of sucks.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Being a P is a lot easier than it used to be. The world is changing fast, fast, fast, and we're very quick on our feet. Change management is one of those business buzzwords, but there is truth in it too. We're good at moving in new directions, multitasking, adaptability, and brainstorming/creativity. It could be that the whole SJ-dominated world came and went with the post war dream!

Most of the time, you never get closure, especially at work. That's upsetting to J's. Issues get bumped by crises, and by the time you have time, the whole background has changed. We're built to iterate, and we'll be 2000 places at once, solving problems and getting stuff done before the Js have their business plans finished. Now what was that about process again? ;)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Time saving ability, tasks build up and can be completed all at once

Even mess built up is faster to clean rather than the "clean as you go" attitude that Js have in a lot of cases

Agreed, depending on the task. Laundry = lay it out as it is dry, fold it in one big session later, put it away some other time, etc. Dishes = clean it as you use it. It all depends on the task, but menial shit shouldn't be micro-managed.

Being fun and easy going is just a bonus, we can be just as productive too

Most Js are jealous of our ability to be be productive AND fun, in my own real world experiences. Some of them, not many, but some love us for it. They are usually not decisionmakers though. :doh:

However good luck convincing anyone so... J dominates P in the world... I'm not sure if thats cause there are more Js or they are just better at getting people to do things their way but thats how it is

Kind of like the US theory in building tanks (each tank will be world class in design and capability) Vs. the Russian theory of building tanks (each tank will be good enough to move well and shoot well, but be inexpensive and quick to produce). At some point in time QUANTITY (J's) will overcome QUALITY (P's) but that doesn't mean its better. ;)

It's all about being able to make things happen. I don't care how you do it, or what your type is, if you can do it when you need to then life is a peach. :happy:

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
They have the disadvantage in areas of achievement, but perhaps the advantage in the free way life is experienced in general.

Edit: What I was aiming at is that J's may have a more stressed existence. It wouldn't surprise me, but I do not know.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Edit: What I was aiming at is that J's may have a more stressed existence. It wouldn't surprise me, but I do not know.

I think this is completly individual.

For example I am quite strong J but I am the most calm person around all the time in real life.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?
No advantage.
Advantage is not a P word.

How can a P survive in a J world?
By being a P.

It is not only you who is underhanded.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
In regards to the NJ thing, Amargith had to drill it in my head that NJs just make more....general plans. That's why they seem to be more adaptive. They still crumble when their plans crumble, though. :) I just make detailed plans, and they make general plans. We go about it in different ways and the world needs both of us.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In regards to the NJ thing, Amargith had to drill it in my head that NJs just make more....general plans. That's why they seem to be more adaptive. They still crumble when their plans crumble, though. :) I just make detailed plans, and they make general plans.

Define crumble :)