• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite "Help" Aspect of MBTI?

Usehername

On a mission
I think the biggest thing MBTI does for me is help me find people's core motivations and this is huge (to me). It allows me to more accurately predict their behavior.

Sure, there's no perfect system, and MBTI is not always right. But I think it's sorta like counting cards: the odds are in your favor.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you count cards, too? :D

MBTI helps me understand the people who're closest to me. I've dragged my husband to it and it's helped our relationship. Understanding and being understood are very important to me.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well it has helped me understand myself and why I tend to do certain things, what motivates me as well as my strenghts and weaknessess. I don't really like to type other people because I believe everyone else is unique (even though I noticed that a friend of my and a coworker of my talk nearly in identical ways).

ygolo

My termites win
I'm not sure.

But I found the Understand Yourself and Others series a great way of integrating various aspects of the theory in a modular way.

I find the ways of combining the stuff I learned fascinating. But I wonder if much of it is actually applicable, though.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I mostly see it as a way of solving various social problems eventually. If we can refine our understanding and use the theory to understand people's motivations, we can better predict what causes conflict. Also, it allows me explain some of the more complicated insights into behavior that I have in a way that people can understand.

ygolo: Is your name "ology" (the Greek suffix meaning "the study of") spelled backwards? I can't believe I didn't notice that till now. Can I infer that you like to study things a lot, especially given that you're an INTP?

ygolo

My termites win
I mostly see it as a way of solving various social problems eventually. If we can refine our understanding and use the theory to understand people's motivations, we can better predict what causes conflict. Also, it allows me explain some of the more complicated insights into behavior that I have in a way that people can understand.

ygolo: Is your name "ology" (the Greek suffix meaning "the study of") spelled backwards? I can't believe I didn't notice that till now. Can I infer that you like to study things a lot, especially given that you're an INTP?

Yes, it is. I thought I mentioned it earlier, when I was trying to work out my type.

I miss more obvious things all the time, no big deal really.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, it is. I thought I mentioned it earlier, when I was trying to work out my type.

I miss more obvious things all the time, no big deal really.

Does it make you chuckle to know I pronounce it "Gee-golo"?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

I never noticed that. I like. I thought it was why-go-low and referenced something else.

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
If we can refine our understanding and use the theory to understand people's motivations, we can better predict what causes conflict. Also, it allows me explain some of the more complicated insights into behavior that I have in a way that people can understand.

Bingo.

It is also extremely useful in determining a person's learning style, which is very beneficial as a teacher/tutor/coach/manager, etc.