• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Types of countries' citizens

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I don't think America has a real culture. It's just an incoherent mixture of several cultures held together with a little bit of European Enlightenment-style structure and a few Protestant values thrown in. If you look in the right place, you'll find something similar to yourself.

The reason they think it's shallow, is because they're looking for ingrained patterns that are consistent which people in America haven't developed yet. We change so rapidly that we can't help but be shallow.

As for other countries...

Great Britain: ISTJ
Japan: IxFJ
China: INTJ (it wants to take over the world!)
Germany: ISTP

And I can't think of any others right off the bat...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there a country where ENTPs are disproportionately numerous?

France is a country where xNTP are not rare, maybe 10 or 12 % of the population have that type. French xNTP males are disproportionately numerous.

My guess is:

USA: xSTJ (male) xSFJ (female) Afro-Americans: ISTJ
Mexico: xSTP (male) and xSFP(females)
Brasil: ESFP
Spain: ISFP
France: ENFP (or another FP type) Brittany: TP Paris: NP Mediterranean France: EnFx
Italia: ESTP (male) ESFP (female)
Germany: ESTJ
UK: ISTJ
Japan: ISTJ

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
China: ISTJ/ENTJ mixed stereotype

I agree with this. My best friend is Chinese (and was raised there until second grade) and he tested as an ENTJ.

I was wondering what people thought Iran would type as?
and Colombia?
Haha. Ancestry there :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
USA: ESFJ
Great Britain: INTJ
Ireland: ESTP
Scotland: ISFP
Norway: ISFJ
Russia: ESTJ
China: ENTJ
Japan: ISTJ

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The quintessential ISFP nation must be Belgium :)

I'm from Belgium! I thought ESFP :D

Perceiving - sure. Just look at the "ad hoc" solutions for almost everything.
Sensing - they are bad at long-term thinking. Put Brussels in the freeze and let the next government worry about it. "I don't answer hypothetical questions and I'll only solve problems when they present themselves" - Jean-Luc Dehaene.
Feeling - not so sure about that one. I can see an ESTP "arrangeur" for Belgium too.
Extraverted - though Belgium is almost not understandable for non-Belgians (and even for Belgians), I just thought about the little Belgians letting themselves heard in international politics... Not too sure about that one, either.

Can you tell I love my country? :)

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
My general impressions, I'll go in order from most certain to less certain.

Finland : ISTJ
Russia : INFJ
Japan : ISTJ
China : ESxJ
France : ISFx
Germany : ENTJ
Australia : ESTP
Italy : ESFP
USA : ESTJ
Thailand : ESFJ

Last edited:

KDude

brazil - esfp
argentina - isfp

i heard no one really works there. sounds beautiful :cool:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's cold, it's depressive, it's hugely technology-oriented. Most of the best programmers in the world come from Finland. Hell, Linux originates in Finland. Though this is incidental to the actual character of the place, Tolkien based much of his mythology on Finnish legend.

I also think the country has one of the higher suicide rates by population.

Our national function is Si, supported by Te. no doubt about that

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
USA- ESTJ
The Anglo-Germanic countries (England, Germany, Austria, Norway, etc.)- INTJ
France- ISFJ
Spain/Portugal- ESTP
Italy- ENTP
Chile- ISTP
Argentina- ENTJ
Brazil- ENFJ
Mexico- ESFP
China- ENTJ
Japan- INTJ
South Korea- INTP
North Korea- ISTJ
Mongolia- ISTP
Singapore- ENTJ
India- Schizophrenic ISFP

Piedpiper

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay, as a citizen of the United States I can tell you we are an ENTx culture. If you're not an ENTJ you are supposed to try and be one...It can be very wearing at times catching up with all of the over motivated "initiative taking, team leader entrepreneurs." We are a culture that loves guns, business and power, sound familiar? However, it is true that there is also a lot of EST around here too.

Having lived in Russia for a long time, I can say that Russians usually fit into the INF category. As an INFJ I really relate to and love their culture of melancholy and hidden meaning. That being said when Russian men are young they tend to act in accordance with what is expected of them - to sit around in packs at all hours of night (and day) in courtyards, drinking and having conversation. Now, any type or culture can act out in hooliganism, but it is much more likely in a culture like Russia where the family structure has all but disappeared (thanks to the fall of the Soviet Union and the rough 90's). As they mature many Russian guys tend toward INF, though, being very closed off from society with the exception of a few loyal friends and family. Russian girls, however, are another matter all together.. more complicated than I'd like to delve into now.
It's also really important to not type Russia as the Soviet Union! That fell apart a long time ago "Soviet Russia" does not exist!...

In any case, here's my typing for the different countries :

Finland : INTx
Russia : INFJ
Japan : ISTJ
China : INTJ
France : ISFx
Germany : ESTJ
Australia : ESTP
Italy : ESFP
USA : ENTJ
England : ESTJ
Ireland : ENFP