• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Types of countries' citizens

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Well, then you're in the eye of the tornado! SJs are most common everywhere, so of course you're going to run into them more than anything. Thing is, this isn't an discussion about population statistics so much as about cultural impressions.

And yes, INTPs and INFJs apparently are most prone to suicidal ideation. Which is different from suicidal behavior, granted.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Finland is definitely "introverted country" and Judging but I wouldn't say iNtuitive. And definitely thinking. So rather IxTJ. ;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Russia: ESFP
Germany: ISTJ
China: ISTJ/ENTJ mixed stereotype
Spain: ESFP/ESTJ
Ireland: INFJ
Sweden: ESTJ
Holland: ENTP/ESTJ
Israel: ISFJ
South Africa: ISTP
Australia: ESTP
Kurdistan(no real country, I know): ESFJ... Gotta say that I love the Kurdish culture.
Italy: Strangely chaotic ESTJ
Switzerland: ISFP yodelatihooooooOOOO
Norway: ESFP
Denmark: ESTP
Finland: ISTJ

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Finland is definitely "introverted country" and Judging but I wouldn't say iNtuitive. And definitely thinking. So rather IxTJ. ;)

Well the high-tech innovations gives the INT impression overall, but the culture, overall is very S, I'd think. And also agree with the I and the J, but not so sure of the T / F. Thinking back the history, where Finland's situated (climate) & atmosphere which contributes to upbringing, and the whole repression of emotions, "silent culture"... Well, ISTJ, probably right. And the (males, especially) F's are the ones killing themselves, hence the suicide rates

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well the high-tech innovations gives the INT impression overall, but the culture, overall is very S, I'd think. And also agree with the I and the J, but not so sure of the T / F. Thinking back the history, where Finland's situated (climate) & atmosphere which contributes to upbringing, and the whole repression of emotions, "silent culture"... Well, ISTJ, probably right. And the (males, especially) F's are the ones killing themselves, hence the suicide rates

Yes, this culture (finnish one) is supressed emotionally. It's very distressed culture where people are blamed for their mistakes, everybody is jealous for other persons happiness and there is no sence of community, people don't help each other and don't care for another person. It's a very cold society even if we have the public healtcare (which is in pretty poor state in some places). No wonder people kill themselves. It's too much to take for some people. I know at lease 6 people who have committed a suicide, friends, relatives and relatives of friends. Even one ex boyfriend. It's terrible. :(

I think strong T's do fine in this culture and also introverted non Feeling people. And also judging. Feeling people suffer, especially F males just like you said Tibby. Female F's are tolerated, I guess.

Personalitywise I should live in Italy or in Spain. ;)

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Yes, this culture (finnish one) is supressed emotionally. It's very distressed culture where people are blamed for their mistakes, everybody is jealous for other persons happiness and there is no sence of community, people don't help each other and don't care for another person. It's a very cold society even if we have the public healtcare (which is in pretty poor state in some places). No wonder people kill themselves. It's too much to take for some people. I know at lease 6 people who have committed a suicide, friends, relatives and relatives of friends. Even one ex boyfriend. It's terrible. :(

I think strong T's do fine in this culture and also introverted non Feeling people. And also judging. Feeling people suffer, especially F males just like you said Tibby. Female F's are tolerated, I guess.

Personalitywise I should live in Italy or in Spain. ;)

:( I'm so sorry to hear that.

I especially find it ironical how speaking up of your emotions is considered more of a weakness by some even more so than eventually killing yourself by those who end up committing suicide. Shameful, vile feeling connected to "weakness".

It's so very deeply rooted and in order to overcome would need huge structural and attitudinal changes in Finland. But like so many things... They seem to boil under the surface, denied or untouched.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, then you're in the eye of the tornado! SJs are most common everywhere, so of course you're going to run into them more than anything. Thing is, this isn't an discussion about population statistics so much as about cultural impressions.

And yes, INTPs and INFJs apparently are most prone to suicidal ideation. Which is different from suicidal behavior, granted.

I disagree. INTP's and suicidal? Hah.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're the second saying this...may I ask you why?

Never ask an Ni-dominant to tell you "why". :jew:

To us protestant/agnostic/atheist guys up north, you guys sure seem pretty traditional... Well, generally speaking about italian culture. At the same time, we think you're nuts :D Corrupt police, mafia, people drive like madmen and with the language characteristics and stuff you seem pretty hot-blooded. It's just a stupid stereotype, though. I don't pay much attention to it...

Sweden is one of those boring ESTJ countries. Sweden is very average and normal in all ways possible... Be proud that you're italian, dude. At least that's crazy ESTJ :D With one hell of a history, and strangely geared tanks.

alicia91

I'm a Swedish-Canadian living in the US.

Sweden - ISTJ (very reserved thinkers)
Canada - ISFP (this is hard)
US - ESTJ

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live in London, surrounded by a lot of Aussies and Kiwis, and they almost all strike me as raging SPs – ESTP or ESFP. It’s hard to get them too excited about things that don’t involve a lot of drinking and partying, but they get very excited about those. However, I think there’s something to be said for group mentality – they all end up seeming more alike than they probably are – and Aussies and Kiwis are hardly the only nationalities to fall victim to that in a place like London. People can get quite tribal when they are far from home and live somewhere like London.

It surprised me that a couple of you typed Denmark as ESTP without argument. I thought Danes were supposed to be very sensitive, including the men. I haven’t known that many Danes…one Danish friend I have is genuinely quite sensitive, I think, and good at making friends with women but not confident about relationships. Another one was a total flirt and I think he could easily have been an ESFP. My general impression of him was that he meant well but was thoughtless with people’s feelings.

That said, there seems to be a sort of Aussie/Kiwi/Scandinavian clique in London and a lot of them drink and party together and thereby end up in relationships together. Most Aussies and Kiwis I know here who are in relationships, it’s either with someone else from the Southern Hemisphere (also including South Africans) or with a Scandinavian.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just gonna take a guess at the overall culture. not really based on anything, just thowin' stuff out
Japan: ISJ (mostly) INJ (some)
America: ETJ (corporate), EFJ (liberals), STJ (conservatives), ESP (jocks), ESFJ or ESP (cheerleaders), STP (blue collar workers), ESP (general black culture), ENFP or INTJ (libertarians)
Spain: ENFJ or ESFP
France: FP (probably ESFP)
Italy: ENFJ
England: ENTP
Australia: ESP
Mexico: EFJ
Germany: ISFP
Greece: EFJ
Russia: INT

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I live in London, surrounded by a lot of Aussies and Kiwis, and they almost all strike me as raging SPs – ESTP or ESFP. It’s hard to get them too excited about things that don’t involve a lot of drinking and partying, but they get very excited about those. However, I think there’s something to be said for group mentality – they all end up seeming more alike than they probably are – and Aussies and Kiwis are hardly the only nationalities to fall victim to that in a place like London. People can get quite tribal when they are far from home and live somewhere like London.
I have lived in NZL and I have to agree with you. Definitely ESP.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have lived in NZL and I have to agree with you. Definitely ESP.

I'm curious as to where you are from originally (if not NZ) and whether you found it weird/difficult? Unfortunately, I've been unimpressed by the Aussies and Kiwis I've met here to the extent that I've started to feel like I'm prejudiced against those nationalities, which is bad (especially when you make assumptions about people when you've just met them) and really goes against my principles. I try to look at people as individuals rather than as a group, which definitely helps (groups of people are much easier to dislike than individuals, I find), but then some people make it hard for you to look at them as anything but a group!!

I really hope I’m not prejudiced against ESTP/ESFP, but when so many people seem to have so little interest in activities which don’t involve alcohol, and lots of it, well…

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The Netherlands: ESTJ

Wow... Netherlands? I find it quite shocking.

I'd go with 'N'. I remember a huge psychological/sociological experiment in which the people from different countries were shown paintings and based on this the 'ultimate' painting for the country was made. Long story short, the Netherlands were the only ones who ended up with an abstract painting! (and that's very 'N' ;) ).

Not the Netherlands... :cry: