• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does Extroverted Intuition look like?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
nichtlustig.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Guys, we got a visitor. This is my cousin Hubert and he is from the nerdpole" :D

080808.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"For the event of a fire, break glass" :thumbup::rofl1:

080313.jpg

G

garbage

I can't see any behavioural difference between the Ne post and the Ni post. I was led to believe that Ni was an immediate synthesis of general patterns over time leading to bizaare, sudden "insights", as opposed to a constant thread of thought feeding itself. Or maybe they're just the same thing and I'm confusing myself. >.>

It seems that the Ni post is a lot more linear than Ne one.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
It seems that the Ni post is a lot more linear than Ne one.

ya i seen that...compare any ENTP posts with those from INTJs

or compare threads from entp.org and intjforum

entp...Ne, no thread stays on topic

intj...Ni, topics just get deeper and deeper

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well.. the thing that struck me was that there were fewer 'input' places from the 'outer world' in my thought process than there were in the other. More of the other thought chain seemed to bounce off of physical things around the person whereas mine were built on previous observations I'd come to, memories, etc.

Edit: Also... mine doesn't seem to make much 'sense' without the bolded parts to clarify. The jumps were less linear and obvious.

Into It was describing his thoughts that had already happened, he likely filled the blanks to make it more clear, much like you did afterwards. Initially you were writing down your thoughts. If he were to do the same, then going from picking up a cup to killing a beetle, wouldn't make much sense without further explanation either.
Ne jumps around a lot. Ni seems to be more linear.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
this is my favorite post on this whole forum...ever...yay you! haha :smile:

Wow...and you're on the forums a lot! :blush: Thank you.
I shall try. I did something similar once (or rather, had others doing something similar) with a "Give Us An Example of a Thought Process" thread based on arbitrary words that were thrown out there... I'll try to find that thread later.

Before I begin, I have to say that all of the posts in this thread are extremely helpful. I am getting a much clearer idea of what Ne is. Y'all are awesome. Reading through the stream of consciousness post, I could see the influences from the external world... and I think mine are much, much more internally based. The thoughts only need say, one or two key things to kick off the process and then the outer world kind of fades away as I follow the thoughts from one to the next, almost completely tuned out of the 'real world' for the duration until I come up for air.

I'll type now, as I sit here watching the clock, my own thought process, so the rest of this can be ignored unless you want an insight into an INTJ mind for a minute.

Blahhh. 2:45. I have ... an hour and 45 minutes left until I can leave for the day. Am I on support today? No that was yesterday, good. I don't want to stay again. Traffic sucked yesterday. They should fix the stupid roads around here and it probably wouldn't be so bad. During the school year it will get worse. That and when the sun starts setting at rush hour time. Gawd I love summer! Those guys are hot. Its not so hot today, we should go swimming. Crap! Dog obedience class. Wonder if I can sign the kid up ha! She does need to go with me... and she'll need dinner. I'm full from lunch. Friday is going to be interesting and I STILL need to talk to him first so there isn't trouble. I can't forget to call the restaurant too with a number. How many will we be? I dont even know who all is coming yet. How do I get into these things? I shouldn't be in charge of social events and yet I still invite people to things. Maybe I shouldn't do the pool party this year... but its just starting to become a tradition and probably more will come. Hehe thats why you should cancel it! Whatever, don't be a hermit. Kiddo likes the hermit crabs from the store. We'd probably kill it. Plus we have too many animals as it is. I never thought the fish would live so long. Esp with two cats. I really don't like the new cat. I never should have agreed to take it in. She isn't BAD really, just picks on my other cat a lot.

*Here I actually came up for air... the thought process ran itself through I guess*

Its so quiet... feels like a Monday. Plus my coworker has quit hammering on shit now at his desk. I should turn on my ipod. I wonder if Chuck will be back on in the fall. I like that show. Plus Chuck knows Kung FUUUUU! Ahahahaha! I wonder how well he'll do with it in the acting. I should get my next Kung Fu belt tests out of the way. I'm so bored with the one I'm on. So funny he didn't think I'd ever actually come in and sign up. I miss working at the car lot. I wonder what J is up to. I should text him. Did I pay the phone bill yet?

** The End **

1.Re-reading through my own post compared to yours, I notice a lot more 'gaps' that probably don't make as much sense to an outsider that yours didn't really have. This may be a big difference between Ne and Ni with the 'reality touchbacks' that Ne does compared to the leaps of the Ni world.

I'm going to re-copy my paragraphs below this with the gaps filled in a little so maybe we can better see the area where the leaps are made... I'll put them in bold.

Blahhh. 2:45. I have ... an hour and 45 minutes left until I can leave for the day. Am I on support today? No that was yesterday, good. I don't want to stay again. Traffic sucked yesterday. They should fix the stupid roads around here and it probably wouldn't be so bad. During the school year it will get worse. That and when the sun starts setting at rush hour time. (I've previously concluded that traffic is always worse when the sun setting coincides with the normal rush-hour because people like construction workers etc are all getting off work as well as the normal 9-5 ers) Gawd I love summer! Those guys are hot. (The construction workers!) Its not so hot today, we should go swimming. Crap! Dog obedience class. (Is tonight, so I can't go swimming) Wonder if I can sign the kid up ha! She does need to go with me... and she'll need dinner. I'm full from lunch. Friday is going to be interesting (I have invited some ex employees to meet up with a bunch of us at work on Friday for a kind of reunion lunch) and I STILL need to talk to him first so there isn't trouble. Him being the boss who isn't invited but thinks he is... ack! I can't forget to call the restaurant too with a number. How many will we be? I dont even know who all is coming yet. How do I get into these things? I shouldn't be in charge of social events and yet I still invite people to things. Maybe I shouldn't do the pool party this year... but its just starting to become a tradition and probably more will come. Hehe thats why you should cancel it! Whatever, don't be a hermit. Ohhh, enter the 'inner voices' LOL Kiddo likes the hermit crabs from the store. We'd probably kill it. Plus we have too many animals as it is. I never thought the fish would live so long. Esp with two cats. I really don't like the new cat. I never should have agreed to take it in. She isn't BAD really, just picks on my other cat a lot.

*Here I actually came up for air... the thought process ran itself through I guess*

Its so quiet... feels like a Monday. Plus my coworker has quit hammering on shit now at his desk. I should turn on my ipod. The iPod is named 'Chuck' I wonder if Chuck will be back on in the fall. I like that show. Plus Chuck knows Kung FUUUUU! Ahahahaha! I wonder how well he'll do with it in the acting. I should get my next Kung Fu belt tests out of the way. I'm so bored with the one I'm on. So funny he didn't think I'd ever actually come in and sign up. My instructor used to be a customer of ours at the car lot where I used to work and we would always talk about me some day joining up I miss working at the car lot. I wonder what J is up to. One of the people from the car lot I should text him. Did I pay the phone bill yet?

This post was really great. Thank you very much for taking the time to type it out. To go from "don't be a hermit" to thinking about "hermit crabs" is so automatic I can't imagine thinking about one without the other. But to go from hermit to hermit crab and then to continue on to thinking about your actual pets is a jump that I would not make. I would "come up for air" too quickly, and then get on another chain, then come up for air and get on another. It appears to me that Ne is more fast-moving, snippits being created and related, while Ni is like a slightly slower Ne, where there is time to consider each vision, and the chain has more links because you don't come up for air as often. This post.....it was a good post. :hug:

So basically, it looks like Ni and Ne are more similar than I thought before. Ni is like an Ne that keeps going...interesting!!

staytuned7

Wow!

This thread is absolutely fascinating! :D Being new to this MBTI thing (relatively new?), I've only just understood that there is a difference between Ni and Ne (or that there were even different "classifications," if you will, of N).

Anyway, everything everyone has said is incredibly clarifying. The "thought processes" responses from the ENFP and the INTJ were especially interesting. I decided to do a little analysis on my own thought process as an Ni, Fe (as opposed to the Ni, Te) and it was interesting to compare it to Ne, Fi. There really wasn't a difference between my process and Ni, Te, but there was a definite difference between me and Ne, Fi.

It matched up perfectly with what everyone has been saying about how the Ni train of thought was more linear than the Ne, but that it was similar in it's way of connecting things. I also noticed what was already noticed (haha) that Ni draws more from past experiences, what it knows, etc. while Ne drew more from the surroundings and used that to fuel their thought process.

What I found was the most interesting, however, was that, while I did go off on a few tangents, I always came back to the original strain until I had come to some sort of "conclusion" with that strain (or what I felt was adequate enough to be called a conclusion). This goes back to the "linear" observation. OH! And this went along with the tangents, too. I followed one tangent until I was satisfied with it's "conclusion" before I went back to address the original strain.

Anyway...very interesting! :yes:

And I didn't meant to address the people in this thread as "the ENFP" or "the Ne" and "the INTJ" or "the Ni." I just didn't feel like spending time finding usernames.....but I'm sure you guys don't care :rolleyes:

Edit: haha, I guess I should go further in explaining the difference between the Ne train of thought post and my personal Ni experiment. I feel like my reply was more of a "this is the Ni mind" when the title of the thread is concerned with the Ne mind. The Ne seemed to be sporadic in his (her?) tangents, while mine (and the other Ni) are more methodical, it seems. Reading the Ne's thoughts was awesome because it was SO stressful for me. Hahaha :D I wanted there to be some sort of structure and resolution to it so badly and the only thing I could find were the common themes (the beetle, the water, etc.) It was great, though, because I have a number of really good Ne friends and the insight into the mind of an Ne really explains their actions so much better.

Anyway, the Ne is definitely less structured...it reminds me a little of a tornado that touches down, does it's thing, disappears into the clouds for a little bit (the equivalent of it "coming up for air" or being sensually grounded for a second to grab a glass) and then touches down in another location. I may still be carrying some of the remnants of it's previous touchdown, but it's in a different place. Touchdown is random, as well. Ne is simply not as concerned as Ni with follow-through and things "making sense". I think this is due to Ne's train of thought is fueled by external stimuli and Ni fueled by internal past experiences, knowledge, etc.

The external world changes constantly, so the Ne's intuition adapts to that and, thus, it's thought process changes constantly. Ni gets a stimulus and intuition evaluates it according to it's past experiences, it's knowledge, etc. Because those things have already happened or are already established in the Ni's mind, the thought process is more solid.

This isn't to say that Ne isn't capable of thinking things through to resolution (or that Ni isn't capable of leaving things open-ended and fluid), but it's just that they incline to the opposite way.