• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loneliest type?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I remember my first clear perception of the lonely Extrovert syndome. It totally turned my view of the world upside down! And made the erratic behaviour of some "people-people" so much more understandable... so from personal experience I'm gonna say ESFP, just because of their apparent inability to be in a room alone with themselves without lunging for a telephone.

I have too many thoughts that swim through my head before I actually lunge for the telephone. If I do get the random thought to lunge for the telephone, I start asking myself, "Who am I calling? Do I have a valid reason to call them? Is it just to socialize? Is the problem that I'm just bored? That's something I can cure on my own without someone else. If I do call someone, that means I'm giving in to relying on someone else for entertainment. Is there anyone I even personally want to talk to?" Then I usually go back to what I'm doing. Those thoughts usually occur in a span of 5 seconds.

Though, I'm sure there are a lot of reasons an ISTJ can be lonely. :)

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Let's rule out types instead of ruling in types, shall we?

A: No ITs. They have it that they don't really need too much attention, which is linked with loneliness. THey can be alone and not notice it for quite a while.
ISTJ
INTJ
ISTP
INTP

B: TJs are hugely organizational, generally the Es are leader types who don't want to be controlled. They can spend good time alone.
ESTJ
ENTJ

C: Hate to say it, but the ESTP type can do things to fill the void.
ESTP
D: NT temperment in general is a huge obstacle in loneliness.
ENTP
E: ESJs can get lonely, but can do things like organizing, and setting things up to pass the time.
ESFJ
F: IJs can stand being alone, putting things up in their own mind.
INFJ
ISFJ

We're left with:
ISFP
INFP
ENFP
ENFJ
ESFP

It's probably one of those five.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to say INFP because loneliness is one of the inmost themes of my life.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I guess I don't really get lonely, I had to wiki 'loneliness' just so I would know all it entailed.

Regularly: INFPs
Under forced solitude: ExFPs

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have heard many complaints of deep feelings of loneliness from ENFPs - they state that they feel solitary and misunderstood even though they know that they are well liked. I know that most types experience this feeling, but I have noticed that ENFPs dwell upon it the most.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFP for sure :frown:

I remember my first clear perception of the lonely Extrovert syndome. It totally turned my view of the world upside down! And made the erratic behaviour of some "people-people" so much more understandable... so from personal experience I'm gonna say ESFP, just because of their apparent inability to be in a room alone with themselves without lunging for a telephone.

If you put each type in isolation for a week I bet ESF_s would be the loneliest over that time.

I can see where you guys are coming from with this, but i don't think that's because they're lonely as much as just cut off from the rest of the world and the people they know

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
The most popular, but also ironically the loneliest, is the ENTJ. It's lonely at the top.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:peepwall: I haven't checked the other entries, sorry, but I wanted to poke my head in and say:

There is a profound difference between being *ALONE* and being *LONELY*.

All my life, I've been surrounded by people. Most of my life, I've felt lonely.

Many people are completely alone, but that does not necessarily mean they feel lonely.

I don't know why this is...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:peepwall: I haven't checked the other entries, sorry, but I wanted to poke my head in and say:

There is a profound difference between being *ALONE* and being *LONELY*.

All my life, I've been surrounded by people. Most of my life, I've felt lonely.

Many people are completely alone, but that does not necessarily mean they feel lonely.

I don't know why this is...

I'd figure that is because everyone has different expectations in life. And depending on the expectations of someones personal relations, it could cause an individual to feel lonely or not.

If I had to guess, everyone that feels lonely, feels they are missing something in their lives that they feel should be present.