• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

typological mythbusting

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you typed Doyle as an E so don't discuss typology with me.

You typed yourself as an S at one point; it's called learning from mistakes.

and whatever little quip you made about recognizing weakness -- recognizing and confessing to people are very different processes.

Either way it's progress. I'm proud of you.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You typed yourself as an S at one point; it's called learning from mistakes.
the difference of course being that i never actually thought i was a Sensor, where you were genuinely convinced doyle was an extrovert.

granted i ought to know more about myself than you should of some famous character, so it makes sense that you might screw up, but those instances i put a little S in my type field weren't mistakes.
they were jokes/wishful thinking.

but i still don't think you really care about what actually happened. just as long as you can keep [groundlessly] peddling your theoretic creed. it's probably so you can convince yourself more than it is about convincing me.

that's enough of the personal remarks. i have a blog. if any of you have problems with me, take them up with me there, or on my profile visitor wall.
this is not the place.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ All right, I've genuinely lost track of what you're talking about.

I was referring to when you said that you originally thought you were ISTP upon first studying typology.

As for Doyle, oh well. Noticed the mistake and moved on. "You mistyped one letter of one person therefore your opinions on typology are invalid" speaks volumes for itself in terms of stupidity.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was referring to when you said that you originally thought you were ISTP upon first studying typology.
what i said was that the test typed me as ISTP. if i said it any other way, i misspoke. it wasn't because of mistakes it was because i didn't know shit. there are other ways to learn than by mistakes -- the contrast of this seems to be your motif, your creed: the thing you keep peddling -- though i guess i shouldn't expect another E__P to know that.

As for Doyle, oh well. Noticed the mistake and moved on. "You mistyped one letter of one person therefore your opinions on typology are invalid" speaks volumes for itself in terms of stupidity.
on the other hand, since explaining things rationally and efficiently doesn't work with you [i.e. defying my request to leave personal remarks out of this thread], i chose instead to go the easy route and insult you.

do you mind putting me [back] on your ignore list [if i ever was]?
i've been trying to get you to do it on your own but it hasn't worked fast enough so i'm just asking flat out.
you can do it or i can do it. i don't really care which.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's ridiculous.

yeah, it's posts like that which made me lust after mod privileges.
if i could just get them for my own threads it would be great. i could weed out the nonsense much quicker [explaining doesn't really work that well...], and wouldn't have to bother the already inundated mods.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, lighten up, Nocap. Forgive me if I doubt that one not-even-offensive personal remark at the end of an otherwise relevant to topic post really ruined your day that badly.

See, if you haven't picked up on it yet, the standard line is to make some other joke back. The reason you're not taken very seriously is that Kanye West takes jokes better than you.

I make a post calling you an "unoriginal bastard" (does that phrasing not scream "JOKE" to you?) for the coon thing and you actually bother to take a screen shot to prove it?

Look dude, I'm real sorry for cluttering your real real serious internet thread by putting one line of personal rapport at the end--I'm trying to lighten the mood, get it?

This is how that whole "social" thing works. I'm sure you'll grow into it.

Until then, THE INTERNET IS SRS BUSINESS. srsly i have a screen shot to prove it.

p.s.,

I removed you from my ignore list because I'd read some scattered posts and you'd been making progress on the whole Fe thing, or so it seemed. But, oh well, I guess it's back to the cage until you learn some manners. (Seriously, you will actually grow up and learn why this is important, and then you'll say, "Man, why didn't I listen to that random asshole on the internet?")

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Unfortunately, you cannot. They would not understand. We can use practice and drills to become better at S, but they ultimately, would not be able to understand N.

"We" being the obviously superior and almighty N's I assume. Obviously S's can't do N: no S type has ever made an accurate conclusion without having all of the data required to make a judgement. Right.

Uhm.. What the heck are you on about? Everyone uses all of the functions, regardless of what their preference is. Being a certain type doesn't even mean that you are GOOD at using a particular function, only that you turn to that particular function first. You're severely misunderstanding typology by making assumptions like this. Just because someone doesn't SEEM like they're using a particular function, you have no idea what's going on inside their head. Humans are complicated creatures, and they use multiple data processing methods in order to reach a conclusion. This includes all of the MBTI functions, and to be honest, multiple other factors that no test can measure. To assume that a certain "type" of person is incapable of using a particular method of data processing, or indeed, that anyone can survive without instincts, is the biggest logical fallacy of all time, not to mention somewhat arrogant of you.