• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Paranoia

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Is it typical of ISTJs in particular (or one of the groups we fit into) to be paranoid that people think badly of us, or is it just a personal problem I'm slowly getting over - possibly related to the fact that one of my senses (sight) is quite impaired?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say it centers around specific weak points for ISTJs atleast. I know you all "don't have weak points" :wink:, but I do find my friend gets quite paranoid when the situation goes out of his control (a problem he has dealt with too much even from my perspective). Actually, on that note I gain similar symptoms of paranoia when I find my options closing off or I'm missing crucial information that puts me at the whim of someone else.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd assume that Ne types are the most paranoid.

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
Paranoia is merely a heightened awareness of the possibilities.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Is it typical of ISTJs in particular (or one of the groups we fit into) to be paranoid that people think badly of us, or is it just a personal problem I'm slowly getting over - possibly related to the fact that one of my senses (sight) is quite impaired?

It might be a combination of both. ISTJ's do seem to have a negative imagination similar to an Ni's when under stress. Having a lack of sight, especially for a Sensor, would be unnerving. That would be rather scary even for N's.