• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Balanced Types

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of times I see people on here claiming to be "strong N" "strong P" or strong whatever. Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies? How does that make you act in relation to others of your own type or in relation to other people in general? What are the ups and downs of being balanced? I have my own ideas about this but want to hear some other opinions first.

G

garbage

Yeah, N is definitely strongest for me. I'm actively working on "improving my S," though.

Extroversion? I've got introverted traits, but then most every ENxP claims that they're a "introverted extrovert" and so I suppose that comes with the territory. It means that I'd usually rather be alone than have meaningless discussion, I introspect, and I have Ne-related hobbies that don't involve others. I'm still pretty social, though.

I respect both sides of the thinking and feeling dichotomy, and I'm typically more "feeling" than most ENTPs. I've heavily delved into that side in studying other people, being around feeling people, dating, and so on.. truly wanting to understand it. By and large, NFs are still the people that I'm closest to.

It's also worth noting that Feeling doesn't correlate with Neuroticism (it's been studied), and Thinking doesn't always equate to being a disagreeable ass. So, stop believing these things.

I've also always been a planned and organized person; it's the mindset that I needed to have in college and at work. But, as I got out, I realized how wonderful it was to be able to sit back and just adapt. I still do have a mind partially in the future, and I'm still pretty well organized, but going with the flow and relying upon being adaptable is great, too.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If by balanced you mean the ability to use both sides of the dichotomies, then yes. For example, I favor ISTJ, but when with other I people, I tend to behave more like E. My Fi is strong, but overall my T way outweighs my F. I don't know the criteria to tell how much I use N. Same with P vs J.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i sometimes get ENxP...

but im pretty sure its the result of non-situational based question. i consider myself ENTP with a fairly well developed Fe

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm borderline on all preferences. It just makes me a very balanced person.

E/I- I really do like people, but at the same time they tire me. So that makes me an I, but a very mild one. Most of the time I prefer to spend my time with people for fun. Regardless of this I'm still an I, I'm still inwardly focused etc.

S/N- My S and N is honestly totally balanced, I am theoretical and I have really no issue with being concrete either. I prefer to do both.

T/F- I am not controlled by my emotions, but they are most certainly there. I have some intense emotions, but I've learned to not make decisions based off of them (not major ones). I consider myself very logical and rational, and at the same time very emotional. Based on MBTI's terms I am still very slightly an F.

P/J- I think like a P type does but I still like to make plans. Some things are just best set in stone, while others are best left open ended. Depending on something's importance I'll make a plan, but this plan is only used if just throwing myself at the problem doesn't work. I am pretty organized, but in my own way. According to MBTI I am still slightly P.

So that makes me IXFP, and since I can actually be intuitive and I have Ne I call myself INFP. IMO MBTI just isn't that great... there are other ways of better describing your personality and how your brain functions (such as socionics).

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Don't you know that all Ss on this forum are borderline Ns?

I generally have the ability to act like an E in certain situations, much like my fellow ISTJ a few posts above.

Chloe

Balance is about using your preferences the best way, not in being 50:50 on all.

Don't you know that all Ss on this forum are borderline Ns?

how do you mean this?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of times I see people on here claiming to be "strong N" "strong P" or strong whatever. Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies? How does that make you act in relation to others of your own type or in relation to other people in general? What are the ups and downs of being balanced? I have my own ideas about this but want to hear some other opinions first.

Actually I'm borderline E/I and am not terribly imbalanced on P/J. I am very strongly NF, but I have some S development. I think that Te is my weakest function.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If we're talking about functional balance then yeah my INFP functions are balanced. Fi and Ne tends to overpower the others, but the others are totally balanced (Si, Se, Te, Ni). Ti is kinda lacking, but Fe is just downright awful within me (it's noticeable).

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Balance is about using your preferences the best way, not in being 50:50 on all.

Not really, if you just focus on your preferences you will be ignoring half of the functions. I think truly balanced would be developing all of your functions and not relying too heavily on just one or two (these people are usually the most annoying, developing other functions tempers your dominant functions).

I'm strong I and weak sfp.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm so balanced in P/J that i can't tell, if i'm INFP or INFJ :D

annoys the hell out of me

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think 'I' is my strongest, next comes N, then the other two fall somewhere later.

I do notice differences when interacting with my own type, INFJ (I have three INFJ friends). One is WAY more F-ish than I (at least externally), so I often feel much more even-keeled when I compare myself to her. I also feel less 'J' than 2 of them..much more 'floaty' than either....but when I compare myself to P people, I'm definitely a J.

I think the positive with being balanced is that you have the capacity to interact with more types in more mutually positive ways, and you also may have a bigger skill set, in terms of things you are adept at doing - might be able to fit in a wider variety of jobs, etc, and also might have more of an overall balance in your life as a whole, and keeping it together.

Negatives -- I think you can easily get caught in tug-of-wars between opposing forces. The more balanced you get, the more middle-of-the-road you may become, and less able to decide one way or another, as you might get to the point where you see all sides and become almost immobilized. You may also, ironically (it kinda goes against what I said in my previous paragraph of getting along with more people), start having issues with extremes of any sort.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
I would say I am "balanced" in the T-F domain. I still cannot decide if I am INTP or INFP. I have tested as both, and my Ti and Fi are both strong.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a beautiful sunflower from the never-ending cosmos.
I come in peace, love and harmony to save humanity from the evils of dichotomies.
I will slay the mighty dragon Haight, and his evil high priests and priestesses
I shall purge this cave of lies from all things EISNTFPJ! All shall be X!
I, the very pinnacle of human evolution, pledge myself to do this!
I am also a self-centered, sleep-deprived bastard

:D

Usehername

On a mission
iNtJ.

It means that I can navigate my interpersonals a lot better than most INTJs, both one-on-one and in group dynamics.

It also means that I am more easily misunderstood, or when I make a comment about myself that refers to my "typical INTJ" characteristics, people call bullshit, because they often don't see those characteristics until they know me well.