• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INXX......odd.....really it is.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I realize I'm an INFP with an INTJ surface. I'm neither and at the same time I'm both.

As a child I was an INFP, I was always in my own little world and didn't like to talk to people, but loved my imagination and living life free. Eventually the world demanded that I work on Thinking and Judging, around 8 or 9ish. I noticed that I had no one I could rely on other than me. I had to be able to reason clearly and organize things and be aware of my surroundings.

Basically, I never act like an INTP nor an INFJ, but always an INFP or an INTJ. INTJ seems to be more of a hardened shell here to protect the INFP inside.

Rambling on.....does this make sense to you?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se
INFP - Fi Ne Si Te

If you go by cognitive functions, then yes it does. People use all 8 functions. You can learn to be more proficient at something through practice if you're thrown in an environment that favors a particular trait.

G

garbage

You seem like a Thinker who's just finding his Feeling function.

Join the club.

But however you might explain these "contradictions" within yourself, know that you're gonna come out of it a more well-balanced and wise person. So, :hug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if your original type read is correct, INTJ interfaces with the outer world through Te, and I know mature INFPs who use a lot of Te (they've developed their Inferior)... so the Fi/Te pair can be developed in both.

That doesn't really spec which one you truly are, though... if you fit easily into either. (You just are aware of what sorts of functions you use well.)

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
You seem like a Thinker who's just finding his Feeling function.

Join the club.

But however you might explain these "contradictions" within yourself, know that you're gonna come out of it a more well-balanced and wise person. So, :hug:

I feel more like a feeller who was forced into thinking as a protective deal. I've always wanted to run free with my emotions but life prohibited it.