• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your weakest functions?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te and Se are my worst functions. I have to actively shove things into those realms or I just don't go that way... and it drains me to do it.

Issues
Se
I sometimes miss raw detail since I'm usually scanning for particular details.
I have trouble staying in the moment.
I have trouble just "going with instinct."

Te
I have trouble developing concrete plans (I tend to be strategic, not implementational).
I have trouble staying conventionally organized and on task.
I waste time looking for elegant solutions when it would be better to just "crunch through" the issue and get it done.

G

garbage

So I see you finally went with ENTP.
Does seem to make sense, and fit the function strengths better (they probably never line up in the exact order).

I've been paying more attention to Lenore Thomson's theory, and she has the other four functions as right or left brain alternatives, so that would help explain why Ni, Fi and Te would come up stronger than expected for you, and Si would be the weakest.

Yeah, I'm always up for a better fit :D I just determined that it's more likely that my functions developed.. well, as I said in the description you quoted, with Ne and Ti coming more naturally.

I'm going to have to read up on Lenore. If she's got a better way of identifying the cognitive functions, then I may have been too quick to dismiss them.

So ENTP does seem to fit better than the other stuff you've tried, and you do remind me of some of some of the other ENTP's here (I think of Eck with his teddy bear avatars!).

But just curious; why did you change your 4Marks from Sanguine-Choleric to Choleric-Sanguine? (Which is a different blending in that system).

I tend to read many descriptions and choose the one that fits best. In reevaluating my type, I reevaluated my standing on 4Marks to one that probably suits me better. It, like any other descriptor, is subject to change.

I still believe that the most accurate title that has ever fit me is "Benevolent Inventor."

I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

Easily. I just somehow make due without needing to know whether someone has changed the way they part their hair in the span of six months. It's kind of hard, but it's manageable.

:cheese:

Nah, I kid. Si could come very much in handy, as much as its overuse tends to clash with my very existence.

Cam Jansen always pissed me off, though.

(Fun fact: while writing the above I couldn't remember which test "Benevolent Inventor" came from, and I mistook Cam Jansen for Encyclopedia Brown :doh: This is where some Si would come in handy.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I tend to read many descriptions and choose the one that fits best. In reevaluating my type, I reevaluated my standing on 4Marks to one that probably suits me better. It, like any other descriptor, is subject to change.

I still believe that the most accurate title that has ever fit me is "Benevolent Inventor."

*10 bucks he reevaluates again next week to, maybe ENTJ this time :D*

*high 5* :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I such at Fe completly. Towards the test that is going around I have the weakest Fe on this forum. After that comes my Fi which is clearly stronger then Fe but still under developed.

I simply suck at feelings.

Se and Si are not too well develped but enough for my lifestyle.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am still missing something innovative like: "I suck at f.a.r.t.i.n.g."

(The) Ferocious Art (of) Realistic Typing IN General

:D

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm pretty observant, too, but six months ago is a long time ago! I'm more focused on my natural environment, though... the colors of the trees, the one point perspective when I'm looking down the street...
I'm also focused on you... how the color that you're wearing brings out the color in your eyes, the look on your face and how happy or sad you feel to me...
It is much easier for me to use Se and Fi than that defective Si of mine!!!
;)

I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm always up for a better fit :D I just determined that it's more likely that my functions developed.. well, as I said in the description you quoted, with Ne and Ti coming more naturally.

I'm going to have to read up on Lenore. If she's got a better way of identifying the cognitive functions, then I may have been too quick to dismiss them.

I assumed you had taken their test, and got the first result.
I would think that between the two of them, one would be ENTP, and the other, ESTP. But it's hard to tell from their descriptions which is which (plus, they omit 4 of the 16 blends). In any case, it is a closer match with ENTP than the other types you tried.
That also would suggest ENTP. I believe the type is called "The Inventor" in one of the systems, and it would also go along with Keirsey's name for it, "The Engineer".

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I knew I was just a floating head.

lol Same here, Lexicat.

Here's mine:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.5)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.7)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.9)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.9)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

This type: INFJ (here's my borderline status showing itself yet again)

Lead (Dominant) Process:
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process:
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Se

To become engaged in the moment, even at young ages, I often had to pretend that I was in a movie or writing a book in my head about what was going on at that moment. Only then could I attend to the details without drifting into my own daydreams. So I daydreamed about the moment to make it "real" for myself.

I did this too! I'm so glad someone else mentioned this.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol Same here, Lexicat.

Here's mine:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.5)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.7)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.9)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.9)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

This type: INFJ (here's my borderline status showing itself yet again)

Lead (Dominant) Process:
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process:
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

I did this too! I'm so glad someone else mentioned this.

interesting. i see your Ni is quite a bit stronger than your Fe. have you studied your functions in depth? is Ni really stronger than Fe for you? and, if so, how do you know you are enfj versus infj? not that i am questionning your typing, cuz i'm not at all--just curious. and want to claim you as one of US.

in studying lenore thompson recently, i read a helpful thing about differentiating people between introvert/extrovert. sometimes i have a hard time explaining to people that ask me what an introvert vs extrovert is.

she said extroverts tend to be colorful and expressive and have depth around people, but when alone they almost 'dissolve.' they are not as likely to be as colorful or interesting in one-on-one conversation as they are around people. they thrive on group vibe.

introverts, however, get lost in a crowd perhaps, but thrive in a one-on-one situation. they are MORE colorful and interesting when you get them alone.

for myself, i can be pretty fun around a group and talkative (if i know the group well enough, not if i don't), but i'm definitely at my best one-on-one.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Mine's like that:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.1)
good use

----

still have no clue what Si means :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
interesting. i see your Ni is quite a bit stronger than your Fe. have you studied your functions in depth? is Ni really stronger than Fe for you? and, if so, how do you know you are enfj versus infj? not that i am questionning your typing, cuz i'm not at all--just curious. and want to claim you as one of US.

haahha! While I would love to be claimed by the INFJs :D, I think I'm best described as an eNFJ. Something just doesn't add up with me. My dad is a solid INFJ and it's pretty obvious he is what he is. His Ni seems to lead every charge. With me it's not so distinct. I'm clearly switching Ni and Fe constantly, and which one takes the reins is something of a crap shoot sometimes. I want to say that my Fe is more in charge. I think that's an accurate statement. I complicate things by being a really introverted extrovert (if that makes any sense) - meaning I'm the loudest INFJ ever, or the quietest ENFJ.

I have a male friend who's very ENFJ, and we have a great many similarities. He's well more extroverted than me, and I can tell. It could be a gender split. It could be the way we were raised. I tend to recoil in social situations until I've figured out the lay of the land.

When I'm under pressure, and I mean severe pressure, I go almost completely silent. My dad gets louder, more verbal and more exasperated.

in studying lenore thompson recently, i read a helpful thing about differentiating people between introvert/extrovert. sometimes i have a hard time explaining to people that ask me what an introvert vs extrovert is.

she said extroverts tend to be colorful and expressive and have depth around people, but when alone they almost 'dissolve.' they are not as likely to be as colorful or interesting in one-on-one conversation as they are around people. they thrive on group vibe.

introverts, however, get lost in a crowd perhaps, but thrive in a one-on-one situation. they are MORE colorful and interesting when you get them alone.

for myself, i can be pretty fun around a group and talkative (if i know the group well enough, not if i don't), but i'm definitely at my best one-on-one.

Very interesting perspective! Again, I'm a split here. I like one-on-ones, they're not as exhausting. Being in a crowd of people all talking seems to intimidate me, at least initially.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I took the test and got this:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************************** (52.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (20)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.2)
average use

That's interesting considering I'm 99.9% sure I'm ISTJ. I'm wondering how much of my Si went down because when I read some questions, I immediately thought, "Well, I've learned that sometimes it's useful to improve on the past rather than stick to it." I think that's Si recalling a learned Ni principle. :p

One thing that comes to mind is that although Te is strongest, I may lead with it, but it might be used as a tool rather than confirming myself as an Extravert. There's the auxiliary function problem with introverts that they use their extraverted function to defend rather than expand.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I took the test and got this:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************************** (52.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (20)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.2)
average use

That's interesting considering I'm 99.9% sure I'm ISTJ. I'm wondering how much of my Si went down because when I read some questions, I immediately thought, "Well, I've learned that sometimes it's useful to improve on the past rather than stick to it." I think that's Si recalling a learned Ni principle. :p

One thing that comes to mind is that although Te is strongest, I may lead with it, but it might be used as a tool rather than confirming myself as an Extravert. There's the auxiliary function problem with introverts that they use their extraverted function to defend rather than expand.

Do you agree with your Fe score ?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Anyways, in case you guys were wondering:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********* (9.1)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.5)
good use

Maybe one of you INTJs can explain it to me... how does Ni work?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, damn, I always get a different result on this test, except Ne and Fi are always the strongest, in that order. Therefore, ENFP.

Today, I tested:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.2)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

Ne > Fi > Ni > Ti > Fe > Te > Se > Si

So apparently, I'm an S-tard today, which I think is the result of being on vacation, when my S takes a break from work, and my N really comes out to play....Inferior functions definitely calm their asses down when I'm on vacation - check it out how low my Te and Si are now. After teaching for a few days, that Te and Si will be right back up there again, I bet.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Do you agree with your Fe score ?

It's hard to discern between actual use of Fe and imitating learned Fe skills. Actual use of Fe is very low when I observe my own behavior. It takes too much effort, that's what I mean. Te takes little effort.