• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your weakest functions?

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My weakest are Te and Se, very consistently.

It plays out in my difficulty setting priorities for pragmatic reasons, and disinclination to enjoy the moment.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My Se is downright terrible (practically unused, even though it's 'supposed' to be the fourth highest for INFJs); all the others range from average to excellent (most are good). I get disoriented and lost very easily, even in places where it should be easy to find my way around (including while driving); my mind just blanks out. I actually had a LOT of trouble with this when I first started playing video games like first-person shooters; I'd spend hours wandering around trying to figure out where I'm going, and quite often end up covering the same area multiple times. And also in multi-player shooter games that I play online, even after all the countless hours I've spent playing them, I still get terribly disoriented if there's a lot going on at the same time, and my score ends up suffering quite a bit because of that.:(

Another problem is if I'm in any particular environment outside of home where there are at least a decent amount of people and I'm required to be immersed in it (like at a theme park, so that I don't constantly run into people), I get seriously mentally drained and I feel very sapped of energy after only a couple hours or so, to the point where I actually feel very physically weak, and am unable to do things I'd normally be able to do easily. (This is, of course, worsened by my introversion and high sensitivity, but at least when I'm in places where I don't have to be immersed, then I can do ok.) It sucks because this was a large contributing factor to why I was fired from my last job a couple weeks ago (working in produce at a pretty big grocery store); even though I was by FAR one of the best employees they had in that department (there were many many times where they would've been completely screwed if it wasn't for me being there and doing extra stuff to help out; I was pretty much in a team lead position, though I didn't have the title to go with it), it was just too overwhelming for me, and I got to the point where I had no energy whatsoever and I ended up sleeping for ridiculous amounts of time (like 14-18 hours, or even more) and missing my entire shift on multiple occasions. This never happened when I worked at my first full-time job, where I was brazing bike frames in a factory, and only ever had to be in a couple small areas and interact somewhat with just a few people, even though I was working up to 10 hours more per week (I'd work 45-51 hours/week in the factory.) on that job than the grocery store one. Even though I was working more hours, I'd never feel exhausted when I got home, and I always had energy to do things, but while I was working at the store, it was the exact opposite.

I really don't like this because it very much limits what kinds of jobs I'm able to healthily do, and even though I'm currently unemployed and 'should' take whatever I can get, I don't want to let the same thing happen again. There aren't hardly any jobs around here that would work well for me, so it's going to be very difficult.:(

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My worst functions are Fe and Ti... Fe being the worst.

G

garbage

Ripped from my sig, my function order is as follows:

Ne > Ti ≅ Fi > Te ≅ Ni ≫ Se > Fe ≫ Si

The first tier is basically Ne, Ti, Fi, Ni, and Te.. I've got a pretty good grasp of all of those. Second tier is Se and Fe. Third tier, sitting by its lonesome, is Si.

I think I developed Ni out of stress, and Te and Fi out of sheer necessity. It makes me better at planning and knowing my own internals than I "should" be. Psychology and empathy is a secret weapon that my customers do not know about, and they are absolutely wonderful tools in everyday life. And I can organize my random thoughts and spontaneous outbursts of ideas. It's pretty cool.

Se? Yeah, I could use more of that. Life passes me by more than it should, when it is meant to be enjoyed. I find it difficult to remember to "savor the flavor."

Fe? Kind of oppressive when used badly, but I can tolerate it. It's useful. It's good to take care of other people. I feel good when I do it, too. Just, please, don't feel hurt that it's not my dominant function, too, and we'll get along great.

But that Si.. it's my worst enemy. "It's always been done that way" is the bane of my existence. If you want to make a point to me, do not use that phrase, or I will press you for a better reason.

An example. In my ISFJ mother, Si manifests itself as pining for the past, and longing for what once was, while doing absolutely nothing to change her situation. She refuses to "get with the times" or to try anything new. Any inevitable transitions in her children's lives are met with unadulterated hostility and discomfort.

In certain institutions, it is the reason bureaucracy and idiocy continues to thrive. It was once that way, and so shall it remain, as outdated and stupid as it now is.

And, somehow, it's one of the most globally valued functions.

Attention to detail is great, and something that I greatly value and appreciate in other people. Holding onto past institutions simply because they exist is something that I abhor.

I'm sure I'll see more value in it as I mature. But, as of now, I don't. Even the descriptions of its so-called advantages make me cringe.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the most recent one I've taken.

picture.php

This is one I took a few months ago.

picture.php

My Fe consistently sucks.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have a basic grasp on Te, but I will become very agitated if pressed to use it more/better. It show in my behavior in some:
"They are jeans. If they are clean you wear them. If they are dirty, you wash them. Don't make me think about it. Damnit. It's obvious, you just go by the washing instructions. Whites, blacks, colorfuls & washing degrees. Common logic. No, no, no I don't want to talk about how to wash them!! Argh! Just put them in!" And I'll go crazy after that. However: excel charts are quite lovely.

Yes, this, exactly. Exactly! I wish I could understand how not to become agitated and go crazy. I mean, I bite my tongue, I'm able not to let it loose, but it's exhausting holding back and I hate myself that I can't learn patience. Especially when there's a lot to do, if there's somebody who can't get up to speed and I feel held back, I practically froth at the mouth. Internally. If you just let me do my thing, it will be good every time, but if you make me have to explain to you why I'm doing what I'm doing, I can barely tolerate having the conversation.

It's particularly bad when the way I want to do things goes against what someone else considers logic. Like I say "Delay the checkout date one day later because there's no way they will be able to get back from court and check out on the same day, you're just making a problem that doesn't need to exist. Let them check out the following day." And the other person insists that court will get out at a certain time and they will be able to check out and it will save the client money if we skip one night in the hotel ... and then she calls me crying about how the attorneys are stuck in court longer than anticipated and the hotel won't give her late check out because the hotel need the rooms. YES, THIS IS WHAT I SAID...I constantly feel like I'm speaking some weird language no one else comprehends.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
picture.php

Just took another one of these. Fe is still pretty flimsy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ni and Ne.
Whatever, man.

mpn

MBTI Type
INTP
Se- Is this what sportscasters use? "Chelios to Kosten, Kosten on the red line, passes to McKinnis, McKinnis behind the net..." It's just so fast, I can't track it, and end up only getting the "feeling" of the game. In "Lectures on Typology", Von Franz says something about Ne requiring the user to be constantly kind of spaced out so they can pick up on unconscious perceptions. I have had lucid moments where I felt I might've experienced fluent Se -- suddenly a tree comes into focus and feels very real to me. But generally I do feel like I'm picking up on imagery or just, weird random shit. Like Shaquille O'Neal just pops up out of nowhere. I think Ne has something to do with archetypes? If I've picked up those, I didn't/don't know it.

My parents are ISTP and ISFP, so I think some clashes with them might illustrate Se vs. Si. They're messy, for one thing. I like to stabilize my environment, like having the pots and pans in the kitchen in the same place. Whereas they really seem to not mind just running with however it is. I understand Si as navigating an internal image whereas Se interacts directly with the environment.

Is all this really what the functions are about? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Other than that:
Ni- The function I most don't "get".
Fi- I "get" Fi, but don't use it.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
My Ni is extremely negligible. (comes with being an ISTJ, I guess) My Fe is only slightly better. My Si, Ti, Te, and Fi are pretty well developed. Everything else is pretty moderate.

I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

I've been working on my Ne. N just doesn't come naturally to us SJs.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weakest: Ni, Se, Fe

Ripped from my sig, my function order is as follows:

Ne > Ti ≅ Fi > Te ≅ Ni ≫ Se > Fe ≫ Si

The first tier is basically Ne, Ti, Fi, Ni, and Te.. I've got a pretty good grasp of all of those. Second tier is Se and Fe. Third tier, sitting by its lonesome, is Si.

I think I developed Ni out of stress, and Te and Fi out of sheer necessity. It makes me better at planning and knowing my own internals than I "should" be. Psychology and empathy is a secret weapon that my customers do not know about, and they are absolutely wonderful tools in everyday life. And I can organize my random thoughts and spontaneous outbursts of ideas. It's pretty cool.

Se? Yeah, I could use more of that. Life passes me by more than it should, when it is meant to be enjoyed. I find it difficult to remember to "savor the flavor."

Fe? Kind of oppressive when used badly, but I can tolerate it. It's useful. It's good to take care of other people. I feel good when I do it, too. Just, please, don't feel hurt that it's not my dominant function, too, and we'll get along great.

But that Si.. it's my worst enemy. "It's always been done that way" is the bane of my existence. If you want to make a point to me, do not use that phrase, or I will press you for a better reason.

An example. In my ISFJ mother, Si manifests itself as pining for the past, and longing for what once was, while doing absolutely nothing to change her situation. She refuses to "get with the times" or to try anything new. Any inevitable transitions in her children's lives are met with unadulterated hostility and discomfort.

In certain institutions, it is the reason bureaucracy and idiocy continues to thrive. It was once that way, and so shall it remain, as outdated and stupid as it now is.

And, somehow, it's one of the most globally valued functions.

Attention to detail is great, and something that I greatly value and appreciate in other people. Holding onto past institutions simply because they exist is something that I abhor.

I'm sure I'll see more value in it as I mature. But, as of now, I don't. Even the descriptions of its so-called advantages make me cringe.
So I see you finally went with ENTP.
Does seem to make sense, and fit the function strengths better (they probably never line up in the exact order).

I've been paying more attention to Lenore Thomson's theory, and she has the other four functions as right or left brain alternatives, so that would help explain why Ni, Fi and Te would come up stronger than expected for you, and Si would be the weakest.

So ENTP does seem to fit better than the other stuff you've tried, and you do remind me of some of some of the other ENTP's here (I think of Eck with his teddy bear avatars!).

But just curious; why did you change your 4Marks from Sanguine-Choleric to Choleric-Sanguine? (Which is a different blending in that system).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te and Si are weakest, with Te almost non-existant. I can use it if I need to, and I do...but it drains me and I find it highly unpleasant, except for the odd burst I suddenly get. Si is something I use mostly when I'm stressed and can't judge whether my ideas are any good..then I'll use old and proven ideas. Also, in my nostalgic moods. I kinda enjoy it then, as long as no one is around. But usually, I'm too stuck in my own head thinking up new opportunities to dwell on old ones.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Te is the weakest here and my Fe is almost non-existent as well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Introverted Feeling
Hide their personal sentiments whenever possible to avoid public examination of their feelings. They also find it hard to articulate how they feel. ENTP's tend to be very unaware of and hesitant towards assessing the implicit 'distance' between themselves and another person. Such things are generally swept under the rug. This can result in a mistrust of others and a general wariness regarding others' opinions of them, potentially causing irrational behaviors based on misconceptions in this area. They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship without putting too much pressure on them to express their inner feelings.

Fi tends to expose itself unexpectedly. Emotional responses to trauma will often manifest themselves several years later, triggered by things that seem to have little to do with the event responsible for the reaction e.g. abandonment issues surface after visiting a nursing home.

I have no clue what this means, but it sounds funny :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship without putting too much pressure on them to express their inner feelings.

I have no clue what this means, but it sounds funny :D

awww, entropie, thanks for sharing. well i barely know you on here, but i feel like we have a connection. :hug:

i can imagine that entp distance thing is some sort of result of Ne churning everything up and the entp losing spatial perspective in that cacophony of incoming data.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

I've been working on my Ne. N just doesn't come naturally to us SJs.

i guess i don't really miss not noticing changes cuz without an Se i'm not gonna notice it the first time or second time anyway! i am strong in Si when it comes to knowing my body, but other than that, i'm not too strong in it, and even then i can get hurt and not really feel it too much. i always wondered why, when a child, i would never notice myself getting hurt and getting bruised, or wonder later where a cut came from. now i know it's my nearly-inferior Si.

i miss an Se more i think cuz lack of it can cause me to trip, forget about paying bills, and not dress warmly enough for the occasion. haha. that kind of concrete stuff.

edit: i guess not remembering to dress warmly enough is more an Si trait?