• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your weakest functions?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So it's like being very unaware of the concrete external world? Is it being so lost in thought that you might as well have headphones and really dark glasses on? Do you get more excited thinking about what is going to happen than when something is actually happening? Do you get taken by surprise easily?

Yes to all of this! :shock:

Semi-unrelated thought: The other day I went to this haunted house touristy thing where people jump out and scare you, the people were really well hidden but I saw every one of them before they saw me, so there was no surprise, it kind of made the whole thing a bit of a bore, while people around me never saw them coming, this must be Se related?

Se show off! *grumble grumble* :cry:

I don't make sense on purpose. Ne/Ti

Oh. So it's not a stroke?

wolfy

awsm
Si and Ti. A zen like bliss. I practice the leave it where I can see it method of organization.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, so you thought you were making fun of the handicapped?

Yes! I told you that already! Do you just carry that PDA around with you for show?!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Si and Ti. A zen like bliss. I practice the leave it where I can see it method of organization.

Does this apply to the "if you can hear it, fear it" rule for lightning and thunder?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ni and Ti.

I think it plays out in my life that I don't make up hidden agendas and meanings and project them onto people and I don't do math or graphs or stuff like that.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni and Ti.

I think it plays out in my life that I don't make up hidden agendas and meanings and project them onto people and I don't do math or graphs or stuff like that.

May I graph your hidden agenda while projecting it onto you?

heart

heart on fire
Se

To become engaged in the moment, even at young ages, I often had to pretend that I was in a movie or writing a book in my head about what was going on at that moment. Only then could I attend to the details without drifting into my own daydreams. So I daydreamed about the moment to make it "real" for myself.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to this test, Si and Se are my weakest. I knew I was just a floating head. I have practically no sensory awareness. :doh:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (35.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (34.4)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Se

To become engaged in the moment, even at young ages, I often had to pretend that I was in a movie or writing a book in my head about what was going on at that moment. Only then could I attend to the details without drifting into my own daydreams. So I daydreamed about the moment to make it "real" for myself.

Just wondering (if you subscribe to function orders) what role Si plays for INFPs? Combined with Fi and Ne I imagine it would emerge as a form of nostalgia, remembering how you felt about events and what they meant to you rather than the actual concrete details of the events?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Si and Se are my weakest. Fe and Te are moderate and Fi, Ti, Ni, and Ne are my strongest. Ni is my strongest.

sade

My Si and Te suck. I think my Si is so mutilated by now it would only traumatize people to show it.
My Si.. I rarely notice how things differ from what used to be, it doesn't actually cross my mind to compare or think back. I need to write things down, take pictures or somehow records things if I want to remember them later on. I just forget.

I have a basic grasp on Te, but I will become very agitated if pressed to use it more/better. It show in my behavior in some:
"They are jeans. If they are clean you wear them. If they are dirty, you wash them. Don't make me think about it. Damnit. It's obvious, you just go by the washing instructions. Whites, blacks, colorfuls & washing degrees. Common logic. No, no, no I don't want to talk about how to wash them!! Argh! Just put them in!" And I'll go crazy after that. However: excel charts are quite lovely.

I suppose that comes out in my habit of not thinking what went wrong (when I've screwed something up) and how I could possibly have avoided it, and how I should do the thing next time. I also tend to be somewhat clueless as to what is the 'appropriate' behavior code in different social situations. (Thankfully I have my Fe to fall on.)

On an unrelated note: My Se is surprisingly good, probably better than my Ti. Maybe because I'm so quick in actions.. Ti takes too much time. Ah well.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Si and Ti for me. They are both pretty weak. Ti is almost completely nonfunctional and dormant. Si isn't far behind. It's just much easier to use Se all of the time!!!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me, probably Ti and Ni. Things just don't work that way in my head. (shrug)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there a more accurate test?
Someone mentioned the Singer-Loomis, which also measures the processes directly, and uses scenarios in the questionnaire (hence it sounds very interesting), but I cannot find anywhere it can be taken. There's a site selling the test material, so it looks almost as if you have to find a counselor or someone who happenes to administer the test.