• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Are INTJs Sometimes Confused As Extraverts?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Te would probably be the most "outgoing" seeming of the four extraverted functions, i would think. Fe is very social and can very effectively direct but Te in action is swift and in charge, particularly, i would imagine, when fueled by pinpointed Ni.

You're making us sound so sexy.

Go on...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te is manly!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's kind of like that game you play with a fortune cookie at the Chinese restaurant:

"I want Te to firmly and efficiently take control...in bed."

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tether me down
Teach me
Tempt me
Tease me

et ceTera

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te is soooooo much manlier than Ti.

Good fucking lord.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol, efficiently, wham bam thank you ma'am...or...zzzzzzzzzzz

Nicodemus

Efficiency, efficiency they say
Get to know the date and tell the time of day
As the crowds begin complaining
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Elysée

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
So if you take one of those tests where they measure the strength of your 'letters'

Sounds like it could mean if you score as a low introvert, you use your aux, extroverted function more than another I who doesn't. Sounds good.

I'm an introvert, and people always talk about how social I am, and how I am the loudest and leading the group, in some senses.
Actually my first thought is not to lead, but if there's nobody else stepping up, I automatically kick in.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTJs think and make judgements out loud and perceive inwardly. If we are doing a lot of thinking we seem extroverted.

Sunny Ghost

So if you take one of those tests where they measure the strength of your 'letters'

Sounds like it could mean if you score as a low introvert, you use your aux, extroverted function more than another I who doesn't. Sounds good.

I'm an introvert, and people always talk about how social I am, and how I am the loudest and leading the group, in some senses.
Actually my first thought is not to lead, but if there's nobody else stepping up, I automatically kick in.
i think it makes perfect sense. whenever i first became familiar with mbti, i recall getting something like 90% or higher on my primary function-Fi. My Se was really low, but still there. a few months ago, however, when i was going through a much more extroverted phase, i swore i was turning into an ESFP! my Se was obviously more prominent as i was more social and outgoing and etc. my Fi was lower than it once was. now, i think i'm somewhere between the two extremes. when i'm at home, i rely more on my Fi. when i'm in social settings, i rely more heavily on Se. hence why people think i'm so social and outgoing. laugh.

but anyways, i definitely agree with the notion that it's just a matter of how much you rely on your auxilliary that will display how introverted or extroverted one might be perceived.

Sunny Ghost

i think it makes perfect sense. whenever i first became familiar with mbti, i recall getting something like 90% or higher on my primary function-Fi. My Se was really low, but still there. a few months ago, however, when i was going through a much more extroverted phase, i swore i was turning into an ESFP! my Se was obviously more prominent as i was more social and outgoing and etc. my Fi was lower than it once was. now, i think i'm somewhere between the two extremes. when i'm at home, i rely more on my Fi. when i'm in social settings, i rely more heavily on Se. hence why people think i'm so social and outgoing. laugh.

but anyways, i definitely agree with the notion that it's just a matter of how much you rely on your auxilliary that will display how introverted or extroverted one might be perceived.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, efficiently, wham bam thank you ma'am...or...zzzzzzzzzzz

No, it means doing it right, dammit. No point in going on for a long time if it doesn't accomplish anything.

Efficiency, efficiency they say
Get to know the date and tell the time of day
As the crowds begin complaining
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Elysée

I like that image. What is that from?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect some INTJs can be assertive and therefore confuse others with the assumption they are extroverts.

I suspect other INTJs become confused when they attempt too much socialization, and are quite confused as extroverts.