• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am having issues with my diagnosis as INFJ

InFlux

*bows* Now let's not let this degenerate into INFJ/INFP wars. That would be unacceptable. And not nearly snuggly enough.

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
*bows* Now let's not let this degenerate into INFJ/INFP wars. That would be unacceptable. And not nearly snuggly enough.

that would also make things difficult to me, because I wouldn't be confused about what side to join

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually, the motivations here are unclear.

Are you going back and reworking the idea because you have a clear picture in your head of what it should have been like but you failed to capture it adequately on the first try... or did you create the idea and are now playing off of elements of the idea, having an inkling of new possibilities that you did not envision the first time but now see suggested in the work itself?

In the first case, it is like you have a finished "picture" in your head and are trying to make your efforts conform to it.

In the second case, you are not quite sure what the finished product should look like and are taking your cues from the work itself as you try things.

Both involve editing and reworking... but for completely different reasons.

Actually, both things happen.

sometimes I get whole ideas out of the blue and it takes work for all the little details to fall into place. That happens sometimes.

more often, it will be the second. Lets say I am writing a funny blog about my trip to New York....., When I finish it, I read it. It is ok, but looking back, there is a better way to say something, or perhaps a description wasn't clear enough. Sometimes I will think of something totally new while going over the first draft and change it. I do this all the time when writing. Sometimes I take big chunks out and replace them with something completely different that did not come to me at first, but came out of the ether afterwards while I was re-reading what i wrote

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
You may want to check your Interaction Style also.

I believe INFJ will tend to be "Chart-the-course" types, while INFP will be "Behind-the-scenes" Styles.

I finally arrived at typing myself as an INTP after looking through multiple different models of personality.

My Ti was clear in control in terms of precesses. My language was abstract (indicating "N"). I preferred structure to motive (indicates NT-SJ instead of NF-SP), and the temperament preference order was NT-NF-SJ-SP (so that really settled my N-S preference, since in addition, my second highest preference was Ne). Beyond that, I came out "Behind-the-scenes"-"Chart-the Course"-"Get-things-Going"-"In Charge" in terms of Interaction styles. I also considered myself clearly informative rather than directive, and clearly Introverted, so "Behind-the-Scenes" was the appropriate style for me. Combining all that together, I came up with INTP, and I am fairly confident of that.

I wonder if MLC can incorporate all the various veiws of personality into his machine learning algorithm for typing (so that it adapts to find clear preferences in particular views of personality).

I think I would fall into the "chart the course style" personally

Celtinfj

MBTI Type
iNFj
Well, I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I have always had a soft spot for INFJs, so it was purely a description of the differences... and because INFJs are generally more clear and assertive (and INFPs are less committal and exposed), there was simply more I could say about them.

Maybe you are getting fixated on the "revenge" thing?

IxFJs are also probably the most strong-willed people I know when they get an idea in their head. That can be a bad thing, but it is also a wonder to behold in good situations.

Actually, for myself, I thought you were dead on. Because I do have very strict guidelines about retaliation and turning the other cheek when hurt, I keep my anger in check. Naturally it's going to come out in other ways, like in dreams, so I can totally see that. Being called vindictive doesn't phase me at all, because I know that in reality it doesn't come out, but it will in other ways. Because I have such a long fuse as well, when I get angry people notice, and get quite intimidated. Even so, I have to play fair...which is totally annoying when you have the nasty words right there, ready to be said, and you just can't do it.

Argh!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, for myself, I thought you were dead on. Because I do have very strict guidelines about retaliation and turning the other cheek when hurt, I keep my anger in check. Naturally it's going to come out in other ways, like in dreams, so I can totally see that. Being called vindictive doesn't phase me at all, because I know that in reality it doesn't come out, but it will in other ways. Because I have such a long fuse as well, when I get angry people notice, and get quite intimidated. Even so, I have to play fair...which is totally annoying when you have the nasty words right there, ready to be said, and you just can't do it.

Argh!

And then you just sort of go off somewhere and let it all loose on a plant or something, which makes you feel stupid because the plant isn't honestly listening nor is it the person you mean to be angry with.

So, yes I agree with that assessment for myself as well. I do check my anger, and even my enthusiasm, because I worry it might not be appropriate at the time. And of course, I have the words right there in their perfect blazing, smiting glory just waiting to be unleashed like a lash of firey vengence. But when I say them the words come out wrong and they lose their intensity...because I'm trying not to fly off the handle at the same time I'm flying off the handle. If that makes any sense. Either way it makes me feel incredibly impotent in that situation.

whozzat

Of course, let it be known that I am incredibly squishy and snuggly. Well, maybe before the :coffee: