• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What group do you identify with?

Which group do you identify with?

• Casual

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • Roughneck

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Elitist

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Craftsmen

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well that makes sense. I identify as an LII in socionics, which is in the Alpha Quadra.

Yep.

I've been identified as LII and EII, but no one can agree which I am. I'm definitely not the equivalent functional order in Socionics (IEI), because Beta is the quadra whose values I disagree with the most. I like both Alpha and Delta, so I don't know which one I am from that.

I know that I dislike Beta the most, which probably means I'm Delta (EII), since Delta has all of Beta's elements subdued.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, I did get an invite to the Alpha Quadra group here. So I guess it's not so surprising.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Switching between elitist and casual. Like toonia mentioned, it's missing a nerd option. *grin*

G

garbage

how in god's name would an IEE ever fit with that description of the craftsmen group

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'd have to say the closest one is elitist for me, but w/o the competitive bit. I rather dislike elitism as a whole and don't care for projecting an image, so I don't really fit with any of the groups. That aspect of it wearies my bones. Can't there just be a small group that talks about interesting things for the sake of it and not worried about their careers? Is there a nerd group? I think I'd go for that one first. I like reading the description of the casual group, but I don't join in funny banter with people I don't know. I'm easily struck funny, but am not often the creator of funny (at least not on purpose).

I couldn't create funny on purpose if my life depended on it. I find I'm usually the good natured butt of jokes. I identified with some aspects of the casual and the elitist, but didn't like a lot of the elements of either.

wolfy

awsm
I'm a combination of casual and craftsman. I'm simply a casual craftsman.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I somehow knew that if someone blurted out my secret, it would be you.

But that was easy to tell, since I'm the only one really into socionics in this forum (not that I take pride in it, just how it is). Anyway, don't you think that your choice of words were biased, giving Beta and Gamma degrading names? I can understand you're a peak-Ne type and thus tend to perceive them as threatening, but since it's an experiment, it'd be more useful to be neutral.

You basically set up the experiment so that your theory would be confirmed, by giving the best name to the quadra you thought was most represented. That's unsound methodology.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But that was easy to tell, since I'm the only one really into socionics in this forum (not that I take pride in it, just how it is). Anyway, don't you think that your choice of words were biased, giving Beta and Gamma degrading names? I can understand you're a peak-Ne type and thus tend to perceive them as threatening, but since it's an experiment, it'd be more useful to be neutral.

You basically set up the experiment so that your theory would be confirmed, by giving the best name to the quadra you thought was most represented. That's unsound methodology.

Yeah, I realize they were biased now. At first I thought "Casual" would be perceived as "Slacker" by a lot of people, but apparently it wasn't. Come to think of it... I probably should have called them "Slackers" to be sufficiently negative (my original intent was to make all the names negative, but I only succeeded with Beta and Gamma). :doh:

Don't know what I was thinking with Craftsmen, though. That one was neutral and totally missed the mark.

I admit the methodology was unsound. But on the other hand, I didn't just want everyone to vote for the quadra they thought their type was in without considering the descriptions.

That's interesting, though. It's that apparent that I value Ne in Socionics, huh? Weird since I'm Ni here, but I guess the functions are quite different there.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, I realize they were biased now. At first I thought "Casual" would be perceived as "Slacker" by a lot of people, but apparently it wasn't. Come to think of it... I probably should have called them "Slackers" to be sufficiently negative. :doh:

Don't know what I was thinking with Craftsmen, though. That one was neutral and totally missed the mark.

I admit the methodology was unsound. But on the other hand, I didn't just want everyone to vote for the quadra they thought their type was in without considering the descriptions.

Yeah that's also true...I guess one of the reason why they choose greek letters to represent the quadras is that they are sufficiently neutral. Even A-B-C-D could somehow remind of grades, even uncosciously :doh:

That's interesting, though. It's that apparent that I value Ne in Socionics, huh? Weird since I'm Ni here, but I guess the functions are quite different there.

MMm yes, because Ni works in tandem with Se in socionics, and you seem to really dislike Se, right? So it fits more that you're a very Ne INFj, which works in tandem with Si

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah that's also true...I guess one of the reason why they choose greek letters to represent the quadras is that they are sufficiently neutral. Even A-B-C-D could somehow remind of grades, even uncosciously :doh:

Yeah. Choosing descriptive names always shows bias. That's why they didn't do it, I suppose.

I probably should have gone with "Laidback, Social, Driven, and Craftsman." That would have been somewhat more neutral, though it still would have had bias.

MMm yes, because Ni works in tandem with Se in socionics, and you seem to really dislike Se, right? So it fits more that you're a very Ne INFj, which works in tandem with Si

Yeah. One thing people have pointed out about me on Socionics is that their positive I'm not Beta (without me even telling my type), and seem really opposed to those values. They can't tell me what type I am, but they say that I'm anti-Beta. It's weird, but it does seem true.

Incidentally, I don't dislike Gamma as much as Beta. They seem harsh but tolerable in most circumstances.

Ironically, Beta is IEI with the same functional order (Ni-Fe) in Socionics, so some misguided person might plug a J/P switch in and assume I'm Beta when converting my type. That would be so annoying.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
roughneck.

wow only two others.

(Roughneck, Inspector Deck's on the set
The rebel, I make more noise than heavy metal)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, don't you think that your choice of words were biased, giving Beta and Gamma degrading names? I can understand you're a peak-Ne type and thus tend to perceive them as threatening, but since it's an experiment, it'd be more useful to be neutral.

I'm Ne subtype and I chose Gamma...I agree with other elements of Delta, but not the group behavior. Maybe because I don't like groups in general.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="ygteZWP_tL0"]One of these groups keep making me think of this:[/YOUTUBE]

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Casual + elitist, although none of them really fit me.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that was weird. You really, really don't see that your favourites, craftsman/casual have positive connotations while elitist and roughneck have negative one? Really? I don't believe it.

Anyway I don't fit well into any of them, but elitist is closest.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Casual all the way! Ties are a dead metaphor anyway.