• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most "stable" type?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think ISFJs are better at handling day to day things than ISTJs? We're good at the paperwork aspect, but the handling day to day stuff requires a lot of peaceful interactions and that's where ISFJs shine over ISTJs.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've always realized that my biggest flaw in terms of stability was my inability to stay focused on the present instead of getting lost in my own mind. If I had that, I'd be perfectly stable. I'm already more stable than some (but not most) TJs.

TJs tend to surpass FJs in terms of efficiency and such when healthy, but they deteriorate far more rapidly and completely under stress. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it seems like IFJs have this thing where they tend to just "wind down" into apathy rather than "blow up" in a fit. Which technically makes them more stable.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I still tho think that the whole question is a definition thing. With my entp boss you for example can count on the fact that he will run naked through the office on or two times, four times max per week.

Though you dont know, how often he does it or whether he gives you a neckpinch, while running naked around you, you can count on the fact that he WILL go haywire.

I personally think thats a form of stability bound to success. Not like your boring "old men ISTJ" crap :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've always realized that my biggest flaw in terms of stability was my inability to stay focused on the present instead of getting lost in my own mind. If I had that, I'd be perfectly stable. I'm already more stable than some (but not most) TJs.

TJs tend to surpass FJs in terms of efficiency and such when healthy, but they deteriorate far more rapidly and completely under stress. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it seems like IFJs have this thing where they tend to just "wind down" into apathy rather than "blow up" in a fit. Which technically makes them more stable.

Though, I've noticed a trend in a handful of ISFJs that marriage is viewed as the ultimate achievement. That's just a big WTF in my mind.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I still tho think that the whole question is a definition thing. With my entp boss you for example can count on the fact that he will run naked through the office on or two times, four times max per week.

Though you dont know, how often he does it or whether he gives you a neckpinch, while running naked around you, you can count on the fact that he WILL go haywire.

I personally think thats a form of stability bound to success. Not like your boring "old men ISTJ" crap :D

Well, that is stable and predictable...

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
The I-S-T-J, fellas they are called the I-S-T-J's. ISFJ's aswell when they dont become slaves to their emotions. Mature STP's are hard to instablize.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Though, I've noticed a trend in a handful of ISFJs that marriage is viewed as the ultimate achievement. That's just a big WTF in my mind.

Yeah, that's one thing I really don't envy ISFJs. Centering their lives around marriage rather than anything else probably makes them very stable, patient, and undemanding, but extremely... well, I don't know, lacking in personality/identity. That just doesn't seem like much of an identity or drive in life. I can't see how someone would be content with that.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ISFJs are better at handling day to day things than ISTJs? We're good at the paperwork aspect, but the handling day to day stuff requires a lot of peaceful interactions and that's where ISFJs shine over ISTJs.

well, a good friend of mine is isfj and she's very peaceful and stable and nurturing, yes, but i find that she tends to shut down easier than my istj husband who can almost function like a machine when he needs to get something done. i mean, to me she's a downright 'flake' at times. but these are just two people...haha. just my experience.

at least there seems to be agreement on isXj anyway, for the most part.

xntp seems stable, but in a very passionate way, so i'd not really call that 'the most stable type.' seems like they are more likely to get overheated and into an intenseness.

my husband is better at dealing with day to day stuff with people than me. he doesn't seem quite as introverted about dealing with errands and people regarding the bank, insurance, calling people, the contractor, the excavator, etc. as me. but maybe that comes to istjs more with age and experience? he's 40.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that's one thing I really don't envy ISFJs. Centering their lives around marriage rather than anything else probably makes them very stable, patient, and undemanding, but extremely... well, I don't know, lacking in personality/identity. That just doesn't seem like much of an identity or drive in life. I can't see how someone would be content with that.

exactly. my friend pretty much defines herself by her family, almost to a codependent realm to me. but she seems happy enough in that.

Unique

I disagree that an SJ could be the most stable type

I remember watching someone on TV recently talking about the economy etc and he said "people don't understand that you need to 'dance with the chaos'"

Essentially what he was getting at is things don't go to plan and we need to be constantly changing and constantly adapting, he said the methods being used with regards to the recessions aren't new or adapted to how the world is today

In regards to the question however I'm not going to name a type that is more "stable" one could argue what "stable" even means... if we are talking emotional stability then a thinking type is less likely to get caught up in it but there's always exceptions

If you are talking financially stable then MAYBE an SJ but if they get stuck in their ways they may never take a risk to reach financial freedom that say an SP would do

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think this is endearing... Maybe that's why ISTJs and ISFJs are a good match. :cheese:

i really think you are right. istjs want their women where they want them, and isfjs do whatever their men want.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I disagree that an SJ could be the most stable type

I remember watching someone on TV recently talking about the economy etc and he said "people don't understand that you need to 'dance with the chaos'"

Essentially what he was getting at is things don't go to plan and we need to be constantly changing and constantly adapting, he said the methods being used with regards to the recessions aren't new or adapted to how the world is today

In regards to the question however I'm not going to name a type that is more "stable" one could argue what "stable" even means... if we are talking emotional stability then a thinking type is less likely to get caught up in it but there's always exceptions

If you are talking financially stable then MAYBE an SJ but if they get stuck in their ways they may never take a risk to reach financial freedom that say an SP would do

And what is it that would make SP's more stable (whatever your definition is) than other temperaments?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say IxTx's have the greatest potential to force stability despite circumstances. Whereas the other types rely a bit more on the external world and chance of circumstances.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm ISTJ, I don't think I'm stable, I'm pretty inconsistent. But in general, yeah probably the ISTJs get my vote.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say IxTx's have the greatest potential to force stability despite circumstances. Whereas the other types rely a bit more on the external world and chance of circumstances.

c'mon. you have to go with j. p? nah, they're too fun-loving-live-in-the-moment to be the most stable.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
c'mon. you have to go with j. p? nah, they're too fun-loving-live-in-the-moment to be the most stable.

I know several P's that are extremely stable. Even more stable than me.

I'm quite stable as well in my opinion, but that's from a subjective point of view. Others may disagree. :D