• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Because I'm an XXXX."

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
On the other, you have these really whiny NTPs that insist on viewing everything in terms of humanity in contexts where that don't make sense, focus on how a system affects people, say weird things about authenticity and being human, and have really esoteric personal truths that are based on some subjective sense of justice with an unclear origin that they can't explain properly.

I wonder if you're referring to me.:huh:

If you are, you didn't have to write a whole paragraph on me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wonder if you're referring to me.:huh:

If you are, you didn't have to write a whole paragraph on me.

I'm not referring to you specifically. But you did remind me of an entire spectrum of NTPs. Several would fit in that category.

It wasn't meant to be insulting, although it might have come across that way because I happen to like that group of NTPs less than the other one. That's only because I can't understand where the group you're in is coming from most of the time, though.

NTPs are so complex that trying to categorize all the different variants of them would take forever, though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It wasn't meant to be insulting, although it might have come across that way because I happen to like that group of NTPs less than the other one. That's only because I can't understand where the group you're in is coming from most of the time, though.

LOL. "Hey, no offense, but you're whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which you think are 'truths' (but are really subjective). That's why I think that you belong to my invented subtype of NTPs that are whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which they think are "truths" (but are really subjective)."

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
LOL. "Hey, no offense, but you're whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which you think are 'truths' (but are really subjective). That's why I think that you belong to my invented subtype of NTPs that are whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which they think are "truths" (but are really subjective)."

It sounds mean when you say it like that. I hope they didn't take it that way. If they did, I apologize.

I've actually had that subtype in mind for a long time, and not all the qualities applied to that person.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Jesus Christ, it seems to me this thread has been taken a little to serious. ;)

Strengths = Good for you

Weaknesses = Put it into perspective and get over it.

Just an observation but do NT's not generally like any form of criticism?

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
you go girl!

when we limit ourselves to only one small (& safe) slice of the universe, we forget that there are whole other dimensions out there. (both internally and externally - just waiting to be explored! :))

:) and we are already so infinitesimal, we shouldn't try to squash ourselves any more.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Does anyone really like criticism?

I understand the effectiveness of its use. I find the emotional reaction to criticism to be a hindrance to improving upon weaknesses and thus something that should be aimed to be avoided. But, that's only because I'm an ISTJ. :devil:

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I understand the effectiveness of its use. I find the emotional reaction to criticism to be a hindrance to improving upon weaknesses and thus something that should be aimed to be avoided. But, that's only because I'm an ISTJ. :devil:
I appreciate critique. I use it to improve what I'm doing. But I can't honestly say I enjoy it!

wolfy

awsm
I like the Japanese saying 'Good medicine is bitter to the taste'

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
To the OP, YES! I agree. People need to think for themselves and stop relying on what "type' they are. I have no fucking clue what type I truly am and for those of you who think you know, think again as you're probably wrong.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Does anyone really like criticism?

I don't necessarily like it, but if it is constructive and i can benefit from it (and believe its not just a poke) then i am grateful for it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My ISFPness almost kept me from getting out of bed this morning but I somehow managed to overcome it (just).

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not referring to you specifically. But you did remind me of an entire spectrum of NTPs. Several would fit in that category.

NTPs are so complex that trying to categorize all the different variants of them would take forever, though.

It did sound offensive, but you actually did hit my personality on the head with that. Except for the part where I don't tell anyone about it, and therefore do not whine. Other than that, you've got me pegged.:)

I also tend to think of why the systems are built for humans. I suppose everything has it's mystery. I don't really care about how it effects the people, but why the system is the way it is and how it has come to be. I view the whole world in this way.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Stop using your type as an excuse.

Yeah, you may be an XXXX. And that type influences your natural preferences. You may not like to speak in public because you're an INTP. You may not prefer to sit at home and watch CNN because you're an ESFP. Whatever.

But, dammit, your type does not dictate what you are and are not capable of.

Push your boundaries. And stop using your type as an excuse to sit at home/not get the girl/stay unemployed/act like a jerk/whatever the case may be.

With love,
Rajah

We are all born stupid. And I have to say, I want all the short-sighted people in the world to rather view the world in mbti terms than to follow any other system, like the nazi way for example.

Though mbti is a religion like any other, it's the best we got so far, in my opinion.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Though mbti is a religion like any other, it's the best we got so far, in my opinion.

Not really. If you want something more analytical you can always research the Big Five System though even in that regard MBTI isn't without it's own studies. I do agree with the central idea of this thread. Personality flaws obtained through MBTI are like any other personal flaws in that simply restating them and using them as an excuse will only tend to reinforce them. True, you may be naturally absentminded but you can't constantly forget to pay your bills.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
There are some aspects of innate personality that will be a 'default' for people - namely in situations that they do not have much experience with that make it very difficult to overcome. But overall I agree, it is never impossible to change things you do not like about yourself...if you truly want to.