• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Because I'm an XXXX."

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
For the most part, I agree with the OP. You shouldn't use MBTI as a complete excuse for being bad at something. But also, MBTI shows why some people are naturally better at some things than others are.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's can eb feely, we have sensory neurons.

hommefatal

lol this thread is somewhat intolerant. Anyway, I sit at home because my environment is not satisfying. On the internet you can meet to start a conspiracy.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I sit at home because I am an INFP.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'm not sure I'm willing to say that one has to grow beyond the way they process in order to be mature or stretch themselves. I think it's more a matter of learning how to motivate/manage one's personality type well.

It would be foolish to simply disregard personality elements that could inform you where your limitations lie, because simply pushing through those limitations is going to cost you something somewhere in the long run. Everyone has a point where they operate outside their own box enough that they become spent and, eventually, break down.

It's wiser, IMO, to work with your tenancies to accomplish a stretching goal than against them.

I might prefer spending lots of time by myself to recharge, but see the worth is putting myself out there in order to form new relationships. I can do that more effectively, with little damage to myself, if I take into account my need to pace myself. If I decide I'll just ignore my limitations/type to accomplish something without planning ahead how I'll balance my life out, I'm essentially sabotaging my efforts before I begin. Eventually, it'll blow up in my face, because I neglected my real internal needs. :shrug: