• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP or INFP?

Ankitn

MBTI Type
INTP
hi guys, i'm not sure if i'm an INFP or an INTP.
When I'm really sad i.e, almost at the point of breaking down,(although thats really rare in my case) I avoid showing anyone such emotions and when I do cry, I cry silently . I usually become pissed off (and sometimes even get saddened) if someone calls me stupid or something similar because I'm forgetful. I tend to make fun of people who I consider too sensitive or stupid. For example, my younger sister one day was telling me about her teacher who scolded her for making a mistake in her math class. I however, considered it to be an inane thing to whine about and I started laughing because she was mad for such a stupid thing (if i was in her place, I wouldn't give a damn to the teacher). So, she starts crying and tells me that i'm a jerk when I didnt mean to be one. In addition to this, I never apologize even if its my mistake. However, I do get embarrased for saying something stupid or even for something like getting shouted at in public. I also do feel offended at times when people tell me to stop wasting their time when I ask a question. I often dream a lot, argue about things that interest me and I hate feeling unintelligent.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INFP.

You had me at "When I'm really sad".

Ankitn

MBTI Type
INTP
well, I took the test and i got INTP
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.5)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

hommefatal

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Improviser; then Theorist; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

The reason why Si and Te are that low is that I don't like STJ much.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eh, I don't see definitive INFP. Though mentioning sadness is a little suspect.

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
I can relate to this fellow quite thoroughly, though I believe myself to be a definite INTP.

I agree with Orangey; he could most certainly be an INTP.

Could you list some of your interests, Ankitn?

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
he only described his feelings and emotions and how he deals with people's feelings etc., a thinker would have mentioned something about thinking at least.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
he only described his feelings and emotions and how he deals with people's feelings etc., a thinker would have mentioned something about thinking at least.

This is slight evidence in favor of INFP, but not definitive unless in conjunction with other, stronger factors.

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
nothing is definitive from a paragraph, he could very well be a typeless, soulless zombie or a talking unicorn but from the paragraph he presented us we can only deduce infp.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Not really. We can't "deduce" anything. We can speculate and perhaps even say that the probability of him being INFP is slightly higher, but we can't really say more based on what he's presented to us.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The text presented so far by him is so thin that I think it's erroneous to start judging someone's type based on the fact he talked about emotions versus thinking.

I mean, really, everyone -- Thinkers get depressed and can toss out the fact that they're sad, just like Feelers can ruminate. People are pretty complex and without anything else to go on, these sorts of suppositions run pretty thin.

At this point, it seems rather like claiming someone has to be Asian because in the paragraph they included about their early childhood, they mentioned anime or rice.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe he's talking primarily about feelings because this tends to be what Ts focus on when trying to distinguish t from f. Thus, I declare him to be a T!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP, you insensitive asshole.

Just kidding!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Srsly. I was kidding, just to be clear. I was just making a joke in reference to you laughing at your sister. I think INTP though - they have feelings, too.

Ankitn

MBTI Type
INTP
Srsly. I was kidding, just to be clear. I was just making a joke in reference to you laughing at your sister. I think INTP though - they have feelings, too.

lol i laughed at that joke btw :D many people thought that i was an INFP instantly by looking at the first sentence and wouldnt even bother reading further xD