• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What personality types does popular culture encourage most?

Chloe

Ireland seems to have an inverse of American
preferences. Intuition and feeling in both directions
are favoured, and the arch-characters defining
the cultural character are INFJ and ENFP.
Extroverted sensors are most at odds with the
general feel of the place. Feeling is not discouraged
in men so there isn't much of a specific insistence
on T-type protocol, allowing male Fs to emerge
unscathed ;) Interesting thread.

You're from Ireland?
I've heard several times in our media that they compare Croatia with Ireland; how we have similar mentality. i don't know about that, isn't logical too me because we don't have much in common, except we are both small nations, but i've heard it in media from both;irish people and croatian.
I doubt Croatians are N, but I'm sure that Bosnian, and (maybe!) Serbs are N. - but Ns, don't move to Bosnia, LOL!

If France is N.. I'm movin' there..

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You heard me. The hate is not logical.

Is it logical to say "because everyone in America doesn't like France, it makes me love France even more"? It sounds like compensating illogical hate with illogical love.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
businessmen, wall street, project managers, used car salesman and the american dream: estp
customer service, retail, restaurants: esfj
young attractive female, possibly with designer baby stroller: esfp
managerial: estj

service industry wants extraversion. gender wants t-f male-female. maturity and social identity (from youthy carefree to responsbility, obligation) wants p-j. there's a lot of nuances. esfj males go into business, they're really good at being chummy and sucking up to estp types, or finding a way to play the game. then you have istp laywers, istj engineers or small business owners, isfp songwriters and actors/actresses (whatta maverick!), ntj doctors, ntp professors, and nf judges and ministers. in sports st types are the ideal.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Extroversion:

INTROVERSION IS SELF-CONTROL.

At school, I was always STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from being an E. I grew up in Asian schools, and I was always considered loud/rebellious/reckless. All the other kids were so quiet and "shy". Eventually, I believed that introversion = self-control. Which I believed for a long time.

Intuitive:

'INTUITING' MEANS TOO MUCH FREE TIME.

"N" means "4N" (foreign). The attitude I gathered was, "if you're intuiting, you obviously have too much time on your hands and you're obviously shirking on your daily chores/duties.

Thinking:
Women HAVE to be F.

F U don't, FU. [/whoa.lame]

Otherwise, you're 'insensitive/mean/heartless/sociopathic/evil/cruel/dictatorish'. Not only am I female, I have HUUUGE eyes (*with* naturally long, poofy eyelashes), a heart shaped face and a squeaky voice. People expect me to be some 'adorable princess doll' brimming with 'huggles'. :puppy_dog_eyes: :rofl1:

How will I EVER be taken seriously in the corporate world if that's how I look!? :steam:

Perceiv

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
our popi think there's also something to be said in terms of certain types in social situations influenced by pop culture. all ixtx's seem to be at a severe disadvantage socially. istp's are praised though for the bad boy type.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
One day, us female T's will be favored...once we get our numbers up!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends on which situation.

Perceivers are only okay when they are singers, stand-up comedians, in short, artists. As you know, not a lot of people can achieve this. Normal people like you and me are either hard-working, methodical Judgers, or failures.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would agree with that, for American culture anyway.

I think it's valued in this order:
1. extroverted
2. sensor
3. feeling for women & thinking for men
4. the spontaneous P for the young & the structured J for the mature

The closer to that, the more "normal' you seem. This means INXXs are the weirdos, which may be why we congregate & hide out on the internet :D

Completely agree. Sadly.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
lol. reading this makes me feel useless. oh well, i accept my lack of a place in society.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

1. extroverted
2. sensor

The closer to that, the more "normal' you seem. This means INXXs are the weirdos, which may be why we congregate & hide out on the internet :D

I would agree with the above. This is a very interesting thread!!

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so

1. extroverted
2. sensor

hey

Cygnus

I'd say that the largest single trend is that life favors Thinkers over Feelers. Perceivers can act with more impunity than Judgers, so it's Ti-users who have the greatest advantage. Sensors are usually more strong-willed and better at accomplishing real tasks than Intuitives, so that narrows it down to the STPs.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's all bullshit, really. And I agree with most of your observations. But seriously, fuck society and whoever comes up with this distopian standard for wasting peoples' lives. And fuck those who ridicule the "weird ones" for being superior to them.