• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do F murderers use T?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
To cut the question short:

Certain murderers are considered cold-blooded and empathiless. Neurologists who've studied these invidual's, mainly find damage and defiencies in the prefrontal cortex, which functions as our moral and value decision-making system, aswell as damage to other areasthat allow humans to sympathize/empathize with other humans, to be considerate and so and so forth.

Now assuming the MBTI function system is correct and corresponds with actual mental centres responsible with functions. Would a damaged invidual with an F prefrence, lapse into instinctual impulsiveness or would they be forced to use their substandard T function?.

discuss.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
To cut the question short:

Certain murderers are considered cold-blooded and empathiless. Neurologists who've studied these invidual's, mainly find damage and defiencies in the prefrontal cortex, which functions as our moral and value decision-making system, aswell as damage to other areasthat allow humans to sympathize/empathize with other humans, to be considerate and so and so forth.

Now assuming the MBTI function system is correct and corresponds with actual mental centres responsible with functions. Would a damaged invidual with an F prefrence, lapse into instinctual impulsiveness or would they be forced to use their substandard T function?.

discuss.

I would say that the F function still works; you can have an inability to sympathize with others, but still have your own emotions and feelings about situations guide your actions.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think any murderer has to use feeling to a large extent, even if they're devoid of empathy. Without feeling, a person would be nothing more than a flesh-and-blood calculator. Such a person would be able to plot out a murder, but without valuing the planned act they have no motive to carry it out. Even the coldest murderer has acted in accordance to his values, for values are the only thing that will compel a person to act. This principle runs in the opposite direction, as well. A murderer who favors feeling must still draw on thinking in order to carry out his deed. He knows what he wants, but without a grasp of reason he would be powerless to do it; he wouldn't even know how to raise his weapon. And I think the more a Feeler is set on committing murder, the more likely that Feeler is to draw on thinking in order to ensure success. Feelers are most at home with values, true, but they can value logic and will do so when necessary. As far as a Feeler's mindset during the act itself, it's impossible to say what would go through that person's head without having experienced it. I think there would have to be either a detachment like the one you mentioned or a galvanizing burst of passion to push them over the edge.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People kill people.
Type is irrelevant.

Maybe if you had a specific person in mind, they could be studied and answers could be generated... but I think it's a little much to generalize based on type, to this extreme.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Motive matters here, too.

FinalFrontier89

MBTI Type
ENFP
Depends what kind of murder you're talking about. Obviously, crimes of passion seem even more like F territory than T. However, even planned out cold blooded murder could be motivated by emotion. F types would probably be more likely to feel disillusioned with the world around them too, which can often manifest itself in violence.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i think most murderers go into what i would refer to as "berserker" trance. postpone all non-fitting emotions and all non-fitting judgments until post climax, while a dominant emotion or plan has been pulled through. they do not realize what they have done until a certain time afterwards. some may not realize it at all, and only have it trigger due to specific circumstances.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I think that certain types of people are more disposed towards diferent types of murder and to diferent extents.
INTP's have a morbid fascination.
An INTJ would plan a genocide.
An NFP would commit a crime of passion.
An SP would kill for the experience.
An SP might get carried away in the moment.
An SJ would kill for country.
SJ's would plan their attacks first.
That's a list of probable murders that diferent sets would do.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I think some of them do:
tea.jpg

Especially back before they knew to detect poison... they'd just poison the tea, the person would keel over and people would assume it was a heart attack or something.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
xF temperament seems to have more of an inclination for revenge...everthing is relative to their personal self...doing 'right' may not always be a priority

xT seem to have a personal framework that when used for decision making seems to be very unbiased...usually giving reason more weight than value for self

just an observation

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Just finished reading American Psycho. The serial killer character was a calculating feeler who killed without planning but definitely with passion. What I got from what I read (I skimmed much of it) was an Enneagram type 3 (heart center) mb Thinking type.

In an ironic way, the narrator's voice came through the character's and showed the audience how or why the killer might do the atrocious things he did. Me as the reader understood why the character was so disgusted with society and killed, even though I knew it wasn't right, but the character didn't see this bigger picture. He demonstrated no empathy or mercy at all. His feeling function had been abandoned in a way, perhaps from his bad childhood, and he may have enlisted a thinking function that operated without his dominant F.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
So, I have to be more weary of F's now. This means I have to watch 2 out of 3 girls more than I normally would. And my dad's an F. Strangely, He's the only F in the family, and I'm the only P.

Last edited:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ESFPs would probably do it in an uncontrolled fit of rage and emotion. Also ISFPs, and other FP types possibly as well.
INTJs would plan it carefully, considering ever matter. Applies to ISTJs too. ENTJs could also be applied to.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
No, that's why I weep tears of blissful joy every time I murder my enemies. If that's not F then I don't know what is. :coffee:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I would murder anyone who killed anybody I loved.
If someone pointed a gun at somebody I loved and I thought they were serious about pulling the trigger, I'd kill them.

I would never ever kill anybody else other than these given situations (or any related).

F's can be murderers just as well as T's can. T's, in my opinion, might make up more of the convicted murderers out there just in the general idea.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are more types of murderers and killers than there are types of MBTI.

First type the murderer's murderer type, before assigning it to the MBTI system!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
there are no F murderers.
by virtue of murder, one becomes T.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
There are more types of murderers and killers than there are types of MBTI.

First type the murderer's murderer type, before assigning it to the MBTI system!

Come up wiith a murder type system.