• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'll teach you how to be a J if you teach me how to be more P.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'll teach you how to be a J if you teach me how to be more P.

It is easier for a J to fake being a P than for a P to fake being a J, but it is more difficult for a J to become a P than for a P to becmoe a J.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
I don't recall Cheerchick being upset about what others thought about her; it was a genuine concern to change herself for what she saw as factors limiting what she could accomplish, independent of image. In this respect, it's not "accepting yourself for who you are," but more "what can I do for myself to increase efficiency?" Not to condone the notion that efficiency is positively correlated only with degree of "J-ness." Cheerchick just believed that having the organization and decisiveness characteristic to ideal "J's" is what would lead her to this efficiency.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Being an IxxJ sucks for that kind of thing. It's really hard to turn off the deliberation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It is easier for a J to fake being a P than for a P to fake being a J, but it is more difficult for a J to become a P than for a P to becmoe a J.

True but I don't know a J which trully wants to be a real P .
Anyone?

Being an IxxJ sucks for that kind of thing. It's really hard to turn off the deliberation.

As far as I know IxTJs are most deliberate and calculated types.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What would you do if I told you I like fun and P people?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
No!!!!!! :shock:

Seriously, I like fun too.

Fun like propane? Omg it's so exciting! Just ask Hank!
hank-hill-1.jpg

:tongue:

I'm bored...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My conclusion is that teaching a J how to be a P is counter productive. Instead Js should learn how to channel their J properly.

I simply don't see why I should force something that I am not. So instead of some large balancing I am trying to find places where I can use my J. That is why I started to spread more towards the outside world.
Which is because I am wasting quite well developed J. (If we overlook my "duties".)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My conclusion is that teaching a J how to be a P is counter productive. Instead Js should learn how to channel their J properly.

I simply don't see why I should force something that I am not. So instead of some large balancing I am trying to find places where I can use my J. That is why I started to spread more towards the outside world.
Which is because I am wasting quite well developed J. (If we overlook my "duties".)

Well, you can't be a J all of the time. Shit happens. You need to know how to perceive for when the shit hits the fan and the plan doesn't work out.

Unique

Exactly, once again I'm telling people to remember that these are only preferences, what we will do most of the time

Living without perceiving completely is like living without F or any of them really which is just unhealthy

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!Teach me.
Develop your Fi. Dario Nardi has a book that allows you to assess how much you use each cognitive function and gives tips on how to develop them.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, you can't be a J all of the time. Shit happens. You need to know how to perceive for when the shit hits the fan and the plan doesn't work out.

Well, there a one catch. Which is that I am Ni-dom so your J and my J are two quite different things.

Typical J traits are the ones that are being linked with being SJ. But being J does not mean you are SJ. But people(Ps) tend to presume this none the less. Which is because on every 10 SJs you have only one NJ.
If you focus on expressed NJs you find ratio even more asimetric.

Actually when you take a look at type distribution you will notice that 4 NJ types tend to be the 4 rarest types.
Right not I am writting a post where I am trying to explain the difference.
But this will take a while since I want to get it "right". So that we can togather determine am I really right.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Well, there a one catch. Which is that I am Ni-dom so your J and my J are two quite different things.

Well, you can stop assuming that every sentence out of my mouth is about SJness. You can also cut out your holier than thou attitude about being an NJ that it's a completely different concept from being an SJ. Regardless how we use our introverted functions, we're still Judgers, and we still expect the external world to be structured. If you debate otherwise, then you're just trying to convince people that being an NJ makes you a Perceiver, where as it doesn't. All it does is affect the kind of structure you impose on the world.

Most of the traits outlined in this thread are about being an SJ. It focuses on Judging the large amount of day to day minutiae. That's SJ-dom. NJs would have less trouble with that sort of thing.

Extraverted Judgers likely only find a problem with their J being that they want things to run perfectly. Like I iterated earlier, my problem with being a J is being an IxxJ, or as antisocial one alluded to, being an IxTJ. Introversion makes me think before acting. Thinking makes me concerned about making things systematic. Judging makes me impose structure and predictability on the world. Together, there are frequent enough times when there's too much analysis and not enough doing. That's one thing I'm trying to work on right now, learning how to temporarily turn off the analysis in favor of action.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It takes a great deal of energy for a P to act like a J, so take advantage of your pness and all will be good ;)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Originally I took this thread as a "P sucks!" thread but then I realized we all need to grow and develop. I don't want to be a J, but I do need to find ways to work within myself to be more productive. I've taught myself to work hard instead of ignoring stuff. (Ok, anyone who knows about the tutorial just shut up) I can also avoid wandering aimlessly through the day, which used to be a bigger problem for me.

I am extreme EP so this is a hard thing for me, being T is a heckalot easier, but I have spent years disciplining my mind in a thinking way. (older T brothers and math/engineering) Like anything else we can learn to adjust ourselves to be more productive.

I also agree with King of despair about the apathy. I definitely just pick randomly now instead of deliberating what might be the best decision. I've also learned to ask questions - when I was buying ice cream the other day I said to the server "do I want x, y or z" and they picked one and I had it. It's fun that way.

Chloe

It takes a great deal of energy for a P to act like a J, so take advantage of your pness and all will be good ;)

give examples of taking advantage?

if you are failing classes because you procrastinate learning, if you never come on time and you have problems at college because of it, if you can't make decisions, and you are almost never sure what's your opinion about something because you don't like limitations and defining things.

?