• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Self-flagellation works. (just kidding!)

Seriously, this is almost like the thread I just made asking for advice to help motivate my 20 year old ESFP son to get started on his adult life. So I have no magic answer.

But for myself, I reward myself with little "bribes" along the way to inspire myself to get to the end of tasks.

Good luck!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hate my P-ness.

That's more common than you'd think.
But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished.

Teach me.

1. Start viewing your life in terms of checklists and schedules.

2. Write lists of everything you want to do in a given day, and assign particular timeframes to each task that you want to stay inside.

3. Follow the list you make consistently all week, and never let yourself do anything spontaneous except on weekends or holidays.

4. Congratulations, you've become a Normal Person(tm). :)

Oh, and as for motivation... you're an E and you have friends, right? Tell them all about the schedule you've set up for yourself, so they can ride you about staying on it.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yup. I was the same way. But I once sat through a training / presentation and the typically excellent presenters wasted not just my hour, but 40 people's hour.

They started their presentation with the words, "There's no substitute for a total lack of preparation."

Kinda strange but that experience was like cold water thrown on me. I'm no J, but I did force myself to become someone known for being prepared after that.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Easy. Take your job and your relationships seriously, and you're done.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

It sounds like you've already pegged down your "weaknesses" and what you'd like to change about them. I'd suggest using, "now" mentality. The instant you desire to accomplish a task, do the task right then and there. There needs to be a certain, "there is no other way" mindset, or you'll never get around to doing it.

You might find it easier to organize your thoughts where you can see them; i.e. on paper or an excel spreadsheet. Jot down everything you aim to do, set a time line, and adhere like industrial grade sperm glue. Then break down the larger ideas into smaller ones, and use those as short-term checkpoints to keep yourself motivated.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
1. Start viewing your life in terms of checklists and schedules.

2. Write lists of everything you want to do in a given day, and assign particular timeframes to each task that you want to stay inside.

3. Follow the list you make consistently all week, and never let yourself do anything spontaneous except on weekends or holidays.

4. Congratulations, you've become a Normal Person(tm).

Oh, and as for motivation... you're an E and you have friends, right? Tell them all about the schedule you've set up for yourself, so they can ride you about staying on it.

Ah, bested by an INFJ. Yet again...

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
ok, first... you know what, forget it. this isn't worth my time.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Decide what is important to you. Plan what you are going to do for that day. Making lists makes a HUGE difference for me. You probably need to get away from the computer if you are anything like me.

You will grow and change, you need to focus on what is good about you too, not just the bad. It's really a bad way to go, focusing on the bad pness.

ok maybe I just put that last sentence in cause I could

juggernaut

Permabanned
I'd gladly let you have some of mine. I find the J so annoying at times I just want to choke it to death and kill it. I've found that spending time around Ps helps me chill a little so when I have time (like now) I try to make the most of their company. Perhaps you might do the same with the Js in your life. Act as if and you shall become, right?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Can someone help train me too? Now that I'm an ISTJ again, I must learn to think like one. ;)

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Teach me.

Disgusting!

All you have to do is make schedules and live by them. It sounds abhorrent to me, but to each his own I suppose. Now, how do we get you to actually make the schedule? I have no idea.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
To answer the OP, I would say to just be more serious, and less carefree. Be less relaxed, and learn to be more organized. Make tables for organization, make goals, write things down, etc.

I'd gladly let you have some of mine. I find the J so annoying at times I just want to choke it to death and kill it. I've found that spending time around Ps helps me chill a little so when I have time (like now) I try to make the most of their company.

Yeah I agree, even though I'm not a strong J, I find that a lot of times, I don't really like the J-ness because it interferes with my relaxation.

Unique

Ok this is so f**king stupid, you can't become a J and why would you want to?

If you use perceiving properly you can get things done faster and better than a J anyway

First off we work in bursts of energy, when you get one don't ignore it use it to accomplish things that have been "open" for the longest time

As a P you keep things "open" rather than close them off straight away (get them done) this way you can to multiple tasks at once often saving boat loads of time

You won't keep lists, its impossible for a P and unneeded, you will have to use your memory and pick tasks according to how long they have been open for

Perceiving for life man, Judging never.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I want to be a unicorn! How do I go about doing that? :tongue:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I want to be a unicorn! How do I go about doing that? :tongue:

1. Grow your hair out long, and then cut away most of what's on the sides, leaving something like a long, wide, soft mohawk that extends down past your neck.

2. Fashion a horn from a horned animal into a long cone shape, like what you see on unicorns.

3. Cut off a horse's tail, and use some kind of adhesive or binding to hold the hair together and in shape.

4. Find a way to affix the horn to your head, just above your forehead.

5. Find a way to affix the tail to your butt (or the end of your back).

6. Find or make four shoes that look like hooves.

6. Affix horn and tail.

7. Paint yourself pink or white (your choice), all over.

8. Get down on all fours, put aforementioned shoes on hands and feet.

9. Tada! You're a unicorn!