• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Type Anecdotes

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What are some intersting/funny type descriptions that show briefly how the different types look at things? For example, I found this one interesting in comparing myself and my husband:

The Eight Functions and Fence-Building

Ne - I want to design the fence.
Ni - Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary.
Se - I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing
Si - I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.
Te - Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?
Ti - I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.
Fe - How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?
Fi - I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time.

16 Reasons Why the Chicken Crossed the Road
ENTJ : Because I ordered it to cross the road
ENTP: Imagine if chickens continually keep crossing the road. It could be used as a renewable power source!
INTJ: Chickens are stupid.
INTP: Er, I didn't see it. Must have been thinking about something else...
INFJ: How can you be so insensitive as to question the motive of the poor innocent chicken?
INFP: The chicken probably felt unhappy with itself, and since the other side of the road had a more positive energy according to Feng Shui, it crossed to find inner harmony.
ENFP: A chicken crossing the road? This must be a sign that the world is eventually becoming a better place. Rejoice!
ENFJ: I always knew that the chicken would finally muster up enough courage to cross the road, it just needed a bit of gentle encouragement.
ESFP: Because there was a party on the other side!
ISFP: Such a beautiful setting with a chicken crossing a road in the sunset...
ESTP: We had a bet going if it would cross or not, and I persuaded it to cross.
ISTP: If it's not stuck underneath my wheels, I don't care.
ESTJ: Because it was illegal for chickens to remain on that side of the road.
ISTJ: The chicken crossed the road at exactly 15:35, and the crossing took 25 seconds. The reason is unimportant.
ESFJ: Because I helped it cross of course, otherwise the cars would've driven over it, the poor thing.
ISFJ: Because it was God's intention that it would cross the road.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think the chicken ones are pretty funny. :D

The MBTI prayers (we discussed them here):

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 a.m. EST.

ISTP: Lord, help me to consider other people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

ESTP: Lord, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though problems are usually NOT my fault.

ESTJ: Lord, help me to not try to RUN everything. But if you need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me do it EXACTLY right.

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).

ESFP: Lord, help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.

ESFJ: Lord, give me patience, and I mean RIGHT NOW.

INFJ: Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

INFP: Lord, help me to finish everything I sta-

ENFP: Lord, help me to keep my mind on one th- Look a bird! -ing at a time.

ENFJ: Lord, help me to do only what I can, trusting you for all the rest. But would you mind putting that in writing?

INTJ: Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

INTP: Lord, help me be less independent, just let me do it my way.

ENTP: Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Home brewn:

ENTP: "We must be aware of liability X in the theory Y"
INTJ: "Are you saying that theory Y is totally useless?"
INTP: "Theories can be useless?"

Actually happened:

ENTP: "I am appreciative of all genres except country."
ENFP: (mildly indignant) "What's wrong with country?"

A Nugget from the Net.... Why did the chicken cross the road?

Jacques Derrida: Any number of contending discourses may be discovered within the act of the chicken crossing the road, and each interpretation is equally valid as the authorial intent can never be discerned, because structuralism is DEAD, DAMMIT, DEAD!