• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which fits?

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I stole this list from Duchess's post about burning stereotypes (in this forum as well, worth checkin' out), and I found myself looking over this very carefully and trying to figure out which ones from each category more fit me. Obviously, unless one is 100% geared toward a function, it's likely that at least one "category" from each will fit you in some way. I'll give an example of what I mean in my following post, just didn't want to put it in this post cause it would get confusing.

Pick one from each pair (you can tell which are opposites, they're in the same place in the list). Which "E" traits fit you, and which "I" traits? Same for the other pairs.

Extraversion vs. Introversion Traits
E:
Gregarious - drawn to large number and variety of relationships.
Enthusiastic - being energetically with the "action" and at the center of things.
Initiator - social facilitator, assertively outgoing, build bridges among people.
Expressive - easy to know, approachable, warm, readily show feelings.
Auditory - learn through listening, active dialogue, and involvement with others.

I:
Intimate - most comfortable in small groups and with one-on-one relationships.
Quiet - present themselves modestly, drawn to the calm away from the center of action.
Receptor - content to let others initiate social amenities - even to the point of being overlooked.
Contained - well controlled, calm exterior, often difficult for others to "read.".
Visual - learn through observation, reflection, reading, and more solitary means.

Sensing vs. Intuition
S:
Concrete - depend on verifiable, factual information and direct perceptions. literal, mistrust fuzzy information"
Realistic - value being practical, cost-effective, and exercising common sense.
Pragmatic - highly values the usefulness or applications of an idea - more interesting than idea itself.
Experiential - heavily grounded by first hand, past experience. Reluctant to generalize beyond direct experience.
Traditional - trust what is familiar, support established groups and methods, honor precedents.

N:
Abstract - comfortable with and inferring meaning from ambiguous and non-literal information. Perceptive.
Imaginative - enjoy being ingenious, clever and novel . . . for its own sake.
Intellectual - learning, acquiring knowledge, mental challenges are valued as an end in itself. *mind you S's can be "intellectual" and value "mental challenges" and acquiring knowledge. I know I do as SF borderline t/j ish but ISFP none the less.
Theoretical - conceptual, automatically search for patterns in observed facts, comfortable with theories and inventing new ones. Resourceful.
Original - values initiative and enterprising, inventive, and novel solutions. Often mistrusts conventional wisdom.

Thinking vs. Feeling
T:
Critical - comfortable making distinctions, categorizing, making win/lose choices, being in adversarial situations.
Tough Minded - results oriented, ends justify the means, stick on task. Firm
Questionning - intellectually independent, resistant to influence, self confident.
Logical - values and trusts detached, objective, and logical analysis.
Reasonable - is clear-thinking, objective, reasoned, and logical in everyday decision-making.

F:
Accepting - tolerant towards human failings, see positive side of others, instinctually seeks win/win resolutions of problems.
Tender Hearted - use gentle persuasion to influence, reluctant to force compliance..
Accomodating - seeks consensus, deferential, conflict avoiding, seeks harmony.
Affective - trusts emotions and feelings, values human considerations, in touch with feelings.
Compassionate - makes decisions on overall impressions, patterns, and feelings (including emotional likes and dislikes).

Judging vs. Perceiving
J:
Early Starter - focused. Structure activities to work on one thing at a time, allowing adequate time for proper completion.
Systematic - prefers orderly, structured and programmed responses. Likes formal contingency planning.
Scheduled - creates and easily follows standardized and familiar routines.
Planful - likes to schedule future commitments far in advance, uses dates and deadlines to organize their energies.
Methodical - implements projects in a planned, organized, and step-by-step manner. Self programming.

P:
Pressure Prompted - prefers variety and multi-tasking. Most effectively energized when working close to deadlines.
Casual - comfortable making adjustments as situation requires. Prefers informal guidelines vs. structured rules. Adaptable.
Spontaneous - dislikes repeatedly following the same routines. Seeks variety and change.
Open-ended - strongly values preserving flexibility and freedom, dislikes being tied down by long range plans. Makes flexible plans.
Emergent - ad hoc planner. Moves quickly into action without detailed plans, plans on the go. Risk taking.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
E:
Auditory

I:
Intimate
Quiet
Receptor
Contained

S:
Experiential

N:
Abstract
Imaginative
Intellectual
Original

T:
Reasonable

F:
Accepting
Tender Hearted
Accommodating
Affective

J:
Psht.

P:
Pressure Prompted
Casual
Spontaneous
Open-ended
Emergent

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
The traits that match me:

E:

I:
Intimate
Quiet
Receptor
Contained
Visual

S:
Concrete
Realistic
Experiential

N:

T:
Critical
Tough-Minded
Questioning
Logical
Reasonable

F:
Accepting

J:
Early Starter
Systematic
Methodical

P:
Casual
Open-ended

G

garbage

Some pairs of opposites both fit, so I'm selecting both. I even select parts of certain traits. Take that, establishment!

Extraversion vs. Introversion Traits
E:
Gregarious - drawn to large number and variety of relationships.
Enthusiastic - being energetically with the "action" and at the center of things.
Initiator - social facilitator, assertively outgoing, build bridges among people.
Expressive - easy to know, approachable, warm, readily show feelings.
Auditory - learn through listening, active dialogue, and involvement with others.

I:
Intimate - most comfortable in small groups and with one-on-one relationships.
Quiet - present themselves modestly, drawn to the calm away from the center of action.
Receptor - content to let others initiate social amenities - even to the point of being overlooked.
Contained - well controlled, calm exterior, often difficult for others to "read.".
Visual - learn through observation, reflection, reading, and more solitary means.

Sensing vs. Intuition
S:
Concrete - depend on verifiable, factual information and direct perceptions. literal, mistrust fuzzy information"
Realistic - value being practical, cost-effective, and exercising common sense.
Pragmatic - highly values the usefulness or applications of an idea - more interesting than idea itself.
Experiential - heavily grounded by first hand, past experience. Reluctant to generalize beyond direct experience.
Traditional - trust what is familiar, support established groups and methods, honor precedents.

N:
Abstract - comfortable with and inferring meaning from ambiguous and non-literal information. Perceptive.
Imaginative - enjoy being ingenious, clever and novel . . . for its own sake.
Intellectual - learning, acquiring knowledge, mental challenges are valued as an end in itself.
Theoretical - conceptual, automatically search for patterns in observed facts, comfortable with theories and inventing new ones. Resourceful.
Original - values initiative and enterprising, inventive, and novel solutions. Often mistrusts conventional wisdom.

Thinking vs. Feeling
T:
Critical - comfortable making distinctions, categorizing, making win/lose choices, being in adversarial situations.
Tough Minded - results oriented, ends justify the means, stick on task. Firm
Questionning - intellectually independent, resistant to influence, self confident.
Logical - values and trusts detached, objective, and logical analysis.
Reasonable - is clear-thinking, objective, reasoned, and logical in everyday decision-making.

F:
Accepting - tolerant towards human failings, see positive side of others, instinctually seeks win/win resolutions of problems.
Tender Hearted - use gentle persuasion to influence, reluctant to force compliance..[/B

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
E:
I: intimate, quiet, receptor, contained, visual
S: pragmatic, experiential
N: abstract, imaginative, original
T: questioning
F: accepting, tender-hearted, affective compassionate
J: methodical
P: pressure-prompted, casual, spontaneous, open-ended

There is a significant probability that I answered some of these incorrectly because I feel pressured to choose from each in order to prove some kind of point. :)